Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Is it common knowledge that other well known teams were in for him? or are we the only ones to of tried to sign him. I only ask because he seems quite highly rated and it would be bizarre if no one else tried to sign him?

This was posted at 2pm on that Depor forum

He said good bye in the press conference. The usual thing you know "this was the best part of my career" bla bla. An official of the club gave the thanks to him and now his going to England. I guess it will be official in England as soon as he passess the medicals.

Signing another player on the way down with their best years behind them, just like the bad old days  :angry:

I don't think there is any doubt at all that if the old regime had signed a 26 year old central defender for 11m quid they would be labelling him as you say, along with the old "trophy player" bollocks

Gerraway man.

its been said enough mate.

Nowt wrong with a quality signing [if he turns out to be a quality signing - in fact if he doesn't who will apply hindsight as in the case of Boumsong I wonder], but its who signs them that causes the problem would appear to be the case.

I still haven't worked out whether your view is based on foresight based on hindsight, or hindsight based on foresight. Or maybe hindisght based on hindsight so you win either way  O0

Personalities don't interest me. Quality players and paying for them is what a club with the crowds and turnover we have ought to be doing. We did it under the old regime and they got hammered for it. So you tell me what the difference is here ?

I'm dead pleased with the intention of it, but a club like us should be doing more of it, its really that simple.

Guest Coubury

The lad a load of bollocks to be fair, may as well buy Boumsong back. How can the club move forward with such an inept signing?

Do you even watch football?

any post i ahve seen of yours all you do is criticize its about time you shut the fuck up.

Spoke to my ITK source last night (Dave and Wullie will back me that his info is spot on) and he said he's signed, but they haven't announced it yet as they have to break the news to Keegan first, who doesn't even know who Coloccini is and thinks we're getting Anton Ferdinand...

Good signing.

Room for comprimise had to occur, both on Ashley/our Front Office and Depor's part. A continual Mexican Stand-off would've just further wrecked havok on KK's rebuilding plans, afterall Coloccini was possibly KK's 3rd target/choice behind Woodgate and *Dunne. *if there was truth to the paper talk.

10m for a mid-20's centrehalf, with pedigree on his side, is just about the going rate so i don't have issue with the transfer fee.

In terms of showing ambition & backing the manager there is still plenty of work to do over the remainder of the window. A mobile/big centre forward and an auxillary/creative central playing forward/attacking midfielder are the remain the two biggest 'need areas' to feel.

Spoke to my ITK source last night (Dave and Wullie will back me that his info is spot on) and he said he's signed, but they haven't announced it yet as they have to break the news to Keegan first, who doesn't even know who Coloccini is and thinks we're getting Anton Ferdinand...

:iamatwat: :iamatwat:

Well I think that officially ends the "taking so long because we want to announce two at once" theory

It's from the chronicle.

very glad they're giving absolutely fuck all to that cocksucker and his two bit rag

Well I think that officially ends the "taking so long because we want to announce two at once" theory

It's from the chronicle.

very glad they're giving absolutely fuck all to that cocksucker and his two bit rag

:lol: