Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

We've not won there before have we ? So might as well go for the true and hope to hit them on the break. Play the usual KK way and we lose big.

Sat Feb 12th 1972  0-2 (Tudor, Barrowclough)

Wasn't that the week after Hereford or something? When Tony Green ran the show?

Guest Mucky01

We've not won there before have we ? So might as well go for the true and hope to hit them on the break. Play the usual KK way and we lose big.

Sat Feb 12th 1972  0-2 (Tudor, Barrowclough)

Wasn't that the week after Hereford or something? When Tony Green ran the show?

Man Utd were absolute kak in 1972, I think when we defeated them it was their 7th defeat on the trot.

Given

Beye        Taylor      Coloccini      Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Jonas                                            N'Zogbia

Duff

Martins

Only change to that side that i see is that Enrique may make way for Milner and we see a rotation of positions. Alot better team than the one i posted yesterday though.

Article is a bit out of date but still:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/3596493.Martins_insists_he___s_fit/

OBAFEMI Martins gave Kevin Keegan a huge boost ahead Sunday’s Premier League opener at Old Trafford when he yesterday flew back onto Tyneside, declaring himself available for selection.

After managing just an hour of action against Valencia last Saturday before trudging off with a knee injury, Martins flew out to his native Nigeria for treatment.

And with Michael Owen only taking part in some light jogging during Wednesday’s open training day at St James’ Park, it was thought Kevin Keegan may have to employ Alan Smith as a lone striker at Old Trafford.

But Martins, who lost his mother last month, is desperate to play his part in what is, traditionally, the toughest fixture of the season.

Martins has endured a wretched summer and was granted compassionate leave last month after his mother collapsed and died as she attempted to escape from her home following a nearby petrol tanker fire.

His knee injury seemed to have ruled him out of Sunday’s game, but the Nigeria international claims he is fit and ready for first team action.

Keegan may yet go ahead with a behind-closed-doors friendly to give Owen and Martins a chance to prove their fitness.

Interestingly the article also says that in order to play on Sunday, the two Argies had to be registered by noon today. So if there are any late surprises they'd better crop up soon. :laugh:

OBAFEMI Martins gave Kevin Keegan a huge boost ahead Sunday’s Premier League opener at Old Trafford when he yesterday flew back onto Tyneside, declaring himself available for selection.

After managing just an hour of action against Valencia last Saturday before trudging off with a knee injury, Martins flew out to his native Nigeria for treatment.

And with Michael Owen only taking part in some light jogging during Wednesday’s open training day at St James’ Park, it was thought Kevin Keegan may have to employ Alan Smith as a lone striker at Old Trafford.

But Martins, who lost his mother last month, is desperate to play his part in what is, traditionally, the toughest fixture of the season.

Martins has endured a wretched summer and was granted compassionate leave last month after his mother collapsed and died as she attempted to escape from her home following a nearby petrol tanker fire.

His knee injury seemed to have ruled him out of Sunday’s game, but the Nigeria international claims he is fit and ready for first team action.

Keegan may yet go ahead with a behind-closed-doors friendly to give Owen and Martins a chance to prove their fitness.

Interestingly the article also says that in order to play on Sunday, the two Argies had to be registered by noon today. So if there are any late surprises they'd better crop up soon. :laugh:

It makes you wonder why the hell he'd go to Nigeria for treatment on a knee injury. Is Nigeria more medically advanced than the UK? A Witch Doctor sorted Martins knee out has he?

Guest shearer_206

Given

Beye        Taylor       Coloccini       Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

Only change to that side that i see is that Enrique may make way for Milner and we see a rotation of positions. Alot better team than the one i posted yesterday though.

Unfortunately I cannot see Coloccini playing as he hasn't had any pre-season at all. I hope I'm wrong but I would guess with Faye soon to be on his way out and Bassong still adapting that Cacapa (after his Old Trafford horror show last season!) will probably start.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong!

Guest neesy111

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

Unfortunately I cannot see Coloccini playing as he hasn't had any pre-season at all. I hope I'm wrong but I would guess with Faye soon to be on his way out and Bassong still adapting that Cacapa (after his Old Trafford horror show last season!) will probably start.

apparently he's been just as fit as everyone else in training, so I'm expecting him to start

Given

Beye        Taylor       Coloccini       Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

Apart from Duff/Owen, Taylor/Faye, that's just about our best team if we're talking 4-4-2. Which is depressing when you look at the centre-mid.

Rest of the side looks pretty good though, especially defense and the wings.

OBAFEMI Martins gave Kevin Keegan a huge boost ahead Sundays Premier League opener at Old Trafford when he yesterday flew back onto Tyneside, declaring himself available for selection.

And with Michael Owen only taking part in some light jogging during Wednesdays open training day at St James Park, it was thought Kevin Keegan may have to employ Alan Smith as a lone striker at Old Trafford.

His knee injury seemed to have ruled him out of Sundays game, but the Nigeria international claims he is fit and ready for first team action.

Owen and Martins to get crocked in this closed doors friendly? Who we going to play now that Gretna have gone bust?

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

Apart from Duff/Owen, Taylor/Faye, that's just about our best team if we're talking 4-4-2. Which is depressing when you look at the centre-mid.

Funny that everyone in the world saw that our central midfield was awful, yet we've only brought Guthrie in to try and change things. Waiting patiently for the "big" signing though.

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

Funny that everyone in the world saw that our central midfield was awful, yet we've only brought Guthrie in to try and change things. Waiting patiently for the "big" signing though.

What do you care you don't even support us!

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

What?

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

What?

;D

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

What?

;D

Was that an attempt at a bite then, or am I missing the point?

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

What?

;D

Was that an attempt at a bite then, or am I missing the point?

Missing something that was said in another thread! I think other clubs transfer thread

Chill out no personal attack here

Given

Butt

Guthrie

Duff

Martins

No problem, he can mark Rooney who's apparently been on his death bed for most of pre season yet will still start on Sunday..  :dave:

Also I assume that since that article says Coloccini and Jonas had to be registered by noon today to play on Sunday that means Berbatov has no chance of playing against us even if Manure sign him today?