Mike Ashley Exclusive Interview

James

Just had a few more comments on SSN.

Ashley saying Keegan has money to spend but it has to be the right players, to quote Keegan: "Players who have the right heart for Newcastle united."

Yup, says the money's there for the right deal, but that KK is very particular about the type of player he wants.

Fantastic to hear tbh, on a number of levels.

Ashley saying Keegan has money to spend but it has to be the right players, to quote Keegan: "Players who have the right heart for Newcastle united."

Yup, says the money's there for the right deal, but that KK is very particular about the type of player he wants.

Still wont stop the media

Still wont stop the media

always putting a negative slant on things SUPERTOON!

Great to hear, I hope we've got a couple of tricks up our sleeve for the rest of the transfer window :)

Here's the whole thing:

SUNDAY, AUGUST 3

Mike ‘pile it high, sell it cheap’ Ashley has decided to sell his club Newcastle United.

He will tell you that there are only two good days when you own a football club, the day you buy it and the day you sell it. In typical Mike Ashley style he’s found the only man on the planet that makes Roman Abramovich look thoroughly impoverished to buy Newcastle.

When he bought Newcastle, I phoned him and asked him ‘Why?’  He replied: “At the time, I thought I had more money than God.”

Well it looks as if the Ashley Midas touch will strike again, turning him a profit of £100million in 12 months. And he will then officially have more money than god!

I guess the first part is just what she read in last week's Sunday papers, but the quote has the ring of truth about it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

SKYSPORTS.COM

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley insists he will give Kevin Keegan money to spend on the 'right' player.

Keegan has been looking to improve his squad over the summer and has already brought in Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie and Sebastien Bassong.

A deal for Fabricio Coloccini is close to being finalised, and Keegan has lined up a further two new additions to the St James' Park ranks.

And Ashley, who has refuted suggestions he wants to sell the club, is prepared to fund his manager's plans to strengthen.

Heart and passion

"Players have to tick a lot of boxes for us to be interested," Ashley is quoted in the Daily Star.

"If we think he only wants to come to Newcastle for the wrong reasons, then we'll say 'you're not for us' and we'll look elsewhere.

"But there is money for Kevin to spend. If the deal is right - and that means it's the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal.

"The days of buying players at the wrong time are gone.

"I don't think the people and the structure we have now would have made the mistakes of the past.

"The right player at the right time is who we are after now, players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle and its supporters. Kevin doesn't stop emphasising that."

In Karren Brady's column in the Sun today she is quoted as telephoning Mike Ashley after he'd bought NUFC to ask him why..............his response "At the time, I thought I had more money than God".

See here under Sunday 3rd August sub heading:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article1535239.ece

* SUNDAY, AUGUST 3

Mike ‘pile it high, sell it cheap’ Ashley has decided to sell his club Newcastle United.

He will tell you that there are only two good days when you own a football club, the day you buy it and the day you sell it. In typical Mike Ashley style he’s found the only man on the planet that makes Roman Abramovich look thoroughly impoverished to buy Newcastle.

When he bought Newcastle, I phoned him and asked him ‘Why?’  He replied: “At the time, I thought I had more money than God.”

Well it looks as if the Ashley Midas touch will strike again, turning him a profit of £100million in 12 months. And he will then officially have more money than god!

* MONDAY, AUGUST 4

“Will you still love me if I loose all my money?” asked David Gold to his girlfriend after I’d sent him our financial forecast. She replies: “Of course, but I’ll miss you.”

Reading the whole thing I suspect it's meant to be a comedy column. I personally find it humourless but never mind. As if the silly bint would have Ashley's phone number in her contacts list.

SKYSPORTS.COM

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley insists he will give Kevin Keegan money to spend on the 'right' player.

Keegan has been looking to improve his squad over the summer and has already brought in Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie and Sebastien Bassong.

A deal for Fabricio Coloccini is close to being finalised, and Keegan has lined up a further two new additions to the St James' Park ranks.

And Ashley, who has refuted suggestions he wants to sell the club, is prepared to fund his manager's plans to strengthen.

Heart and passion

"Players have to tick a lot of boxes for us to be interested," Ashley is quoted in the Daily Star.

"If we think he only wants to come to Newcastle for the wrong reasons, then we'll say 'you're not for us' and we'll look elsewhere.

"But there is money for Kevin to spend. If the deal is right - and that means it's the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal.

"The days of buying players at the wrong time are gone.

"I don't think the people and the structure we have now would have made the mistakes of the past.

"The right player at the right time is who we are after now, players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle and its supporters. Kevin doesn't stop emphasising that."

That's the only article with actual quotes from Ashley and it's the only one which provides any real insight. The rest are mostly baseless irrelevant witterings.

"But there is money for Kevin to spend. If the deal is right - and that means it's the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal....

....The right player at the right time is who we are after now, players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle and its supporters. Kevin doesn't stop emphasising that."

Wonder if NE5 will totally ignore the fact that the owner has clearly said that he will give him money to spend, and it is actually down to Keegan what he spends it on...I'm not holding out much hope.

"But there is money for Kevin to spend. If the deal is right - and that means it's the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal....

....The right player at the right time is who we are after now, players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle and its supporters. Kevin doesn't stop emphasising that."

Wonder if NE5 will totally ignore the fact that the owner has clearly said that he will give him money to spend, and it is actually down to Keegan what he spends it on...I'm not holding out much hope.

hope? its been a while since we had any hope

Guest mobiius

really happy that Big Mick has come out and said it for all to see. It tends to expose the media for the brain dead story concocting twats they are,he's selling up, we've got no money,he dosn't back kev, blah blah. Hopefully now our own lot will stop believing the scare mongering bollocks and get behind the team(i doubt that ). The weekend papers will have fuck all in good about us thats for sure, probably something about Joey Bartons impending kangaroo court/F.A hearing.I am still excited about the coming season i hope that this interview has gone someway to spreading that excitement.

still snippets only?  no-one seen the whole thing yet?

i'm interested in his ambitions short to long term as much as anything else...he was always gonna say there's money to spend wasn't he?  not like he's gonna come out and say "kevs gotta sell before he can buy"

i'd like to know where he wants the club to go and how fast he wants to get there, that's the interesting part for me

one thing to come out of the false takeover rumours last weekend was the thing with steve mcmahons group who are in talks to link up in the far east, suggests long term thinking to me...raise the profile of the club globally again

Got it this morning in the post as well, 6 page interview, good read.

Apart from whats been said already, short term aim for this season or next would seem to be aiming for 5th - to reflect we have the 5th highest wage bill in the league. Long term vision obviously challenge in the top 4 and mirror the Arsenal model.

Confirmed previous comments about welcoming partners i.e. investment in the club - compared to QPR where they actually have a number of billionairres with stakes in the club which make it a richer club than Chelsea - would like to do the same with Newcastle.

We just need a geordie billionairre!

really happy that Big Mick has come out and said it for all to see. It tends to expose the media for the brain dead story concocting twats they are,he's selling up, we've got no money,he dosn't back kev, blah blah. Hopefully now our own lot will stop believing the scare mongering bollocks and get behind the team(i doubt that ). The weekend papers will have fuck all in good about us thats for sure, probably something about Joey Bartons impending kangaroo court/F.A hearing.I am still excited about the coming season i hope that this interview has gone someway to spreading that excitement.

Yeah, cos some words in a completely partisan publication make EVERYTHING alright, and he MUST mean everything he says, he wouldn't just make stuff up to try to be populist and get us off his back.