Mike Ashley Exclusive Interview

James

"Still £27m to pay on players signed before he arrived"

Thanks Mr Shepherd.

Staggered payments for players is often how clubs sign people. What's the problem with having money outstanding on players we bought?

It's a question of how much money, though. The larger the sum, the less to spend on players in the present and future. This is quite a considerable amount -- twice Roeder's net spend.

I guess SJH could see that Shepherd was running out of financial breathing space.

well when we made a 20 million loss after signing luque and owen, you would of thought it was because of the transfer fees, clearly not though

we would of went bankrupt without ashley no question in my mind now

How do you work that out?

A lot of must pay now money was linked to Ashley giving Shep the heave ho.

Thanks Mr Shepherd.

Staggered payments for players is often how clubs sign people. What's the problem with having money outstanding on players we bought?

It's a question of how much money, though. The larger the sum, the less to spend on players in the present and future. This is quite a considerable amount -- twice Roeder's net spend.

I guess SJH could see that Shepherd was running out of financial breathing space.

well when we made a 20 million loss after signing luque and owen, you would of thought it was because of the transfer fees, clearly not though

The full interview says that there wasn't much incoming cash flow as all the sponsorship deals had been paid in full up front. So basically the club owed and still owe at least another £27m to other clubs on transfer fees, on top of all the debt that had been accumulated at the bank.

I don't normally comment on hearsay(not the shitty popgroup before someone says owt) but I'm led to believe this interview is around 5 pages long, it details every single point that has raised its ugly head via the media and then gives an honest, positive answer on everything.  

Basically clears the air.

No doubt I will get round to reading it at some point, but I will say this.  I, for one, am very glad this was published in an official magazine (albeit wary of propaganda) rather than some two bit shitty newspaper.  After all the bollocks we put up with week in and week out, its a breath of fresh air for everything to be done via official channels.

Oh, and the added two fingers by Ashley towards the press with Collo and how he announced it mealy rubs salt in an already wounded beast...aka the dailyshite.

My only worry is that they will turn the interview on its head, dissect it and spin it into something entirely different....although so far, the Daily Mail article looks a bit...how can I put it...tame and non-biased.  

For those who want to stare in utter disbelief - http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1043209/Ashley-promises-splash-cash-Coloccini-signs-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

Guest neesy111

Thanks Mr Shepherd.

you can't run a business losing money for 3 straight years with expenditure becoming higher and income lower, the banks would have probably called time if we made losses for another year

Thanks Mr Shepherd.

The full interview says that there wasn't much incoming cash flow as all the sponsorship deals had been paid in full up front. So basically the club owed and still owe at least another £27m to other clubs on transfer fees, on top of all the debt that had been accumulated at the bank.

We were hardly going to the wall though. The last interim report (2006) states that commercial revenue went up to £15.9 million a rise of 5%, so we hardly had coppers coming in. Media revenue was at £11.8 million, slightly down on the previous year but set to increase the following year due to extra wedge from various media outlets.

Thanks Mr Shepherd.

you can't run a business losing money for 3 straight years with expenditure becoming higher and income lower, the banks would have probably called time if we made losses for another year

Most football clubs are run that way. And income was going to increase. I do think it is good that we have less debt but we were nowhere near to being in y Luton Town or Leeds situation.

The books don't sound like they were in a good position, but I certainly don't think we'd have gone under.

We were due a takeover, but we'd have managed without it.

Not sure we would have managed tbh Dave, we could have probably got by for so long but it would be a case of us having to tighten our belts when it came to the transfer market, how long could we expect to stay in the Premiership considering the squad we had when the takeover happened?

Alarm bells surely that a key shareholder wanted out quick.

SJH lost interest once Cameron Hall Developments were not going to build a new football stadium in Leazes Park & Chas Chandler built a Arena in Newcastle quicker than him.

Just read the full thing.

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some excerpt the press have twisted into shite - the words as printed originally.

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some s**** the press have twisted - the words as printed originally.

but he's unlikely to say "this is costing more than i thought and i'm out at the first decent offer" though is he ?

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some s**** the press have twisted - the words as printed originally.

but he's unlikely to say "this is costing more than i thought and i'm out at the first decent offer" though is he ?

No, and that's what NE5 will be thinking.

I suppose it all comes down to whether you believe him or not. I do, and I'm not going to apologise for that.

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some excerpt the press have twisted into s**** - the words as printed originally.

I'll be surprised if the press mention what he had to say about them.

I suppose it all comes down to whether you believe him or not. I do, and I'm not going to apologise for that.

i'm more inclined to believe what he does than says and i'm quite happy with what he's done.........but more is required to make me very happy.

I haven't even read it yet and i believe whatever he says. :)

Doesn't make me a mug, it's based on the fact he doesn't speak to press, he doesn't speak much at all. He doesn't do random comments, he's not appearing on Sky every few weeks like a fat twat making bragging comments. Press print shit, he just ignores it.

So when he does speak, in a vehicle aimed primarily at the fans of the club, I'm going to listen.

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some excerpt the press have twisted into shite - the words as printed originally.

Is there anyway I can get a copy Dave, I live in Nottingham BTW?

Would really like to read the whole thing

Where can i get it from? Just order it from the official site? Not exactly readily available in newsagents in Northern Ireland!  O0

i'm more inclined to believe what he does than says and i'm quite happy with what he's done.........but more is required to make me very happy.

Fair enough. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

I'm encouraged by the comments about KK being very specific on the players he wants though, so if we don't go out and spend £30m before the end of August I'll still be satisfied the money is there if he wants it. Some will assume it's not. Again, I'm not going to lie; I'm trusting him here. Maybe that will end up making me look silly, but I don't care.

Fair enough. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

I'm encouraged by the comments about KK being very specific on the players he wants though, so if we don't go out and spend £30m before the end of August I'll still be satisfied the money is there if he wants it. Some will assume it's not. Again, I'm not going to lie; I'm trusting him here. Maybe that will end up making me look silly, but I don't care.

The money was available to Allardyce but he didn't spend it all, we know Keegan has had something like £27 million worth of offers turned down for players in different positions.  I think it's safe to assume he has more if he wants it.

Just read it.

Thanks to an unamed source btw.

Top quality interview.  Tells it like there is and as per my earlier post, covers every single angle and gives reason for it.

I met him @ Villa away and he was a top bloke then.  As far as a club owner, this interview tells it EXACTLY like it is and EXACTLY how I believed it to be.

As for actions speak louder than words,  I know where you are coming from, but we have 3 weeks.  Lets just wait and see what happens, then I will make a judgement.

But as Dave pointed out, I'd recommend every Newcastle fan has a read.  It might just clear up any misgivings or any trust issues you have. 

Also quite shocked at how un-biased it seemed.  :snod:

That man isn't going anywhere. If only that entire interview was printed in its entirety for the entire nation to see.

Every Newcastle fan does need to read it, from start to finish. Maybe then, we'd have a bit more faith in the guy at the top.

Top article :thup: