Best Player from the current squad

EthiGeordie

I just want to know what people think think who is our best player since our famous No 9 Shearer left. For me the current no 9 Martins is our best player the only player who can walk in and play for the big top four. I think he is not fulfilled his potential with us yet. I excpect a lot from him this season and if he do well we have an odd chance of finishing in top 6.

I just want to know what people think think who is our best player since our famous No 9 Shearer left. For me the current no 9 Martins is our best player the only player who can walk in and play for the big top four. I think he is not fulfilled his potential with us yet. I excpect a lot from him this season and if he do well we have an odd chance of finishing in top 6.

Beye, shouldnt this be a poll

If we see game by raito and who contribute what to our team in the past two years there is no way Owen be better than Martins. Interms of profile yes he is our best player but interms of where we can go with them I see lots of posibilty with Martins. Thus he is our best player.

If we see game by raito and who contribute what to our team in the past two years there is no way Owen be better than Martins. Interms of profile yes he is our best player but interms of where we can go with them I see lots of posibilty with Martins. Thus he is our best player.

You're talking about potential, which is the future, which means Martin's could be the best player in time but currently isn't.

Owen is a better footballer than Martins.

He's not nearly as quick or as athletic but he's got a footballing brain and can pass the ball and link things up. Martins can't.

Guest shearer_united

I'm with you - I think Martins is our best player. I will really be upset with the club if they somehow sell him in the transfer window. He's got a lot of potential and a lot of power in his legs; just what we need. All we need to be doing is building a squad around him.

Define best player.

Most valuable to the team?

If it is our most valuable player then I would say Martins. The team just isn't the same without him in it.

When Owen was out at the start of last season we still looked dangerous with Martins in the team, however when he was out due to the ACN and Owen was fit , we looked very poor from an attacking standpoint.

Guest Sniffer

Effectively? Owen

Technically and theoretically? Viduka

I haven't got the faintest idea what that means.

Define best player.

Most valuable to the team?

If it is our most valuable player then I would say Martins. The team just isn't the same without him in it.

When Owen was out at the start of last season we still looked dangerous with Martins in the team, however when he was out due to the ACN and Owen was fit , we looked very poor from an attacking standpoint.

Rubbish.