Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Well, that's not what I meant at all. He might have been late for Pardew once, which he's laid the law down on. Now Pardew is trying to improve Ranger's general attitude towards training. I was simply saying, he had been late in the past (before Pardew arrived).

If Pardew has laid the law down because Ranger has been late once than I hope that he does it with everybody.  As for his apparent attitude towards training, what is wrong with his attitude?

I was annoyed when i first read it; i can't deny that part of that is because i don't like Pardew and i like Ranger... it's just a daft bias that happens all the time. However, whilst i can see the thinking behind Pardew not mentioning his name (it's clearly intended, whatever the reason behind it), i just don't like seeing managers communicating with players through the press. Using the newspapers as a canvas to form a relationship with one of your players is, i think, a bit unprofessional. Keep your dirty washing in the changing room, imo - it helps maintain squad harmony.

Imo. :pow:

But, how do you know....ah fuck it :lol:

I was annoyed when i first read it; i can't deny that part of that is because i don't like Pardew and i like Ranger... it's just a daft bias that happens all the time. However, whilst i can see the thinking behind Pardew not mentioning his name (it's clearly intended, whatever the reason behind it), i just don't like seeing managers communicating with players through the press. Using the newspapers as a canvas to form a relationship with one of your players is, i think, a bit unprofessional. Keep your dirty washing in the changing room, imo - it helps maintain squad harmony.

But, how do you know....ah fuck it :lol:

So he just completely forgot about one of his players? That'd be even less professional.

But, how do you know....ah f*** it :lol:

So he just completely forgot about one of his players? That'd be even less professional.

Not necessarily. He didn't name every striker that we have.

Forget about the vendetta bullshit. None of us know what really goes on at the club. If he was called John Smith rather than Nile Ranger, didn't have a twitter account and wasn't "gangsta" I bet most people would barely give a toss about him.

Having said that, well done on the hat-trick. He needs to make sure he goes all out in training to impress the staff and other players. That's how to make the first team. He's just signed a 5 and a half year contract. Plenty of time for him to make it (if he puts the effort in).

Dino the bad influence!

For Pardew perhaps, but I'm sure there's been talk about his attitude towards training before that (including late to and missing training), might even be in this thread.

If Pardew is having a go at Ranger for something which happened before Pardew arrived then he's a bigger prick than I thought.

Any excuse.

Newcastle reserve team manager Peter Beardsley has tipped Nile Ranger for a bright future at St. James' Park - providing the teenage striker is prepared to "listen and learn".

Ranger, 19, caught the eye with a hat-trick for the second string as they defeated Wigan 5-1 at the Training Centre on Monday. And Beardsley, who scored 119 goals for the Magpies in 326 appearances, believes the forward has huge potential.

"That's what the boy is about - we know he can score goals," Beardsley told nufc.co.uk. "Sometimes he needs to work harder, but when you're a goalscorer that's what you are known for. And when all our punters look at the stats they will see he scored three goals and will be delighted."His second one in particular was outstanding. The first was great skill to do what he did, but for me the second was outstanding. "If I'm being really honest it probably surprised me. When he ran away from their player that was never in doubt, but the way he dummied, stepped inside the player and bent it in the far post was great skill.

"With four other senior strikers also vying for first team spots, Beardsley believes Ranger may have to be patient for his chance. But he is confident that a Newcastle United education can bring the best out of the youngster. "We obviously know he's going to be good, but he's still a kid," said Beardsley. "In real terms and in terms of football he is still a kid. He hasn't played more than 100 games yet.

"We hope he can go a long way, but he knows it's a long road. "Through no fault of his own he's almost moved down the pecking order a bit - Besty's scored a hat-trick, then you've got Peter Lovenkrands, Shola and hopefully Andy isn't too far away from being fit. "However, if he is prepared to listen and learn then he has a very bright future."

Beardo backing up Pards.. good to see really.

Just hope the lad takes it onboard

Beardo says it how it should be said*

Well yeah but that came after he scored a hatrick, Pads cane after that shocking FA Cup defeat

Well yeah but that came after he scored a hatrick, Pads cane after that shocking FA Cup defeat

Not a fair point tbh.

Not a fair point tbh.

?.. state of mind of the manager at the time.. Pards needs more from him.. Beardo had just seen the lad bang 3 goals in, in a great win and still echoed what Pards had to say.

Not a fair point tbh.

?.. state of mind of the manager at the time.. Pards needs more from him.. Beardo had just seen the lad bang 3 goals in, in a great win and still echoed what Pards had to say.

It's not like it was Ranger's fault that we lost. He is a youngster for gods sake.

Beardo manages what Pards doesn't; Having a fairminded look at Ranger. Even tho Ranger was great and got three goals, Beardsley keeps him on earth.  Pards just goes about with his nonsense, not acknowledging the player at all.

Not a fair point tbh.

It's not like it was Ranger's fault that we lost. He is a youngster for gods sake.

Beardo manages what Pards doesn't; Have an objective look at Ranger. Even tho Ranger was great and got three goals, Beardsley keeps him on earth.  Pards just goes about with his nonsense, not acknowledging the player at all.

I agree Pards was over the top and no of curse it was not Niles fault we were knocked out of the cup, but if that had been a defeat yesterday Beardo may have been a bit harsher on him.

End result I hope he listens to them both.

A really good interview with him on NUFCTV

owns up about having to get to places on time and showing more commitment

The piece in the ronnie with AP talking about how Shola and Best have changed his mind about pursuing a striker this window, he mentions them two, Loven and then completely ignores Ranger, saying then there's young Phil Airey

A really good interview with him on NUFCTV

owns up about having to get to places on time and showing more commitment

The piece in the ronnie with AP talking about how Shola and Best have changed his mind about pursuing a striker this window, he mentions them two, Loven and then completely ignores Ranger, saying then there's young Phil Airey

Yeah.. being taught a lesson I think

Interesting to hears Beardo's views on Nile... get the feeling he frustrates the arse off everyone.

Yeah, I'm struggling with him just from his latest interview. :lol:

I think it's clear Nile's frustrated anarl but he is such a kid when he talks about having to knuckle down etc, not sure he is even convincing himself there. Thought the interviewer was pretty direct when he was suggesting the club might feel he owed them and brough up that miss. Looked a bit shocked by the wake up call, but you can tell he wants to make it, and wants to finally get that first team goal.

Really hope he can prove he's a Premiership player, think he'd have been out on his ear by now if he didn't have something special about him.