Mike Ashley Exclusive Interview

James

where did you lot get your copies from? i'm gonna be around town tomorrow and i'll try and get one from a newsagents or something with it being a sunday, if possible

I am sure I saw copies in the newsagents in the Haymarket Metro station.

Just read the full thing.

Brilliant interview, and I urge ALL Newcastle fans to read it ALL. Not some excerpt the press have twisted into shite - the words as printed originally.

Where can i get it from? Just order it from the official site? Not exactly readily available in newsagents in Northern Ireland!  O0

As i said before (above) where can i get hold of the interview?

I live in the USA, and can't just get the magazine where I live, and can't have anyone send one to me. Will it ever be available online, in any form at all? If not, would it be possible (allowed?) for someone to post the full article or at least the excerpts?

Guest mobiius

Just read it, excellent interview. puts a lot of the media stories into touch. To me he dosnt sound like a man ready to sell he admits he would have partners which would be sensible from a business point of view. One of the things i noticed was he very passionate about the toon, ffs the bloke for all his billions travels to away matches in a mini bus,with his kids. one thing is evident from the interview is he dosn't give the press the time of day(long may it continue).He touches on the so called showdown talks with kevin last season and dismisses it as a load of bollocks. If i didn't know better i would say that ashley was a geordie,everything about him says geordie ,the passion, the plans ,the future, the now. i think this bloke is here for the long haul.A canny comment he made was when he was asked if there was a war chest he admitted there was but he said it wasnt unlimited cos if it was he would be trying to buy ronaldo.So reading into that( tongue in cheek) berbatov will not be a problem then.

I've also read it now, and anyone who manages to come away from reading that with any sort of a negative spin started reading the article with the intention of finding one and had to twist a few things to their warped version of how events should be.

As various newspapers will be printing quotes from this over the next week and beyond I see no harm in printing our own 'little' excerpts for the purpose of discussion.

On wearing his Newcastle top and being with the fans <<when it wasn't going so well>> (reproduced in part only):

There were times last season when the fans were singing certain things at certain games and I wanted to join in, I really did. I'm in with the fans and if we're not playing well I take their side because I'm thinking to myself: 'How can this be? We are Newcastle United and we should be doing better than this.' You do get angry, you do get annoyed, depressed, frustrated, whatever words you want to use. Don't let anyone try and tell you anything else - if they do they aren't telling the truth because football is such an emotional game.

Various interesting confirmations about financial aspects and the speed of the deal. SJH's shares were bought within 5 days from Ashley first hearing they might be available, so no 'due diligence' was done.

A particular quote that will not be accepted by many on this forum was:

'It seems the club was in a downward spiral, one that it would have found very hard to come out of.'  (..said in direct relation to the debt and the general state of finances.)

Says buying a football club and making a quick profit is a contradiction in terms, reiterates he's not looking to sell but investors are welcome, quotes the current QPR situation as an ideal model in that respect and speculates they (QPR) could outspend Abramovich. Holds the Arsenal model as the ideal to which he is trying to take Newcastle.

All in all a very positive and uplifting read which promises a much brighter future, but not rocket propelled ala Chelsea. Suits me fine.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Got mine through the post yesterday. Wasn't even expecting it but I am a member. Excellent read.

"So you're still enjoying it all?"

"I'm absolutely loving it. Yes, you'll be seeing me for a while yet. In the crowd, in my shirt and with my kids beside me."

Least he could do would be give some sort of reassurance that he's here to stay, for fuck's sake. :huff:

Is this going out in all news agents/supermarkets etc?

Where I live in North Newcastle, there were plenty of copies in our small newsagents this morning, so it looks like it will be available throughout the entire Newcastle/North East England, area.

Surely, it should be available on-line though?  Do we know for sure (yet) whether it is going to be available to buy online in the club shop, or not?

Where I live in North Newcastle, there were plenty of copies in our small newsagents this morning, so it looks like it will be available throughout the entire Newcastle/North East England, area.

It should be available on-line though.  Do we know for sure (yet) whether it is going to be available to buy online in the club shop, or not?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Publications/0,,10278,00.html

Club shop is not selling it and as far as the lass knew, 'won't be selling it'.

And I just drove into town to get it, on top of that lost my ATM card in the Goal in the Wall as I was too slow taking it back out. No money, no lunch, no mag, wasted diesel.. who can I sue for the stress and lost time?

i've read it now. i concur that actions speak louder than words but i cant fault anything he's said there at all. i found the bit where he said 'as kevin will tell you, the game coming up on saturday is just as important as the future' quite telling. my guess is thats had to be emphasised a bit by KK, but fair play, i'm happy with what he's saying, which puts him ahead of the last lot for me for a start, now lets see what he actually does. i'll tell you what though, it certainly beats shepherds foolish bragging to the press. Kenwrights going on SSN saying 'watch this space' Shiniwatra's on the fucking run, we're just getting on with it, thank god.

Surely, it should be available on-line though?  Do we know for sure (yet) whether it is going to be available to buy online in the club shop, or not?

It says you can order the magazine and programmes for the coming season  but it only gives you an option to buy the programmes,says nothing about Newcastle mag when you click on the link  that nufc.com gives you but theres a Chelsea mag on it that you can get.Has anyone tried buying it online off that website Programmemaster?

i've read it now. i concur that actions speak louder than words but i cant fault anything he's said there at all. i found the bit where he said 'as kevin will tell you, the game coming up on saturday is just as important as the future' quite telling. my guess is thats had to be emphasised a bit by KK, but fair play, i'm happy with what he's saying, which puts him ahead of the last lot for me for a start, now lets see what he actually does. i'll tell you what though, it certainly beats shepherds foolish bragging to the press. Kenwrights going on SSN saying 'watch this space' Shiniwatra's on the f***ing run, we're just getting on with it, thank god.

He wants what we want and goes to the games for the same reason as we do, he wants us to win for the pleasure that brings.  He wants to build the club up and put everything in place to make sure we can maintain a high position once we reach it.