Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest sicko2ndbest

Deportivo's Coloccini will sign for Newcastle today

Monday 28 July 2008 - 11:45:24 - Click to post or view

It has just been announced in the Spanish media that Deportivo's Fabricio Coloccini will sign for Newcastle "in the next few hours".

The player and his agent, Marcelo Lombilla, have submitted a formal offer to the club of a transfer of 10 million euros, which is expected to be accepted.

Deportivo La Coruna are in a financial crisis and are desperate for sales to refill the coffers. This will just be the first of many deals in the coming weeks.

Negotiations have proceeded quicker than expected and Coloccini could be in Newcastle as early as tomorrow. Newcastle have already agreed personal terms with the player and he will sign a four year contract.

The only stumbling block to the deal is that Depor want Newcastle to pay the full amount in cash immediately but Newcastle want to pay in instalments. But that is not insurmountable.

The Argentine international had told the club that he wanted to leave when he came back from the World Cup Qualifying games, and he has admitted that Newcastle have come up with the best offer and has made up his mind fully.

Source: Footylatest

Good player. Much, much better than Taylor.

I'm going to try and avoid the computer for the next day or two because I don't want to waste my life reading piss-poorly translated articles taken from provincial Spanish websites like I did when we were "in" for Aimar.

Could not agree more.

It has just been announced in the Spanish media that Deportivo's Fabricio Coloccini will sign for Newcastle "in the next few hours".

The player and his agent, Marcelo Lombilla, have submitted a formal offer to the club of a transfer of 10 million euros, which is expected to be accepted.

Deportivo La Coruna are in a financial crisis and are desperate for sales to refill the coffers. This will just be the first of many deals in the coming weeks.

Negotiations have proceeded quicker than expected and Coloccini could be in Newcastle as early as tomorrow. Newcastle have already agreed personal terms with the player and he will sign a four year contract.

The only stumbling block to the deal is that Depor want Newcastle to pay the full amount in cash immediately but Newcastle want to pay in instalments. But that is not insurmountable.

The Argentine international had told the club that he wanted to leave when he came back from the World Cup Qualifying games, and he has admitted that Newcastle have come up with the best offer and has made up his mind fully.

I wasn't sure about him coming but now footylatest have put that to bed I can't wait.

For a minute I was sceptical but now Footylatest have confirmed it I can go out and celebrate

On form today - 1 "wide of the mark" and a humourous quip about Senderos:

Keegan and Wise hold talks on Bassong

Jul 28 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Sebastien Bassong

KEVIN KEEGAN plans talks with his director of football Dennis Wise this week before deciding whether to sign Newcastle United trialist Sebastien Bassong.

At £1.5m, the Metz defender comes into United’s price range, but the fact he is already back in France will not give him much hope of finding a permanent peg in the St James’s Park dressing room.

Wise and scout Jeff Vetere were at the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday where Bassong played the full 90 minutes in the 1-0 defeat by Doncaster Rovers.

To be fair to the 22-year-old French Under-21 international, he did OK in the No 46 shirt, although it has to be said that along with the rest of the United back four, they were not put under the sort of pressure they will get in the Premier League.

And this even though it was obvious that the travelling Toon Army hadn’t a clue who he was as there were no PA announcements. This was because Doncaster wanted to keep the identities of their three trialists a secret in case they were spotted by other watching clubs.

But Keegan emerged after the game to tell me: “I thought Sebastien did very well, and he now goes back to Metz.

“We’ve got a chance to sign him, and I’ll talk with Dennis, and just see where we go from here.

“That’s the first time I’ve seen him in a match. He’s a nice lad. We had him all week. He’s in the French Under-21s so he’s no mug – he can play.”

Bassong, who was born in Paris and prefers to play on the left of the defence, has made more than 70 appearances for Metz.

Meanwhile, United fans have every right to hope that reports circulating over the weekend that the club has made a £4m bid for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos are wide of the mark.

For the Swiss international is regarded by many as a rich man’s Titus Bramble, known for making plenty of mistakes.

The Chronicle revealed on Saturday night that United are looking at Argentinian defenders Fabricio Coloccini and Nicolas Burdisso.

Both are central defenders, but Coloccini has operated at right-back for Deportivo La Coruna, while Burdisso has shown with Inter Milan that he is also at home at left-back.

And Keegan admitted at Doncaster on Saturday that his priorities are two full-backs.

Guest neesy111

we're interested, i think that is certain, whether he is signing though, is a different question altogether

5 more pages since I checked this morning, bloody hell is he actually signing?

Officially, his future should be decided in the next few days

According to his agent, we've made an offer

According to Spanish press, it's a matter of hours before he signs

So no, then?

So no, then?

Signing for Spurs