Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Fanning the flames you say, I think it is fair to say Pardew has matches & petrol in his hands & Pedro is chucking wood on the fire.

They clearly don't say what the rumor is & say "if true" it is up to the individual who reads that line & how they  digest & process that information, some will read it & move on, others will go looking for the rumor, some will copy & paste it onto a messageboard, others will throw a wobbler. Thats the way it should be for people read something & make there own choices.

Bit if a difference the manager giving the lad a kick up the arse in public and a fansine saying along the lines of "heard rumours and if they are true you will hate the lad".

Would be a great shame if he blows the opportunity he's got at this club. He won't get a better one.

Still, they must be telling him that all the time.

So much potential, but without the right attitude he's just not going to make it.

Hope he gets his head together before the patience of the staff runs out.

Farming him out must be in Pardew's mind, assuming he's planning on getting a couple of forwards in.

Will probably be a make or break year for the lad.

Fanning the flames you say, I think it is fair to say Pardew has matches & petrol in his hands & Pedro is chucking wood on the fire.

They clearly don't say what the rumor is & say "if true" it is up to the individual who reads that line & how they  digest & process that information, some will read it & move on, others will go looking for the rumor, some will copy & paste it onto a messageboard, others will throw a wobbler. Thats the way it should be for people read something & make there own choices.

Bit if a difference the manager giving the lad a kick up the arse in public and a fansine saying along the lines of "heard rumours and if they are true you will hate the lad".

Aye but  Pardew usually has a full page devoted to him ripping into the Ranger. While TF writes one line & does not use the word hate.

It was a daft thing to print from a magazine that is apparantly 'for the club' like. No need to print negative RUMOURS at all. Leave that for the sunday morning rags.

They are not "for the club" though that is what the club publications are for. It covers all the goings on at NUFC a bit like this place. It was ONE LINE & the had IF in that line. Mole hills & mountains.

Guest LukeT

Season in the Championship next year, getting a good kicking every week should help him a bit

Send him over to Russia for a season.

Or Libya.

It was a daft thing to print from a magazine that is apparantly 'for the club' like. No need to print negative RUMOURS at all. Leave that for the sunday morning rags.

They are not "for the club" though that is what the club publications are for. It covers all the goings on at NUFC a bit like this place. It was ONE LINE & the had IF in that line. Mole hills & mountains.

i'm guessing a fanzine's intentions are for the best of the club, hence 'for the club'. Anyway I just dont think it is neccesariy to print wild negative rumours, I don't think it's worth arguing too strongly for each side of the case like, just saying I disagree.

Peter Lovenkrands has urged Nile Ranger to make the most of his chance to impress at Newcastle.

Ranger has had a big impact off the bench for the Magpies this season and Andy Carroll's January sale has opened the door for the 19-year-old to get more game-time.

But the England Under-20 international has also reportedly left manager Alan Pardew concerned by his poor time-keeping and his application in training, something which Lovenkrands admits he must improve.

The Denmark international, 31, believes Ranger has the potential to make it at the top and has taken the former Southampton trainee under his wing.

But Lovenkrands stressed Rangers has to help himself too if he is to establish himself in the Premier League after rising quickly through the ranks in the last three years.

"Nile has a lot to learn, especially in training," he told the Chronicle. "There are a lot of things to work on and things he needs to listen to.

"The senior boys can only do so much. You can say so many things - you just don't know how much he listens to us. Hopefully, he'll take it on board.

Potential

"He's got good potential, and he's a big threat when he comes on the park late on in games.

"He's a handful - any defender will tell you that. He's a good lad, and a great boy to have around."

Ranger is yet to find the net in the Premier League and missed a gilt-edged opportunity in the 5-0 rout of West Ham in Janaury.

He now has just one goal from 21 appearances this season, which came way back in the Carling Cup win at Chelsea in September.

And Lovenkrands reckons that once Ranger ends his drought, many more goals will follow.

"He just needs a goal for his confidence," added the Danish forward.

"I just hope he develops in the right direction. I've been one to help him a lot. Nile's a character."

Guest Stephen927

Empty words coming from Lovenkrands tbfh. It's like a homeless man telling a millionaire the best ways to invest his money.

Empty words coming from Lovenkrands tbfh. It's like a homeless man telling a millionaire the best ways to invest his money.

Bollocks.

Lovenkrands may be poor these days, but he's a model professional.  Playing after the death of his father is commitment and professionalism Ranger I'm sure would never display.

I adore Lovenkrands for that season in the Championship.  Problem is, he only looks good when the rest of the team are dominating their counterparts.  We haven't had that this season, for a number of reasons.  When we have, Lovenkrands normally nicks a goal.

• 3 weeks later...

we need an attacking approach for the match against wolves ....2 strikers is a msut and i think its about time to give Nile a chance from the start! If he is up for it he can cause a lot of trouble with his aggression.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Blackpool-have-revived-interest-in-Newcastle-s-Nile-Ranger-article721379.html

Nile Ranger could end his frustration at Newcastle after emerging as a target for Blackpool.

The young striker had a chance to join Ian Holloway’s side on loan in January, but the Geordies blocked the move.

But Blackpool will revive their interest in the summer after Ranger, 20 on Monday, failed to make a breakthrough at St James’ Park despite the departure of Andy Carroll.

The lads a cast iron prick.  His atitude stinks, and he's totally shit to boot.  He couldn't hit a barn door for fucks sake, it's getting to be a joke now.  League 2 standard player with a pub team attitude.

Pardew needs to get shot of him in the Summer.  He's not even a squad player.  We need two more quality strikers and a young prospect who actually shows some potential, unlike this twat.