It's Sunday, it's half twelve, it's number one... it's ASHLEY TO SELL UP!

Wullie

I like how the media focus on Ashley's "lack of communication".

I might have missed it because I don't focus on other clubs but when have Shinawatra, Lerner, Glazer, Abramovich, that bloke who owns West Ham, ever said anything?

Those guys at Liverpool are pretty vocal.

A grin on his face and a replica shirt on his back, Mike Ashley did not look like a man preparing to sell Newcastle United as he posed for photographs with supporters and detailed his enthusiasm about the coming season, yet to borrow an old phrase, not everything in black and white makes sense. For all the sun, sea and sweat on the club’s summer trip to Majorca, speculation is now a constant, tiresome companion.

Ashley spoke briefly in Spain. “I’m loving it,” he said. “I’m excited by the new season, of course I am. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited by Kevin, seeing the team play, all of it. I think we’re going to have a bit of fun.”

Asked to elucidate, he refused. Did he not have a message he wished to present to fans? “No,” he replied, laughing.

Those claims were dismissed by a Newcastle official, just as Ashley denied last month that he was negotiating with the Saudi Binladin Group or InterMedia Partners. “There is absolutely no truth in the rumours of an outright sale,” he said then, although he did concede that “if we had some multibillionaire that wanted a stake in the club, it will help”.

End of story then.

End of thread then :)

“Ambani means business and if Newcastle drag their heels he will be off to invest somewhere else and show Ashley just what he is missing out on.”

:lol:

What, and buy Leeds? A League One club who will cost him the equivalent of a bag of Wine Gums? Bet Ashley's gutted about missing out on that windfall.

you stick with Mikey, but if this guy buys someone else, its our loss. Unbelievable naivety.

“Ambani means business and if Newcastle drag their heels he will be off to invest somewhere else and show Ashley just what he is missing out on.”

What, and buy Leeds? A League One club who will cost him the equivalent of a bag of Wine Gums? Bet Ashley's gutted about missing out on that windfall.

you stick with Mikey, but if this guy buys someone else, its our loss. Unbelievable naivety.

You don't even see the irony do you?

I don't think you even begin to see how dumb you are.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

:laugh:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/04/newcastleunited.premierleague

Make of this what you will. Note the journo.

Louise Taylor

Another day, another takeover story at Newcastle United, but there is substance behind a detailed report that Anil Ambani, the head of one of India's largest companies, wants to buy the club. Although a Newcastle spokesman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" suggestions that the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was in talks with Ambani about a £260m takeover, other sources provide evidence to the contrary. Moreover Profitable Group, a Singapore-based global investment company whose directors include Steve McMahon, the former Liverpool player, are also interested in purchasing Newcastle.

Ashley recently admitted, "This is a very expensive seat I sit in," and said he would welcome a co-owner, but both Profitable Group and Ambani's Reliance Communications are demanding complete control. Newcastle's spokesman yesterday insisted such an outcome would not appeal and that, although Ashley was keen for the club to attract new investment, preferably from the north-east, he wanted to remain heavily involved.

Conversely, financial analysts maintain that the stumbling block to any takeover is Ashley's reluctance to sell for less than £300m. Ambani is understood to have stated that any attempt to haggle for more money would result in him trying to buy a different English club. This is a warning that Reliance are unwilling to become embroiled in a bidding war.

Ambani, 49, who boasts a personal fortune of £21bn, is believed to be prepared to invest about £100m in new players and hopes that the process of due diligence can begin this week. Sources insist that Newcastle have, through intermediaries, been offered to potential buyers in the United Arab Emirates and the United States.

Ashley has seemed reluctant to back Newcastle's manager, Kevin Keegan, by investing heavily in what is a shallow squad during this close season, although Fabricio Coloccini, Deportivo La Coruña's Argentina defender, did last night appear on the verge of a move to Tyneside. The 26-year-old will cost about £10m and is expected to sign a five-year contract.

There were reports yesterday that Newcastle will pre-empt Football Association sanctions against Joey Barton by imposing their own three-month suspension on the midfielder for a training-ground assault on his then Manchester City colleague Ousmane Dabo in May 2007. Such suggestions surprised a club spokesman and would contradict Newcastle's stance last week.

