F*ck Spurs

Guest ObaStar

Spurs are patently going to do another "Leeds".

Or at least I f***ing hope they do...

Modric, Bentley, Arshavin. Bunch of f***ing c***s. I hate them.

:rant:

With a strict wage budget and net spending of £4m this summer I certainly doubt it.

Tottenham probably have another £20m to spend, £50m if they sell Berbatov

They havent spent a net of 4 at all. They spent 18 on Modric, 7 on Dos Santos, 7 or 8 on Gomes, 18 on Bentley plus the money they spent on Hutton and Woodgate 6 months ago. Plus the 24 they are going to spend on Arshavin. They have gotten 20 back from Keane and like another 15 from their reserve squad.

Your figures are appaling.

Modric : £16.5 mill

Gio : £4.9 rising to £7 mill

Gomes : £7 mill

Bentley = £15 mill rising to £17 mill

Bostock = £700 k

Total = about £44 mill

out:

Keane = £19 mill rising to £21 mill

Sunderland trio = £16 mill

Robinson = £ 3.5 mill rising to £4.5 mill

Total = £38.5 mill

Net spend of around £5.5 million so far. You bring up Woodgate and Hutton from 6 months ago, yet you forget that we got £9 mill for Defoe.

Our net spend as always been relativly low tbh.

And that will always be Spurs' problem imo, and why you won't get anywhere near the big 4. Can't ever see Spurs spend £50m net without also having to sell one or two of their star players such as Carrick, Keane & Berbatov.

Spurs are patently going to do another "Leeds".

Or at least I f***ing hope they do...

Modric, Bentley, Arshavin. Bunch of f***ing c***s. I hate them.

:rant:

With a strict wage budget and net spending of £4m this summer I certainly doubt it.

Tottenham probably have another £20m to spend, £50m if they sell Berbatov

They havent spent a net of 4 at all. They spent 18 on Modric, 7 on Dos Santos, 7 or 8 on Gomes, 18 on Bentley plus the money they spent on Hutton and Woodgate 6 months ago. Plus the 24 they are going to spend on Arshavin. They have gotten 20 back from Keane and like another 15 from their reserve squad.

Your figures are appaling.

Modric : £16.5 mill

Gio : £4.9 rising to £7 mill

Gomes : £7 mill

Bentley = £15 mill rising to £17 mill

Bostock = £700 k

Total = about £44 mill

out:

Keane = £19 mill rising to £21 mill

Sunderland trio = £16 mill

Robinson = £ 3.5 mill rising to £4.5 mill

Total = £38.5 mill

Net spend of around £5.5 million so far. You bring up Woodgate and Hutton from 6 months ago, yet you forget that we got £9 mill for Defoe.

Our net spend as always been relativly low tbh.

And that will always be Spurs' problem imo, and why you won't get anywhere near the big 4. Can't ever see Spurs spend £50m net without also having to sell one or two of their star players such as Carrick, Keane & Berbatov.

When you stop and think about it, the huge volume and rapid turnover of playing staff at clubs like Spurs must surely indicate a level of instability and discontent within the club ranks. Hardly what you want as a key ingredient for long-term success, is it?  ???

Bostock was 1.5m no?

Either way, theyve done some great business. Hats off to them if I didn't hate them so much...

No, £700k initial payment, additional payment of £1.45m split up when a)  Bostock makes 40 first team appearances and b) gets his first England cap, making a maximum possible total of £2.15m.  Don't know how the £1.45m would be split up.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article4379195.ece

Guest neesy111

i suspect that the wages they are now offering and all of the other fee's (signing on fee's), will bump it up a bit

Still too much churn in squad ranks - too many "ins" and too many "outs" ultimately destabilises a squad's ability to gel and play good football. Spurs ain't "all that", basically.

Still too much churn in squad ranks - too many "ins" and too many "outs" ultimately destabilises a squad's ability to gel and play good football. Spurs ain't "all that", basically.

agree, if they let this squad settle when it's done then in a season or two they'll maybe be up to something

i'll be slightly surprised if they even take 5th next season unless everton/pompey have shockers

Guest ObaStar

Apparently Spurs have pulled out of the Arshavin deal because Zenit is asking too much. Arshavins coming to toooooon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7537039.stm

Tottenham have decided against pursuing their interest in Russia star Andrei Arshavin, BBC Sport understands.

Zenit St Petersburg were reported to have rejected an bid from Spurs, while the the 27-year-old's agent was hopeful Arshavin would move to White Hart Lane.

But a source close to Spurs insisted the club had not made a bid for Arshavin and that they were now turning their attention to other targets.

Arshavin has been linked with Arsenal, Barcelona and Chelsea since Euro 2008.

Arshavin's Russia team-mate Roman Pavlyuchenko is believed to be one of the players Spurs are interested in.

The £15m-rated Spartak Moscow striker is said to have had talks with the club last week.

606: DEBATE

What do you think of the latest Arshavin development? On Thursday, Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter said he was confident his client would be playing for Juande Ramos' side next season.

"It is my prediction that Arshavin is going to be a Tottenham player this season," Lachter told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"He just rejected a huge, huge offer to renew his contract for another five years. He would like to leave for the Premier League."

In July, Arshavin's hopes of a dream move to Barcelona collapsed after the Catalan side also failed to meet Zenit's valuation for their prize asset.

Arshavin was suspended for Russia's opening two games at Euro 2008, but on his return helped the national team to the semi-finals, scoring two goals en route, while 26-year-old Pavlyuchenko scored three times.

How can that be?, they've already signed Arshavin, as well as Pavlyuchenko.. oh wait, no they haven't its just that everyone just keeps acting as if they have..

I just saw Martin Jol rambling on about how Spurs sign such big players these days and quoting "Modric, Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko" as three examples :lol: :idiot2:

I'd pay £16 million at most, well not me personally, obviously.

Agree. Over that would be getting a bit silly for someone of his age and the fact he's somewhat a fad.

Not impressed by his and his agent's increasingly desperate soundbites either.

Agree. Over that would be getting a bit silly for someone of his age and the fact he's somewhat a fad.

I'd agree. This Arshavin lad's been whored about by his agent like a warty old tart in a dockyard pub - but funnily enough there's no takers: the price is too high, and people are starting to think that maybe one of the fresher, younger, less well "used" models may be preferable instead.

I'd agree. This Arshavin lad's been whored about by his agent like a warty old tart in a dockyard pub - but funnily enough there's no takers: the price is too high, and people are starting to think that maybe one of the fresher, younger, less well "used" models may be preferable instead.

could be a few clubs have a higher valuation of their players than others do (arshavin,turan)....i'l be keeping a close eye on modric to see if he's worth it

I doubt we'll pay more than £20 mill.

I doubt you'll pay more than 20pence.

You ain't signing him, bitches.

End of. :D

And everyone said that about Dos Santos and Bentley as well. What will be will be but Spurs are bringing in top players who want to join.

;D