Newcastle United 2-1 Valencia - 09/08/08 - Post Match Reaction from Page 22

Dave

this booing thing.. what's so significant about that?

.. after an awful last season, Smith started this one with equally inadequate performances and I can understand the people who wanted to make their feelings known at the game.

And some of you seem concerned with the moral side of it.. 'we don't boo our own players', 'fickle fans'.. which I agree with in general, but in Smith's case all this is completely irrelevant, because nobody wants him here..

Thank god you're in the minority.

Disgraceful that some called "supporters" booed one of our own players. Fuck off band wagon merchants!

The booing was out of order like.  :undecided:

Understandable given some of his 'performances' but booing him before he's kicked a ball? Bad craic. I think he's been very poor for us and I'd accept any reasonable bid for him but even so...

The booing was out of order like.  :undecided:

Understandable given some of his 'performances' but booing him before he's kicked a ball? Bad craic. I think he's been very poor for us and I'd accept any reasonable bid for him but even so...

That's exactly how I feel, I can't wait for him to go but can't stand the booing.

cool.. I suppose it's a cultural thing.. over here the general public isn't that sophisticated.. if Alan Smith had played like that for a Bulgarian team, he would've been beaten up in the street a long time ago.

are we allowed to at least swear at him then?

cool.. I suppose it's a cultural thing.. over here the general public isn't that sophisticated.. if Alan Smith had played like that for a Bulgarian team, he would've been beaten up in the street a long time ago.

are we allowed to at least swear at him then?

;D

So what was the formation?

4-4-2.

Martins and Duff up front, Milner on the right and Guttierez on the left. Butt and Guthrie in the middle.

--------------Martins--Duff

Guttierez---Butt---Guthrie---Milner

N'Zogbia--Taylor--Cacapa---Beye

-----------------Given

I would´t agree with that formation.

So what was the formation?

Like a 4-4-1-1

Martins

Duff

Guiterrez Guthrie Butt Milner

N'Zog Taylor Cacapa Beye

Given

.. after an awful last season, Smith started this one with equally inadequate performances and I can understand the people who wanted to make their feelings known at the game.

And some of you seem concerned with the moral side of it.. 'we don't boo our own players', 'fickle fans'.. which I agree with in general, but in Smith's case all this is completely irrelevant, because nobody wants him here..

well i am with junkhead this time... he does still get paid for being shite... he doesn't have improvement either from last season? did he really tried 100% in training? fans do have right to boo... it's like your boss telling how bad is your work is... but doing anything more than boo is over-reacting

well i am with junkhead this time... he does still get paid for being s****... he doesn't have improvement either from last season? did he really tried 100% in training? fans do have right to boo... it's like your boss telling how bad is your work is... but doing anything more than boo is over-reacting

i can understand booing at the end but booing a sub when he comes on is going to benefit who ?

well i am with junkhead this time... he does still get paid for being s****... he doesn't have improvement either from last season? did he really tried 100% in training? fans do have right to boo... it's like your boss telling how bad is your work is... but doing anything more than boo is over-reacting

i can understand booing at the end but booing a sub when he comes on is going to benefit who ?

well if booed at the end it mean booing the team play isn't it?

yes and they'll hold their hands up and admit they played poorly.

i'll ask again who benefits when you boo your own playing when he comes on ?

it not benefit the team play that's true.... but he should & must manage the critics by himself... if his head down because of the boo... he really doesn't worth our support

it would benefit the team, if Smith accepts that he isn't worth even half the money Everton offered him and fucks off

it would benefit the team, if Smith accepts that he isn't worth even half the money Everton offered him and fucks off

or he does what others have done in the past and thought "f*** them, i'll hang about for my cash"

either way it doesn't benefit his teammates or NUFC.

all it does is allows mongs to vent off.

The amount of times he blew up when he could have just let things go was unreal.

What pissed me off about him was the amount of time he spent talking to players about nothing challenges, I can't remember seeing one tackle which wasn't a reasonable attempt to get the ball.

Although I'm pleased with the performances, the scoreline remains 1-0 Valencia in my mind, as Valencia lost their rhythm with the substitutions.

Shut the fuck up man, idiot.

The amount of times he blew up when he could have just let things go was unreal.

What pissed me off about him was the amount of time he spent talking to players about nothing challenges, I can't remember seeing one tackle which wasn't a reasonable attempt to get the ball.

The bloke just loves to be the centre of attention and will go out of his way to create a situation which means everyone is looking at him - just like you described. A nothing tackle goes in and he stops play and calls the player over when most refs would have a quiet word as play continued.