Although the FA has hinted that the 25-year-old may receive a 15-game ban, skilled lawyers could conceivably use the precedent of John Hartson - who was suspended for three games after kicking Eyal Berkovic - to secure Barton a shorter suspension when the case is heard by an independent commission. Keegan is known to be keen to have Barton available for selection as quickly, and as often, as possible.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

'Although a Newcastle spokesman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" suggestions that the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was in talks with Ambani about a £260m takeover, other sources provide evidence to the contrary.'

'Ashley has seemed reluctant to back Newcastle's manager, Kevin Keegan, by investing heavily in what is a shallow squad during this close season, although Fabricio Coloccini, Deportivo La Coruña's Argentina defender, did last night appear on the verge of a move to Tyneside. The 26-year-old will cost about £10m and is expected to sign a five-year contract.'

They get paid for this.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

oh dear,  mackems.gif

'Although a Newcastle spokesman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" suggestions that the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was in talks with Ambani about a £260m takeover, other sources provide evidence to the contrary.'

Always amazes me that people can actually make decent money for writing sentences of the above standard.

Its a shame you don't probe comments by people you agree with like this, especially those who childishly edit other peoples posts when they reply.

I'm talking about the site in general, you know as well as I do that people are always pointing out there is a lack of quotes when it suits them.........well, on this occasion, there is a direct quote.

Its not up to me, you or anyone else, to cast doubt on someone else's quotes. He was asked his opinion, and he gave it . He clearly stated that he was speaking for himself too. The only real problem here, is because you and others don't like it or agree with him, isn't it ?

You didn't really type that did you?

Could you explain this http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54601.msg1417201#msg1417201

And this http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54601.msg1417163#msg1417163

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reliance Communications, India's No. 2 mobile operator, on Monday denied reports that it was in talks with English Premier League football club Newcastle United.

Media reports in the U.K. said the club's owner Mike Ashley was in talks with Reliance Communications Chairman Anil Ambani about a 260 million-pound takeover by the Indian billionaire.

"The news report is completely false and baseless. There are no such plans," Reliance Communications said in a statement.

Ashley, also a billionaire, controls about 70 percent of Britain's biggest sporting goods retailer Sports Direct.

(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Ed Osmond)

I could well see him selling tbh.

Yes he maybe has been using the "INVESTOR" bollocks as a smokescreen to sell the club

The guy is cheap and tacky just like his stores   :laugh2:

you're not allowed to say that. He's the knight in shining armour and no way will he bugger off with the money like the last lot, including all the increased sky money that hasn't been invested in transfers etc.

He's even got the gall to wack the amount owed for the stadium expansion that he paid off, that we all thought was a Xmas present, onto the asking price.

What asking price? :lol:

Is this official, has it been in the classified ads in the Chronicle? What a clown you are, man.

I'm a clown am I  mackems.gif

Believe whatever suits you Wullie lad, believe whatever suits you ...........

You think Ashley will turn down an offer to get his money back and make a decent profit on what he's shelled out ? He's been setting up the club for a potential sale IMO. Get a life.

He's bought the club so he can spend over a year setting it up to get his money back, or maybe a small profit?.. your a fucking idiot!  :idiot2:

Well, I think you're a fucking idiot too mate if you think that the prospect of making a quick killing or 10 or 20 million quid for a years work would be out of the question. Especially if he bought the club without paying due diligence  :coolsmiley: and also has not liked the world of football as much as he thought he might.

But again, if you are the same guy who harped on about bloody Luque for ages .........I already knew.

mackems.gif

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reliance Communications, India's No. 2 mobile operator, on Monday denied reports that it was in talks with English Premier League football club Newcastle United.

Media reports in the U.K. said the club's owner Mike Ashley was in talks with Reliance Communications Chairman Anil Ambani about a 260 million-pound takeover by the Indian billionaire.

"The news report is completely false and baseless. There are no such plans," Reliance Communications said in a statement.

Ashley, also a billionaire, controls about 70 percent of Britain's biggest sporting goods retailer Sports Direct.

(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Ed Osmond)

Nice one. So now that's both sides who've said it's total bollocks, what a surprise. Plenty continue to believe this shit-stirring rubbish though, oh dear.