F*ck Spurs

Guest ObaStar

In a country like England there is always going to be a lot of talent coming through. Rio was criticized a lot when he was younger for losing concentration and making mistakes. He has developed really well to one of the best CBs in the world. Because all of us watch Taylor play week in week out we just see more of the errors that he makes than other people do. If you watched Rio every week when he was 21-22 you would see the same thing. Even Sergio Ramos who is meant to be a great defender looked mediocre under the microscope at the Euro's. People here just criticize Taylor too much.

He shouldn't be mention in the same breath as either of those tbh.

Give him 3 years. I think he can be at that level

give it 10 years, Taylor has more chance of being mentioned in same breath as JFK than Rio Ferdinand and Sergio Ramos

Guest ObaStar

In a country like England there is always going to be a lot of talent coming through. Rio was criticized a lot when he was younger for losing concentration and making mistakes. He has developed really well to one of the best CBs in the world. Because all of us watch Taylor play week in week out we just see more of the errors that he makes than other people do. If you watched Rio every week when he was 21-22 you would see the same thing. Even Sergio Ramos who is meant to be a great defender looked mediocre under the microscope at the Euro's. People here just criticize Taylor too much.

give it 10 years, Taylor has more chance of being mentioned in same breath as JFK than Rio Ferdinand and Sergio Ramos

Ok in 3 years we come back to this discussion and we will see who is right

Why do some fans have such an unhealthy obsession with Spurs?

It always reminds me of those insecure Mackem fans who couldn't give a shit how well Sunderland do as long as Newcastle lose.

you do know that by 22 Ferdinand had already been called up to world cup 98 and euro 00. 2 years later he'd been bought twice to the sum of £48m. Look at Ramos, by 20 he was a regular for his country and his fairly big club. You're being a bit silly here, Taylor has time and time again been shown up by average strikers. If you said that in 3 years time, he'd be comparable to Aaron Hughes, you'd be a bit closer to the mark.

p.s. Ramos looking mediocre at the Euro's??? He was bloody colossal all tournament

you do know that by 22 Ferdinand had already been called up to world cup 98 and euro 00. 2 years later he'd been bought twice to the sum of £48m. Look at Ramos, by 20 he was a regular for his country and his fairly big club. You're being a bit silly here, Taylor has time and time again been shown up by average strikers. If you said that in 3 years time, he'd be comparable to Aaron Hughes, you'd be a bit closer to the mark.

p.s. Ramos looking mediocre at the Euro's??? He was bloody colossal all tournament

Agree wholeheartedly with Tooj and Ronaldo on this one - Taylor aint in the same class. Needs a footballing brain to start with.

Agree wholeheartedly with Tooj and Ronaldo on this one - Taylor aint in the same class. Needs a footballing brain to start with.

taylor has the physical attributes to be a good defenfer, a very good one...if he gets a season or two playing in a stable defence with a leader next to him he'll improve

look at how unsettled the defence, team, club and playing staff in general have been since he broke through

some people need to give the guy a break - seen people on here talking about selling him FFS!!  diabolical

taylor has the physical attributes to be a good defenfer, a very good one...if he gets a season or two playing in a stable defence with a leader next to him he'll improve

look at how unsettled the defence, team, club and playing staff in general have been since he broke through

some people need to give the guy a break - seen people on here talking about selling him FFS!!  diabolical

mate, i've asked this question a million times but i'm bored and cant sleep so i'll ask it again, what physical attributes exactly does Taylor have???  Physical attributes is just something people say when a player is over 6' and cant play football for s***

Hold on - I remember another recent player with the physical attributes, that needed time, stable defence and someone good beside him and had bags of potential...hmm, that one worked out well.

I'm not saying sell him - he has good physical attributes but lacks composure and footballing intelligence that the really top class defenders have such as Ferdinand, Woodgate etc.  I don't think he will ever have that so will never be really top class - competent and good enough for us at the moment but not in the class of Ferdinand or Ramos whom was mentioned.

mate, i've asked this question a million times but i'm bored and cant sleep so i'll ask it again, what physical attributes exactly does Taylor have???  Physical attributes is just something people say when a player is over 6' and cant play football for s***

look i'm not equating him with ramos or anyone right, i'm saying he could be a good defender 'cause i see someone very similar to john terry

he lacks genuine pace but isn't slow by any means, he a big lad but needs to be taught how to use his strength properly and he is reasonable enough on the ball (he's played well enough at right back so he's obviously got enough quality & technique as a CB)

what he lacks is the brain/reading of the game, granted, that's why i said he needs training properly in a well drilled defence

"look i'm not equating him with ramos or anyone right, i'm saying he could be a good defender 'cause i see someone very similar to john terry"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate but that's one of the funniest things ive ever read on this forum. I see your point and I hope your right, just cant see it  O0

I wish north London just did not exist.....

Bomb it then.

Tbh I don't blame spurs one bit!

They have put there money where there mouth is and look at having a crack at the top four

I do blame however our club for fucking around and being in a worse position squad wise than last season!

Still a few weeks to go but all we'll be doing is scraping the barrel for bargain basement rubbish nobody wants.

Bomb it then.

They have put there money where there mouth is and look at having a crack at the top four

I do blame however our club for f***ing around and being in a worse position squad wise than last season!

Still a few weeks to go but all we'll be doing is scraping the barrel for bargain basement rubbish nobody wants.

so your point is that he shouldn't bomb it?

"look i'm not equating him with ramos or anyone right, i'm saying he could be a good defender 'cause i see someone very similar to john terry"

Sorry mate but that's one of the funniest things ive ever read on this forum. I see your point and I hope your right, just cant see it  O0

not in terms of ability man, in terms of physicality which is what you asked me about...

terry HAS got the reading of the game and the same sort of physical attributes to taylor, perhaps i wasn't clear there but i'm blaming you 'cause you said you can't sleep :lol:

Bomb it then.

I do blame however our club for f***ing around and being in a worse position squad wise than last season!

so your point is that he shouldn't bomb it?

Bomb it anyway as I don't like them but you can't blame them for really pushing ahead in the transfer market.

not in terms of ability man, in terms of physicality which is what you asked me about...

terry HAS got the reading of the game and the same sort of physical attributes to taylor, perhaps i wasn't clear there but i'm blaming you 'cause you said you can't sleep :lol:

:pow:

One thing I will say, Taylor will get slower and slower season by season and unless he learns to read the game fast he's basically going to become more of a liability. My major beef with Taylor is that since 2005 I cant see an improvement and I dont see a dominant defender or an intelligent defender.

tbh if we had more than 4 defenders in the entire sodding sqaud i'd suggest we loan him out. If he doesn't sort himself out this season I can see another Ameobi situtation. Bramble (first time i've mention him in months) was quicker, stronger and better on the ball than Taylor, look where he is

Spur's team looks to have a load of class, but I can't help but think it's a brittle side. The majority of the midfield looks somewhat lightweight and their 2 main centre halfs are well known for being crocks. They've sold Keane, their captain & top(?) goalscorer for the last season or two & Berbs might be on the way.

I reckon they've have patches of brilliance & really bad runs, leading to a season on inconsistency, probably aiming for Europe. Wouldn't be surprised to do well in UEFA though, Juande seems like he has a knack for cup runs.