Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm worried, we still really need a couple more players and I'm nervous and anxious to see us get them in. For some reason I don't think we will and for that we will really suffer. A new fullback, another striker, and a creative midfielder/playmaker and I would be more than content. That is what, in my opinion, we need. 2 new fullbacks (left and right), and 2 CMs and I would be ecstatic providing they're good players.

End of the day, if we had signed Modric I'd be content with things as they stand at the moment. Absolutely gutted we missed out on him still, especially given where he ended up.

We're currently stronger by a fair way now than we were at the end of the season so I don't see any reason to be concerned, if you think about it rationally we improved 100% towards the end of last season, started to play football and looked like a decent side within a few months of KK taking over. He's now added a few of his 'own' players and has had a few months to get back to grips with the club and management, it's easy to get caught up in this "Oh f*** we need lyk 9 new players or were gonna be s*** still" but if you take a step back and think about it we've addressed the midfield area and bought two new players who have looked good so far and now have Coloccini.

Yes it looks like Faye is going but we've proved we can STILL attract players of Colo's quality so there's no reason why he can't be replaced, maybe not now but in January or next summer, until then we have Cacapa and Taylor who I don't rate but it's not like it's a desperate situation like the midfield was last season when we had literally f*** all, they can still do a job. We're much better now than we were at the start of the transfer window and maybe be even better if we get one or two more faces in. No reason to be concerned at all imo. It's a gradual thing we're trying to do it's not going to happen over one summer ffs.

Concerned...what about? We've improved the squad quite a bit imo, no need to be. Roll on sunday.

that what i am concerned... i felt we could do more than that :undecided:

window hasnt closed.

true... but future is blur... signing player on window closing prone to get caught by panic buying

well, maybe. (Beye suggests otherwise, but i catch your drift) however there is still a full two weeks to go, not just one day.

Coloccini and Taylor will be a good partnership, Faye had the brawn but not the brain and he won't be as big a loss as some are making out.

Judging by the pre season performances and comments from Keegan regarding transfers I am optimistic for the coming season

End of the day, if we had signed Modric I'd be content with things as they stand at the moment. Absolutely gutted we missed out on him still, especially given where he ended up.

I refuse to believe KK's just given up on that idea.

His comments about Guthrie so far suggest he's not been brought in as that player either.

we're piss weak at CB now mind, has to be said...the colo/guti news took me up a few notches but the faye news has dragged me right back down, not for how good he was(nt) but for the paucity of our reserves

cacapa & edgar, i defy anyone in the known world to tell me that's a good enough back up

there has to be a deal in the pipeline, has to be

we're piss weak at CB now mind, has to be said...the colo/guti news took me up a few notches but the faye news has dragged me right back down, not for how good he was(nt) but for the paucity of our reserves

cacapa & edgar, i defy anyone in the known world to tell me that's a good enough back up

you'd hope so, because i have no confidence whatsoever in Taylor or Edgar

you'd hope so, because i have no confidence whatsoever in Taylor or Edgar

has to be man, has to be...

I think selling Faye was a stupid move, but Taylor, Colo, Cacapa & Edgar should be good enough tbh.  Cacapa looked very poor last season, but you don't get to captain Lyon by being as bad as he was against Pompey.  We would have looked oustanding had we held on to Faye, but as it stands I think we have enough depth to be competitive. 

Could be looking at another 4 coming in if Shola goes.

But the question is if there's time enough. Hopefully we have worked behind the scenes for 2-3 players without giving anything away to the media for the last couple of weeks, and i hope we are closing in on some...

I'm still feeling the same as i did tbh: confident/content. Still only concerned about one thing mainly; simply the fact that the match practise hasn't been gained in pre-season by our top performers. But that's the only serious concern for me really.

/ Confident about the board's relationship with Keegan.

/ Confident about Ashley's mentality towards the club in general.

/ Confident about the recruitment set-up, and it's collaboration with Keegan.

/ Confident about, and very happy thus far, with the signings made - we've improved the first team simple as, to me.

/ Confident that we'll have the squad bulked up to a respectable standard by September.

/ Confident that we'll have a decent season.

I'm a little bit cautious about what sort of system Keegan is intending on employing, 4-3-3 still seems the best way to go. It's versatile, dynamic, unpredictable - and different. Very difficult to combat.  But we do have got the players to make 4-4-2 work - just intrigued, really. The Faye thing has disappointed me a lot tbh, as we looked to be having a complete defense until now, but we'll still get by so long as no one else leaves.

Couple more signings and we'll be reet. One of them simply has to be a good centre-midfielder, otherwise i will be concerned.

I think we're a lot better than what some of us, and the media are making out. We've got two very good keepers, full-backs are solid, centre-backs don't look bad, probably the best set of 4 wingers outside the top 4, and 3 top-class centre-forwards. Think we're just another centre-midfielder away from a cracking season tbh.

I think we're a lot better than what some of us, and the media are making out. We've got two very good keepers, full-backs are solid, centre-backs don't look bad, probably the best set of 4 wingers outside the top 4, and 3 top-class centre-forwards. Think we're just another centre-midfielder away from a cracking season tbh.

I agree with you, just a couple of pieces still missing imo, and  as you say we have 4 really good wingers, thats where we are strongest  i think..

I agree with you, just a couple of pieces still missing imo, and  as you say we have 4 really good wingers, thats where we are strongest  i think..

except one is incosistent, one is awfully average, one has been poor for 3 seasons and the other is untried in the prem

that said, I like the look of Jonas a lot and Duff has the potential to do well for us this season

Bizarrely more confident - not because of Sunday but more of what Keegan has been saying.  He acknowledged we need 3 more signings and is trying to get them.  Its a breath of fresh air to hear a manager of ours on the same page as the fans -  so many times in the past when it was glaringly obvious we had shortomcomings, managers would come out and protest that we had a great squad etc or would sign a player totally inappropriate to our needs at the time.

If we don't get the signings I'll be dissapointed but feeling more confident that our management know the issues and are trying to address them rather than having a numpty manager who doesn't have a clue/too stubborn to acknowledge them.

This season may end up being the one where teams are afraid of playing against us again and start showing us a bit more respect. But only if we play like we did on sunday and keep the tempo and press on against teams. Don't care what all the press say we looked like taken the points at times and add owen and viduka plus 2-4 new signings in there and we should not be to scared of any teams as long as we play with that commitment, fitness every game