The Best Performance You've Seen From Us?

Tooj

The usual ones stand out - Barca game, Man U 5-0, whipping Spurs, but one that probably wasn't the best but I still remember well is beating West Ham 3-0 in 1996 when we were top of the league - Ginola was on fire that night and we should have beaten them by about 10 - still remember singing 'we are top of the league'!!!

The Barca game really wasn't that great of a performance, we were really hanging on by the end and Barca were going through a pretty average phase by their standards at the time.

I honestly can't remember that West Ham game that you all keep referring too, I'm pretty sure I went to every home game that season but can't recall that one at all.

It was the one where we had something like 40 shots at goal and 25 on target.

Guest firetotheworks

The first 4-3 against liverpool. Even though we lost its definitely the best Ive seen us play.

Tottenham 1 - 4 Newcastle last season - fucking unreal man.

Newcastle 4 - 0 Tottenham - Laurent Robert two belters.

West Ham 2 - 4 Newcastle - Owen's first hat-trick.

3 best games so far of my life, very very hard to beat as they all had special memories and moments to remember.

Tottenham 1 - 4 Newcastle last season - fucking unreal man.

3 best games so far of my life, very very hard to beat as they all had special memories and moments to remember.

Quite a surprising choice on the third one, given the volume of games you've seen. :)  Why that one?

Tottenham 1 - 4 Newcastle last season - f***ing unreal man.

Quite a surprising choice on the third one, given the volume of games you've seen. :)  Why that one?

Near christmas(makes it extra special), owens first hat-trick for us, unbelieveable? second half performance and it was just a top quality away game, wasnt just us playing well, even West Ham did which makes it more entertaining.

Near christmas(makes it extra special), owens first hat-trick for us, unbelieveable? second half performance and it was just a top quality away game, wasnt just us playing well, even West Ham did which makes it more entertaining.

fantastic day that was, had drank for 15 hours the day before and had to travel all the way to Upton Park, game was delayed by 15 minutes for some reason and it looked like one of those days. Ameobi on the wing and Faye in midfield! But christ 4 goals away from home, and an Owen hatrick

fantastic day that was, had drank for 15 hours the day before and had to travel all the way to Upton Park, game was delayed by 15 minutes for some reason and it looked like one of those days. Ameobi on the wing and Faye in midfield! But christ 4 goals away from home, and an Owen hatrick

And a Faye assist.

Great day, I nearly got arrested for smacking a copper in the face and knocking his hat off celebrating Owen's 3rd.

And a Faye assist.

aye, and Shola winning a penalty......for West Ham

Great day, I nearly got arrested for smacking a copper in the face and knocking his hat off celebrating Owen's 3rd.

aye a was on my seat jumping around like a tosser because West Ham had dominated the last quarter of the game and looked certain to make it 3-3.

Shoe's off repeatedly during the 2nd half and the 'Hammerettes'  :smitten:

great day, not quite top ten but up there

Guest Heneage

The 6-2 against Everton was good.

But for sheer just pwnage rape delight to watch.

I wanted to say that one just cos it sticks out; sensational counter-attacking football. We absolutely destroyed them... but i never actually saw it, just the highlights. It just sticks out for that period though.

I really can't think of any one that stands out in-particular for me, as i didn't see too many from the Bobby era. There was some decent performances prior to that, that i can just about remember: 4-1 against Everton in the cup where Kets got a brace, 2-0 vs Spurs at Old Trafford - again in the cup. 1-0 vs Juventus and 2-2 vs Inter in the Champions League were pretty damn good performances under Bobby (notice how i'm only saying terrestrial TV games). More recently, 4-1 against Alkmaar, 3-0 against Reading.

I haven't seen too many outstanding performances from start to finish unfortunately.

I enjoyed it more as it was first game me my dad and brother went to together.

3-1 Bristol Cityin cup was my first.

Guest Phil K

Beating Swindon 7-0 in 93/94

Sheff Wed 8-1 was it ?

Stuffing Spuds regularly, and the odd high scorer against west Ham

Great games though - when Sheff Wed were on the up, and we'd just come up - the 4-3 at home with an injury hit side.