Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Rest assured guys. If this has been dragging on for over three months now, then I'm sure we'll have other options to quickly turn to if this doesn't come through.

The Depor chairman really is a pain in the backside.

Rest assured guys. If this has been dragging on for over three months now, then I'm sure we'll have other options to quickly turn to if this doesn't come through.

*sighs* let's hope so.

that president does come across as a right arse

tru but sounds like they in the brown stuff financially.  why is spanish football in such finacial trouble?  first majorca now these lot, how many others?

have they been overspending on transfers or something?

The article basically has nothing new, but the agent says if it's not sorted by the time the season starts Newcastle will look at other options which he knows we have. The article then speculates about Senderos.

god no, pay them the extra anything but senderos

If the agent knows about our other targets, then maybe it is the other Argentine Burdisso perhaps.

Guest neesy111

tru but sounds like they in the brown stuff financially.  why is spanish football in such finacial trouble?  first majorca now these lot, how many others?

have they been overspending on transfers or something?

spanish clubs organise there own TV deals, this is why despite use charging 4x the price of tickets, real & barca have higher turnover

madrid's last tv deal was £90 million a season, with our new deal £50 million

so the smaller clubs get almost nothing tbh compare to madrid & barca

Guest Mucky01

If the agent knows about our other targets, then maybe it is the other Argentine Burdisso perhaps.

yep, is he any good?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coach hails NUFC target Fabricio Coloccini

Jul 29 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United will be landing a player of the highest quality if they succeed in their efforts to sign Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini.

That is the verdict of Coloccini’s current coach at Deportivo La Coruna, Miguel Angel Lotina, who is desperate to keep the 26-year-old centre-half.

“If Coloccini goes it will be the great disappointment of the summer,” he said.

“The team that takes Coloccini will be getting a quality footballer, a footballer to take your hat off to, and they will be playing a dirty trick on me.

“He is a tremendous footballer for what he gives on the pitch and in the dressing room.”

United were locked in talks with Deportivo today aimed at salvaging their bid for Coloccini.

United have had an offer of more than 11m – plus one million more in add-ons – for the Argentina international rejected by the La Liga club.

The Chronicle revealed on Saturday that Newcastle were closing in on the South American stopper, who arrived at the Riazor Stadium from AC Milan four years ago and is now desperate to sign for Kevin Keegan.

But the move is now deadlocked, with Coloccini’s agent Marcelo Lombilla – who has been in the middle of negotiations for the past three months – hitting out at Deportivo president Augusto César Lendoiro last night before returning to Argentina, frustrated that the proposed deal has fallen flat.

Lombilla said: “We must think this part of the negotiation is over. Lendoiro has to understand there’s nothing else.

“If there were more options, I would be staying (in Spain).

“Just to clarify the things, this possibility with Newcastle appeared three months ago when the offer was for 8m.

“They even presented a better offer, one for 11m, plus one additional million (for add-ons).

“Therefore, we’re talking about an offer for 12m. Evidently, he (Lendoiro) believes there’s more, but there isn’t!”

The fact that Coloccino’s days with the Spanish club appear to be numbered is underlined by the fact that he was left behind when the Deportivo squad yesterday flew to Venezuela for their pre-season tour.

But Lombilla’s agent insists he has not refused to travel with his team-mates and instead was left behind in La Coruna to work on his fitness.

Lombilla also denied there had been a bid from Tottenham, who yesterday banked £20.3m from Liverpool for Robbie Keane.

And he insists Coloccini is desperate to join Newcastle, who are prepared to double his Deportivo wages.

Lombilla added: “The player is wanted in several places but the English league is what seduces him the most in both senses: economic and sporting.

“It was proposed to Fabricio a five-year contract with a salary that’s doubling his current wages. There wasn’t any other offer that was not coming from Newcastle.

“I know Ramos personally. I have a good relationship with him and there was great interest but no offers.

“The only one exceeding 10m, which I knew that could satisfy the president, was the one of Newcastle and it was also interesting for the player.”

Its all about Anal!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why are these deals so convoluted?  Spiderman still has no registration and this deal has developed fast into a three way chinese whisper/tug of war.

Going to play on Friday according to Anal

it would be brilliant if we got him via a webster, and then actually signed burdisso. i can dream...

*it's the plane boss, it's the plane*

Inter rejected a bid from Spuds for him though, would be to much excitement if we got him to.

I love how much he wants to come here, its what we need from our new signings.

Come get this deal tied up!

:lol:

Seems like he'd love to go to Hull City if they offered the most.

Not that im complaining of course....

I love how much he wants to come here, its what we need from our new signings.

Come get this deal tied up!

:lol:

Seems like he'd love to go to Hull City if they offered the most.

Not that im complaining of course....

:lol: I am just waiting for Spuds or Pompey or some other  fkers like those to to try and hijack the move for him. Then I guess we would see how much he does want it to be us..

Surely this Depor guy must have some feeling in him ...

Maybe a video of Steven Taylor's "performance" against Man U should be sent over.

Surely this guy will take pity on us then?

Surely this Depor guy must have some feeling in him ...

Maybe a video of Steven Taylor's "performance" against Man U should be sent over.

Surely this guy will take pity on us then?

All Cacapa's fault though apparently. :lol:

Why are these deals so convoluted?  Spiderman still has no registration and this deal has developed fast into a three way chinese whisper/tug of war.

Going to play on Friday according to Anal

If you read it, it says they are still waiting for the registration. Hope this goes through soon.

We will be aiting for tonight before anythinh happens thats when Depor seem to like doing business

Based on what? Luque? :lol:

2 others that have come to the prem and all cant remember who

Plus all the news on this story has come at night