Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Given/Harps (not really arsed), Beye, Colo, Taylor, Enrique, Jonas, Charlie, Guthrie, Butt, Milner, Martins.

Let's have them.

What about Duff?   :razz:

I'm pretty sure KK will pick Duff ahead of Zog. I'm also pretty sure that after sparkling in pre-season friendlies, he'll disappear up his own arse against Man U.

never a truer word said, the day duff stands up and performs against anyone better than pub team is the day the earth stands still

With Martins back I'd go with

Given

Beye    Taylor    Coloccini    Enrique

Jonas      Guthrie    Butt      N'Zogbia

Milner

Martins

...but I reckon we'll go with Zog at left back, Jonas on the left, Milner on the right and Duff just behind Martins.

As much as i've slated him in the past, i see no reason to leave Duff out of this game, unless that's another injury that i've missed. Martins, Jonas and Colo all being available is a big boost. 4-3-3 is our best formation in an attacking sense but personally i'd go 4-4-1-1 this time, cos we've got no fucker at all to hold the ball up at the top end of the park atm.

Given

Beye  Coloccini    Taylor  Enrique

Jonas  Guthrie    Butt  N'Zogbia

Duff

Martins

Pretty much the same as Valencia, other than Enrique in for Milner. I think Milner will probably get given the go-ahead over N'Zogbia like, but i'd rather see Charlie play.

I'd start Milner over Duff and keep the rest of Yorkie's team.

I reckon it'll be Jonas on the left, Milner on the right and Duff just off Oba though.

hope so,or milner playing off martins with duff wide, either would do me.

the alternative is ameobi or smith starting  :weep:

We need Milner's work ethic against Man Utd.

Aye you could be right about that tbf. I'm not too fussed which other winger is paired with Jonas. I'd be happy with Milner, just so long as Zog isn't started at full-back, otherwise we'll just die.

I really wish we wouldn't have to play Butt, tbh.

Given

Beye Taylor Colo Enrique

Milner Butt Guthrie Jonas

Duff

Martins

Though I think I'd prefer to have Zoggy over Milner with Jonas on the right,  but I think we'll see something like this.

I'd start Milner over Duff and keep the rest of Yorkie's team.

I reckon it'll be Jonas on the left, Milner on the right and Duff just off Oba though.

Aye i think that's exactly what it'll be. :thup:

Given

Beye  Coloccini    Taylor  Enrique

Milner  Guthrie    Butt  Jonas

Duff

Martins

is Geremi injured or something? nobody seems keen on him starting ahead of Butt, with the exception of yours truly

Nope he's perfectly fit which doesn't change anything.

I'd have Geremi in ahead of Butt. Just like i'd have Harper in ahead of Given. There's no way Keegan will do so though, so there isn't much point speculating really.

is Geremi injured or something? nobody seems keen on him starting ahead of Butt, with the exception of yours truly

it changes the fact that Nicky Butt should be anywhere near the team

I'd have Geremi in ahead of Butt. Just like i'd have Harper in ahead of Given. There's no way Keegan will do so though, so there isn't much point speculating really.

So why wasn't he in your team and Charlie was?

it changes the fact that Nicky Butt should be anywhere near the team

Nor should Geremi.