Owen Keeps the Armband

Skirge

Guest sicko2ndbest

I assume his contract is pretty much tied up then.

Let's hope he can stay fit, as he's already started the season off with a strain.

Not really who else commands a starting place regularly?, Butt, Beye, Faye possibly

Guest elbee909

:lol:

The board lackz ambishun, y isnt we signin a noo captin?!!!!!!1!!!1!

I'm cutting my wrists with a sharpened lolly-stick, don't know about you.

Let's hope he can stay fit, as he's already started the season off with a strain.

Not really who else commands a starting place regularly?, Butt, Beye, Faye possibly

What?

I don't understand what you're on about.

My point was that it looks likely that his contract is likely to be sorted out soon enough otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as captain so early on.

I will be pretty pissed off if Butt commands a regular starting place come the start of the season!

Guest sicko2ndbest

What?

I don't understand what you're on about.

My point was that it looks likely that his contract is likely to be sorted out soon enough otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as captain so early on.

My point is plain to see. They would give it Owen regardless of whether his contract was sorted or not. They would just give it someone else should he decide to negotiate with another club in Jan.

Guest icemanblue

Mate, I've hacked off my balls with a courgette. I'm fucking apoplectic with rage.

Guest elbee909

Mate, I've hacked off my balls with a courgette. I'm fucking apoplectic with rage.

If I were you, I'd stuff them up your arse so that the next time you shit, you'll shit all over your balls!

That's the kind of situation we're in here.

dont necessarily think it means his contract's sorted, it might even be an attempt at giving him a little more incentive to sign one. i'm not worried about his injury this time, when he pulled his thigh in training a few weeks after coming back from the serious knee injury i was very worried, but he got in a very solid run of games at the end of last season. he also seems to have shed a bit of that upper body weight he put on after returning from the knee injury, making him a bit quicker off the mark.

Guest nufc_geordie

Beye should be the captain, he's cool as f***

I second that.

Thinking more about this though, it would suggest to me that Owen is garaunteed to play. I'm not sure I agree 100% with that as it looks like we are heading towards a 4-4-2 and Martins offers more of a threat although Owen is the better finisher. One to ponder I think.

Guest shearer_united

Owen Is not captain material - no surprise about that.

I think the only real reason why Keegan said Owen is going to be captain (especially at this time of the year) is to give Owen a bigger reason to stay at the club; make him feel he has a 'place' in the squad.

I think the only real reason why Keegan said Owen is going to be captain (especially at this time of the year) is to give Owen a bigger reason to stay at the club; make him feel he has a 'place' in the squad.

Certainly appeared to be a better captain on the pitch than Parker and Geremi and all the others that have stood in post-Shearer.

Guest shearer_united

Certainly appeared to be a better captain on the pitch than Parker and Geremi and all the others that have stood in post-Shearer.

They too were not that good captains. If i remember correctly Geremi was given the captaincy just because he knew a certain number of different languages making him communicate effectively with other players.

We desperately need to look for players that are good captain material. The only ones i would recommend from our current squad is either Harper/Given or Habib Beye for now - but we definitely need a captain similar to Gareth Barry. But ofcourse it is also wrong to give someone the captaincy the year he is brought into a new team. A person needs to be at a team for a few years to get to know the team and its style of play.