Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

£9 million is an outstanding offer. They need the money and the agent has said this is the absolute best offer he could get for Coloccini, seems like the president just has to get his head around the fact that Freddy doesn't live here anymore. Hopefully, it should happen soon enough.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

lol

when i left work at 4 a.m. this thread was 15 page.

now is 32 :idiot2: :idiot2:

can someone tell me what's the situation with Collocini at the moment we speak.

I read that they have rejected our offer??

Is this correct and are we going to make a new offer for him??

lol

when i left work at 4 a.m. this thread was 15 page.

now is 32 :idiot2: :idiot2:

can someone tell me what's the situation with Collocini at the moment we speak.

I read that they have rejected our offer??

Is this correct and are we going to make a new offer for him??

We've "agreed" personal terms with the player but Depor have turned down our bid which matched their original valuation in the hope they can squeeze £2 million more out of us. Hopefully a compromise can be reached, if not there's talk of Coloccini "doing a Jonas" and coming to join us.

It's all going very Luque.

Collocini, Bassong, Inler and Derdiyok (still at FC Basel I think) would* fit our profile. Get shot of Duff, Ameobi etc. and in reality it would be an inexpensive summer with quality added to the squad.

*"would" used in a way not to sound presumptious and wreck any potential deal(s). Paranoia is clearly setting in!

Im off my face, but we have a weak as fuck midfield so we could have an amazing defence but they would still get bombarded by mediocre teams such as blackburn and west ham. Woodgate is an amazing centre half but he didnt help boro much, we finished above them cunts, a real defence comes from a strong midfield.

Im off my face, but we have a weak as f*** midfield so we could have an amazing defence but they would still get bombarded by mediocre teams such as blackburn and west ham. Woodgate is an amazing centre half but he didnt help boro much, we finished above them c***s, a real defence comes from a strong midfield.

a real defence is the midfield and defence both functioning well tbh. During Keegan's 2nd spell here we has a cracking midfield, didn't do the defence much good. We need 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker

Im off my face, but we have a weak as f*** midfield so we could have an amazing defence but they would still get bombarded by mediocre teams such as blackburn and west ham. Woodgate is an amazing centre half but he didnt help boro much, we finished above them c***s, a real defence comes from a strong midfield.

a real defence is the midfield and defence both functioning well tbh. During Keegan's 2nd spell here we has a cracking midfield, didn't do the defence much good. We need 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker

you're right, we ain't getting them though are we?!

well, i can certainly see us bringing in 2 defenders before sep 1st, the rest we'll have to pray for. But if we leave our midfield and attack the way it is, we're in for a long, hard season filled with 'injury crisis' excuses

well, i can certainly see us bringing in 2 defenders before sep 1st, the rest we'll have to pray for. But if we leave our midfield and attack the way it is, we're in for a long, hard season filled with 'injury crisis' excuses

yup, hard to disagree with that

Basically saying how his agent is working hard to get Coloccini the "deal of his life".

Going to bed now, hopefully when I wake up later something will have transpired.  Fingers crossed we get him and don't get held ransom over it.

Guest David Kelly

Don't know if anyone's picked up on this before (I aint going to read through the fifteen pages since I looked yesterday afternoon) but it's interesting to hear that his agent has said the deal we have agreed with him would mean him doubling his wages.  Either we've changed our position since losing out on Aimar or wages were always their.

Either way it's nice to know we can still offer enough wages to get international players.

Guest David Kelly

Sounds like they rate him very highly (which is good) but some doubt his ability to play over here (same old same old).

Guest sicko2ndbest

Leinoiro (?) obviously dosnt trust the agent and thinks he has recived a better offer for the player but with lower personal terms.

If we can offer them 2 million more through league finishes and uefa cup qualification that should do it. 2 million euros just means finishing 3 places higher than we did this year  :rolleyes: