Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Newcastle Utd - 26/07/08 - post-match reaction from page 7

kirkwdavis2001

We desperately need another striker.

Owen, Martins and one other good option and I'm happy. Smith/Shola as 4th choice isn't ideal, but I suppose it'd do until Viduka is back. If one of them is 3rd choice then we're fucked basically.

Another midfielder of some sort would be handy as well like. We have enough in terms of numbers in there, but there's a distinct lack of quality.

Could do with a good center half as well, while we're on the subject.

I really hope Keegan is bluffing.

From the two games Newcastle has played, i cant say i have seen ONE positive thing Smith/Amobi has done really, Ameobi had a nice flick to Duffman against Hartlepool but then what?

???

To manage to contradict yourself in the same sentence as you're making your point is quite impressive.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just got back

Summary

Guthrie promising

Duff and Smith Shite

Ameobi couldnt hold up traffic

Bassong ok but not good enough

Charlie good runs no end product

Geremi see opposite of Charlie

Jose outmuscled for the goal

Fans funny as fook 'are you jesus in disguise' to a stewrd and bowing to him. Our end was full

Fans class, football depressing

I think it might just be a bluff. I really can't see him coming out and saying "My god, we are shit upfront. We are in dire need of some decent forwards and midfielders so I can stop having to choose this rubbish every week"

I think it might just be a bluff. I really can't see him coming out and saying "My god, we are s*** upfront. We are in dire need of some decent forwards and midfielders so I can stop having to choose this rubbish every week"

Selling those two shitheads who played upfront today will be like getting two new signings..

Guest MaetihS

expected really. what can we expect from a midfield that resembles a relegation one..... i have always said our midfield is the weakest...among the top 15.

Safe to say we're going to need the Duke, Martins and Owen to do the business this season. We looked ok keeping the ball in spells but no conviction/creative spark in the final third. Also the lack of substitutions made shows our lack of depth when a few people are out. At least its only friendly and we can only get better. Should if nothing else show we need some strength in depth. Fans gave Bassong a day to remember n all.

I think it might just be a bluff. I really can't see him coming out and saying "My god, we are s*** upfront. We are in dire need of some decent forwards and midfielders so I can stop having to choose this rubbish every week"

I hope so.  It might be the hangover talking, but I've got the worrying feeling that we'll sign a centre-half, possibly Warnock as a replacement for Enrique (or "cover") and then that will be it.  We will be in store for another magical season of the craft, guile, speed and precision that IS Nicky Butt and Geremi.  And who knows what variations we'll see.  The return of Alan "the new Roy Keane" Smith to midfield?  Milner the wonderboy moved in the center?  Maybe Barton will recover from his nightly bumming in time to play some part.  What an embarrassment of riches. 

From the two games Newcastle has played, i cant say i have seen ONE positive thing Smith/Amobi has done really, Ameobi had a nice flick to Duffman against Hartlepool but then what?

???

To manage to contradict yourself in the same sentence as you're making your point is quite impressive.

Give it a rest mate.  Even the most retarded person can still understand what he means by it.

expected really. what can we expect from a midfield that resembles a relegation one..... i have always said our midfield is the weakest...among the top 15.

You have always said that, you're right, straight to the point as always.

On a seperate note I though Guthrie looked tidy, like a more positive version of Scott Parker, similar tenacity etc.

Spinning around like a high-powered drill?

:lol:

Surely Keegan was referring more to his priorities. Once we get in the two he wants at the back, I doubt he'll stop looking for anyone else. Or that he's not looking at anything else currently. Just his current focus is bodies at the back, since we have bodies elsewhere. Once we have cover at the back then we can look to improve over the other areas where we have cover but maybe not enough quality.

Guest sicko2ndbest

On a seperate note I though Guthrie looked tidy, like a more positive version of Scott Parker, similar tenacity etc.

A better passer, not as competitive nut not lightweight either. Did well, best passer by a mile

On a seperate note, and I apologise if it's been asked, where was Milner?

It has been asked by me, but no-one answered.  :laugh:

Presuming he's got a knock and KK is being careful.

Reunion of fucking Hull away last year in pre-season that like, what a wank performance!

Only good thing is Krul got 30minutes and played decent and Guthrie looked like the answer to our centre midfield problem!

Where was Butt and Milner anybody know ?