Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Anywhere that he gets minutes in a decent team and gets knocked about a bit will be great for him. Maybe Leeds if they send Sanchez Watt back to Arsenal.

good shout,  just down the road too.

course that's assuming leeds don't get promoted like

If Pardew started Kuqi ahead of Ranger yesterday he would have been shot with shit.

If Kuqi started the next game and didn't play well there would be calls for Ranger to go back in. I think they are much the muchness in terms of starting. Each have things the other can't offer but neither should be starting. That said, if we don't have Shola back I would persist with Ranger, at least he would be getting experience.

He was on a hiding to nothing yesterday.

His main asset is pace but he was mainly dealing with balls direct to him in the air with at least one CB on him at all times. He was also paired with Loven and was pitched up against Collins who showed all his experience in dealing with Ranger with ease, i'd expect Colo or even Williamson to be able to dominate a relatively raw young forward who's given little to no direct support.

Loan next year, please.

Pretty much how I saw it. He got no change out of Collins in the air, but then neither did Kuqi when he came on. Rangers best moments were in the first half when he was running onto passes along the floor. He could have played in Loven on a couple of occasions maybe but the passes weren't really clear and he went for goal instead. Not the right game to judge him considering the midfield who were to provide the service didn't really show up.

Just watched his NUFCTV interview god it was hard to watch, he is so awkward infront of camera, but I think trying to seem he is laid back comes across as can hardly speak.

As for all this loan him out.. nailed on its what he needs but that's for next season.. THIS season, what's left of it.. all he needs is us 100% behind him because like it or not we are relying on him.

Guest palnese

No footballing brain, weak in the air and no goal scoring instinct. The lad will never make it at this level.

Weak in the air? No goal instinct? He scored for fun at reserve level.

No footballing brain, weak in the air and no goal scoring instinct. The lad will never make it at this level.

Weak in the air? No goal instinct? He scored for fun at reserve level.

You've forgotten that one bad starting appereance among many decent sub cameos means he'll never make it.

He needs a loan desperately, no doubt. Nowhere near a PL starter. I just find it very amusing how the same people that were all "Ranger's looked good in his cameos, he should get a full match." turned 180 degrees in 90 minutes and now refuse to acknowledge he may yet become a player. Carroll looked far from making it at the same age, then he came good. Don't see why there's not a chance it may not happen for Ranger yet.

Nolan's talk-in comments are concerning. That he has constantly offered Ranger extra training to help him improve and he constantly turns it down.

Also said he was the worst trainer. This lad really needs to sort himself out.

I don't think he's too arsed about making it personally. I think he thinks he has already made it which in a way he has. Come from being in jail or whatever to having a cushy life which he'd still have if he played further down the chain. Not too disimilar to what happens with a few players from poorer backgrounds around the world. Once they've got a level of money and security they're not too arsed.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The culture shock will hit him once he fades out of football at 21 and can't get a job due to no experience and qualifications in the 'real world'.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He really shouldn't be on enough money to make him comfortable, he's not even a Championship player as things stand.

I can imagine whatever money he's 'earned' so far, has probably already been spent (judging by the cars/rovers he's had already).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just confirms what we all thought anyway, a prick who doesn't really care too much about his progression as a footballer and is unwilling to put in a shift to improve.

The culture shock will hit him once he fades out of football at 21 and can't get a job due to no experience and qualifications in the 'real world'.

Unless he gets a serious injury thats not going to be happen. He has his wage until the end of 2015/2016 at least.