Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Thing I find strange about the story.. Ranger did not know Lovenkrands. is Danish, so did he know Bendtner is Danish ? or are we saying that Nile recognized the Danish language ?

Was probably paraphrasing.  Bet the actual question was "do you know foreign?"

"Duz ya know foreign blud!?"

Guest Heneage

Everything I have read about him lately suggests to me he doesn't care. Turning down extra sessions with Nolan after training, his punctuality problems...

The lad should be waking up every morning thankful such a big club came in for him after he was sacked. Who did he fail that trial with before signing for us? ....

I don't think he failed the trial, was sacked stealing I think.

Was sacked from Southampton then had a trial with a League One club iirc but they decided against signing him. Then we stepped in.

Half right. Swindon had him on trial, he scored in a practice match and we stepped in, they did want to sign him.

As funny as it is, it just shows how much interest Ranger has in this club - zero, apart from his wages.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/tumblr_lfrdr2ft581qf8yek.gif?t=1304758516

Is it not a fair point?

No, as going by his post history on the subject all he's ever done is trashtalk Ranger so for him it's just another opportunity to link something bad to him. I think it's a case of Ranger being dim rather than not giving a s*** about things. I dare say that it's quite certain that whilst he's not been good enough this season by far, he still wants his team to win when he's out there playing.

I'll do you a deal.  I'll stop writing him off when he either scores a Premier League goal for us or leaves the club.  I would welcome either.

As funny as it is, it just shows how much interest Ranger has in this club - zero, apart from his wages.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/tumblr_lfrdr2ft581qf8yek.gif?t=1304758516

Is it not a fair point?

No, as going by his post history on the subject all he's ever done is trashtalk Ranger so for him it's just another opportunity to link something bad to him. I think it's a case of Ranger being dim rather than not giving a s*** about things. I dare say that it's quite certain that whilst he's not been good enough this season by far, he still wants his team to win when he's out there playing.

I'll do you a deal.  I'll stop writing him off when he either scores a Premier League goal for us or leaves the club.  I would welcome either.

He's only played 565 minutes (or 6.2 matches), hardly a goalless run to warrant your current dislike of him.

Guest Heneage

Is it not a fair point?

He's only played 565 minutes (or 6.2 matches), hardly a goalless run to warrant your current dislike of him.

True but he's missed at least one sitter I can think of.

Is it not a fair point?

True but he's missed at least one sitter I can think of.

It's true, but he's raw and should in all honesty not be in contention to play just yet, rather he should be out on loan at another side to get better and miss his early sitters there. To paraphrase Redknapp on loaning Kyle Walker to Villa, "he'll get Premier League experience there and if he makes mistakes they won't be costly for us". It's all a bit silly to talk shit about the lad just yet though, considering the amount of minutes he's had and how they often come at the very end of matches so he's without the chance of getting into a proper "flow".

Blatantly needs to be loaned out next season, mind. It's all very touch and go still, obviously. But I can't see how the fans writing him off and trashtalking him can possibly help, thankfully it does appear like that doesn't happen at St. James' and is localized to NUFC forums.

When it's only Shola and Loven in front of him what have we got to lose by giving him a couple of starts?

He should have had at least 45 minutes today, Shola and Lovenkrands were a joke.

Its important that this lad gets sent out on loan next season, he's just not ready yet. At his age he needs regular football as well rather than warming our bench.

Nile's streets ahead of those two wankers.

He's got a lot more potential and we'll not know if he's going to make it unless he gets games.  Birmingham going down to 10 men was the ideal time to give him as much game time as possible.

Actually looked threatening today. Should start these last 2 games and hopefully pick up a goal vs Brom

I'd rather he didn't play against Chelsea where he's on a hiding to nothing. Let him have a chance starting against crap teams like WBA, which let's face it, the likes of Lovenkrands has built his reputation on.

Like a number of our lot (and other clubs have the same problem tbh) he can do a good job at times and look like a conference league player at others. I have to say he's been a bit unlucky not to have scored in this League. I'd keep him here next season rather than loan him out tbh, he needs watching off the pitch.

He's a far better bet against John Terry than Shola or Loven.

I know. But if he doesn't score he'll get slated so better the no-hopers like Shola and Loven fail (as they will) next week than Ranger IMO.