Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Seriously, it's tedious as f*** man.

:nods:

He's done OK when he's played, no more.

People raving about a forward who hasn't scored or even looked like doing it is pretty daft.

On the other hand, just judging him by his goal record especially considering our tactics is idiotic.

No one has said that. I'm saying I could understand the shite that's posted on here, had he got a few goals.  But he hasn't & he's done OK when he's played, no more, no less.

People raving about a forward who hasn't scored or even looked like doing it is pretty daft.

:thup:

As I said a few months back, when he finally plays and doesn't do too badly the f***ing roof will come off. Absolutely embarrassing

By all accounts against Blackpool he was our best play when he came on, he completely changed Carroll's play against Plymouth, was MOTM against Leicester and was decent again against Cardiff.

He deserves the credit he's getting.

Alternatively, he was poor in the first half against Leicester, good in the second, the change in formation was the difference yesterday & he played OK against Cardiff, and didn't do much at all against Blackpool (not his fault mind).

All in all, he's done OK.

The only people judging him are those making out that he's the next big thing and should start every game

Considering how little you rate Carroll I would've thought you'd want Ranger ahead of him.  In fact didn't you say that before the Plymouth game?

I think you'll find I picked Carroll to start

Still think Carroll poses no goal threat?

As I said a few months back, when he finally plays and doesn't do too badly the f***ing roof will come off. Absolutely embarrassing

By all accounts against Blackpool he was our best play when he came on, he completely changed Carroll's play against Plymouth, was MOTM against Leicester and was decent again against Cardiff.

Alternatively, he was poor in the first half against Leicester, good in the second, the change in formation was the difference yesterday & he played OK against Cardiff, and didn't do much at all against Blackpool (not his fault mind).

He did have a last minute header cleared off the line at Blackpool tbf, not bad for seven minutes work.

He did have a last minute header cleared off the line at Blackpool tbf, not bad for seven minutes work.

I take it all back. Safety ;)

Power Ranger A Real Danger - Boss

By Craig Hope

CHRIS Hughton has praised teenage striker Nile Ranger for the second-half industry which helped pave the way for Newcastle United's 3-1 win over Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

Thrown into the fray with the score at 1-1 and just over half an hour left on the clock, Ranger was involved in both of the goals which ultimately sealed a sixth league win of the season for the Magpies.

Ranger, a starter in three and substitute in five of United's matches so far this term, is fast improving with every outing, and boss Hughton told nufcTV: "Nile is a young player but he is certainly able to influence a game.

"The question is: is he better influencing a game by starting or by coming on?

"They are the things that we are learning and he's certainly getting better each game that he plays.

"It's an exciting time for him but he needs to keep on improving game by game.

"But I thought he did very well on Saturday and played a part in getting us the win."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1803017,00.html

He'll get there, slight shame he'll be on the bench for the forseeable future. He's got it all there just needs to sharpen up a touch.

He'll get plenty of game-time, i'm positive of that. We've got players coming back now and Hughton's gonna have a nice dilemma. I'd be tempted to go with Lovenkrands and Harewood but then, having two big men up top has proved a flawless results return. As it should do in this shoddy league.