Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Jonas was eligible to buy out his contract and move to a foreign club. Coloccini is also eligible to do the same.

Also, it appears that Baptista is too, as he signed with Real on the 25th of July 2005, so as of the 25th of July 2008 he has been at Real for three years and is under 28 years old, and so is also eligible to buy out his contract and join a foreign club.

Intersting little strategy we have going here ... nice little prompt we can use when encouraging clubs to accept our offers.

Expecting Baptista to sign as soon as we can find a scrap heap for Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi.

:celb:

But I thought the buy out thingy had to be done a few days after the season ended.

Not really sure if that is the case, but some of the Colccini articles claim that his agent threatened to invoke the rule, so it seems it can still be done.

I've done f***ing nothing at work this morning. :blush:

I read my emails at 5 past 7, since then I've done nothing other than chat on msn and look at this place!!

I haven't done much either,  I am waiting for a massive query to run though so there isn't much else I can do.

I've done f***ing nothing at work this morning. :blush:

I read my emails at 5 past 7, since then I've done nothing other than chat on msn and look at this place!!

I haven't done much either,  I am waiting for a massive query to run though so there isn't much else I can do.

It's my last week here so I'm going to do very little all week.

I'm trying not to think either way,  which is hard as obviously I want us to sign him but don't want to be crushed again.

Yeah, that does sound very difficult tbf.

:lol:

I'm trying not to think either way,  which is hard as obviously I want us to sign him but don't want to be crushed again.

Yeah, that does sound very difficult tbf.

:lol:

not for gambling gorilla

Getting nervous now...f*** off Spurs!!!

I'm as nervous about Spurs as the next man, and I can't stand them, but would they really pay £8 milion for a 26 year old Argentine international on sizeable wages who they couldn't promise a regular starting spot.

As of right now both Woodgate and King appear to be fit so I'm thinking they would bring in someone a bit younger and cheaper who wouldn't be as high profile to be their 3rd centre back.

My money is on him agreeing an improved contract where he is after all this unfortunately. I don't want to bring up old debates, but I would be a lot more optimistic about our chances in the transfer market if Keegan was involved. I'd love to be proven wrong here.

My money is on him agreeing an improved contract where he is after all this unfortunately. I don't want to bring up old debates, but I would be a lot more optimistic about our chances in the transfer market if Keegan was involved. I'd love to be proven wrong here.

The thing is though, we have apparently already agreed terms on a 4 year deal with the player. Not sure if Depor are in a position financially to give him a new contract that would match our offer.

The thing is though, we have apparently already agreed terms on a 4 year deal with the player. Not sure if Depor are in a position financially to give him a new contract that would match our offer.

"Apparently"

"Apparently"

Yeah, I know ... the agent does seem to be making a real push to get the player to Newcastle though, so I'm hoping it's because we have already found agreement on a nice deal for him and his client.

Guess we'll see soon enough.