Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Newcastle - 01/08/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Skirge

Gutherie hitting some raking passes down the right, generally wasted by Milner. Guti looks our best player so far. Moving around the forward line to find space.

Smith, Ameoba,Geremi pure shit.

God Milners balls in have improved  :rolleyes:

Need to cash in on him asap.

I would have played Enrique left back and Zoggy up front with Ameobi

Guthrie looks nice and tidy and Jonas looks just what we need, he's all over the shop

Smith    mackems.gif

Not a bad first half that, Guthrie and Jonas have been excellent I think. Guthrie's passing has been spot on for the most part and looks very alert and sharp with the ball at his feet - has rode over a fair few challenges with ease. Jonas has been everywhere; seems his lungs know no bounds but also looks like he can pick a pass and beat his man as well as giving good cover for Charlie.

On a side note, Smith has done absolutely fuck all. Even Shola's got involved a fair bit, complete waster.

Geremi has been by far the worst player, gives the ball away so cheaply it's amazing? Jonas has been impressive.

I don't even want to comment on our dream strike duo :pow: fucking hell they are simply terrible!!!

Geremi has been by far the worst player, gives the ball away so cheaply it's amazing? Jonas has been impressive.

I don't even want to comment on our dream strike duo :pow: f***ing hell they are simply terrible!!!

At least Geremi has tried unlike the twats up front.

I don't even want to comment on our dream strike duo :pow: fucking hell they are simply terrible!!!

Geremi has been the worst player to attempt to play well. Smith is just there so that we have 11.

Guest MrSundlofer

Really need a new central midfielder in. Both Butt and Guthrie doesn't link up with the defence very well when they have the ball. Guthrie been good though. Good passning.

Impressed with Jonas Gutierrez! Good defending, good dribbling and got speed  :thup:

Ameobi - Smith upfront is a joke? Poor, poor, poor.. Time to start to behave as a striker!

Looking forward to the second half.

Who's on the bench ?

Subs: Jose Enrique, Damien Duff, David Edgar, Frank WIafe Danquah, Ben Tozer, Tim Krul, Mark Doninger, Ryan Donaldson, Jonny Godsmark, Sebastien Bassong

Cheers Dave. :D  O0

Still the same issues in the middle of the park. Something one good midfielder of suffiecent class would go a long way to addressing.

Neither Butt or Guthrie are getting forward at all, Barton alongside either would be an improvement but I tend to agree that a real quality CM would mean a lot to the team.