Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Concerned, our squad was too thin as it was, then we made it smaller and have so far only brought in 2 faces, 1 seems to be another youngster so not a full first team player and the other ive never heard of, it would also seem we have tried and failed with several targets (including January) which is worrying. Then again i believe we will finished lower half next year again anyway so fuck it. Just hope we dont have relegation problems like last season because that was unbarable.

Concerned, our squad was too thin as it was, then we made it smaller and have so far only brought in 2 faces, it would also seem we have tried and failed with several targets (including January) which is worrying. Then again i believe we will finished lower half next year again anyway so f*** it. Just we dont have relegation problems like last season because that was unbarable.

you're coming over to live and work here next season aren't you....if we don't finish better this season than last i'll meet up with you lot and buy you a blue pint.

Last time I checked, 100% of voters said "confident"!!

brilliant stuff!!! roll on the new season with big Mike in the stands  :frantic:

As long as his front office is able to close the deals - re: KK's top targets, those players who will immediately strengthen the first 11, and this doesn't apply to Guthrie imo - and he financially backs his manager, his chosen manager in the form of Keegan............ otherwise i couldn't give a rat's arse as to whether he sits in the stands or not.

Err.... concerned.

Just incase all those cautious guys hadn't noticed, the start of the season is less than one month away, we have already started pre-season training, we have our first pre-season game this weekend ffs.

Willing and hoping to be proved wrong but concerned, if everything was going according to plan surely, surely it would be a good idea to have most new players in before pre-season training started, picking up a couple more before the window closes. As we all know, it'll take a few weeks to bed new players in, isn't that what the pre-season is for?

Anyway, nowt wrong with a bit of concern!

You know, I bet Keegan, Wise and co. had never thought of that.

Of course they would have wanted their signings in early, but transfers are sorted just because NUFC want them to be sorted. There are other clubs, agents, and players involved. The only way you get good players early in the window is if you make an offer that is too good to refuse.

All the more reason to be concerned then! .....Thanks for that.

Blue Pints all round please  :razz:

Disapointed we missed out on two top class creative players Aimar and Modric but happy we are going after the right kinda player.Exicted to see what spiderman can do,a bit iffy about Guthrie,was never overly impressed with him but could be a good squad player for us

Premier League 08/09

Who'll be bottom after 10 games? Stoke 9/4, West Brom 3/1, Bolton 12/1 or Newcastle 50/1.

Register with Sky Bet - Bet £10 and get £40 free.

Of course Hull, Sunderland etc are better than us.

Is that for real?

Absolutely pathetic if so. I'm at a loss for words sometimes.

Premier League 08/09

Who'll be bottom after 10 games? Stoke 9/4, West Brom 3/1, Bolton 12/1 or Newcastle 50/1.

Register with Sky Bet - Bet £10 and get £40 free.

Of course Hull, Sunderland etc are better than us.

Is that for real?

Absolutely pathetic if so. I'm at a loss for words sometimes.

Other way around, it means there is more chance that they will be bottom than us

as i said to a friend a couple of nights ago when he said 'keegans 5/1 to be the first manager sacked next season'. how likely it is, is completely irrelevant to the bookies, they want people to look at the odds and think 'thats good value'. as we're hated by a lot of people at the minute, and seem ten minutes from catastrophe most of the time, they'll pick up a bit of money by setting our odds like that. betting against newcastle is a status symbol for some cockneys. i have an annual bet with a cockney on a different forum, he backs us to go down every season, i've made £40 from it so far.

ask me when the transfer window closes

When does the transfer window close?

Is this a trick question? :lol:

Sorry, I'm just bored tbh.  :blush:

How long since you finished work for the summer? Just over 24 hours? :lol:

ask me when the transfer window closes

When does the transfer window close?

Is this a trick question? :lol:

Sorry, I'm just bored tbh.  :blush:

How long since you finished work for the summer? Just over 24 hours? :lol:

I'll get used to it eventually...  :celb:

I'm actually heartened after hearing Keegan this afternoon. Just nice to actually hear from the man himself. :)

I'm actually heartened after hearing Keegan this afternoon. Just nice to actually hear from the man himself. :)

It might sound cliche, but there's just something about Keegan and what he says. If he says we're going to fine, then I believe him.

It might sound cliche, but there's just something about Keegan and what he says. If he says we're going to fine, then I believe him.

:nods:

:nods:

I haven't even seen the video but if Keegan is up for it that's all I need to know :thup:

• 3 weeks later...