Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He's been fined 6 Grand for his comments on twitter.

For the quote above where he calls someone a faggott?

If so that is absolutely outrageous.

How so?  If I was a sportsman and I called a mate of mine a nigger, spacker, kike or whatever as an insult in the public domain I'd expect to have some kind of sanction imposed on me.  Why should it be any different for 'faggot'?

NilePowerRanger What a joke

5 minutes ago

Here's an idea Nile, if you're getting in trouble for posting stupid stuff on twitter in your more unguarded moments, how about you give it a rest for a bit and not immediately whip your BlackBerry out to give your initial opinion on the matter.

Guest firetotheworks

The sign of a true arsehole is when the supporters of the player's team can see they're a terminal bellend.

I've enjoyed not hearing about this guy in recent times. As others have mentioned, no one's on his side anymore. He's a waster, has been given a hell of a lot of chances and done nothing with them. The guy's got nothing going on upstairs and never will. Go away leach

Guess were waiting on these several court cases before finding grounds to sack him with ugh paying up his contract. Kid is worthless, can't score goals, shit attitude to learning and training, his best development years behind him and is a huge amount of trouble off the pitch.

When the Tim is right he's out on his arse, everything taken away from him and no one decent will go near him, can't even cut it at championship level and he's a massive risk for league one and lower teams.

How so?  If I was a sportsman and I called a mate of mine a nigger, spacker, kike or whatever as an insult in the public domain I'd expect to have some kind of sanction imposed on me.  Why should it be any different for 'faggot'?

It's a nonsense man, he's a having a crack on with a mate and would most likely call him it and worse to his face and receive the same back in spades.

It's PC gone mad man, £6K for having a laugh with his mate, absolute disgrace.

It's a nonsense man, he's a having a crack on with a mate and would most likely call him it and worse to his face and receive the same back in spades.

But he's not just having a crack on with a mate, he's broadcasting it to the entire world.  Considering the Premier League is having so much trouble battling institutional homophobia I'm amazed he got off with a fine.

If you ran a twitter account followed by thousands of your employers customers and started using homophobic or racial slurs on it, do you think your employer might have a problem with it?

But he's not just having a crack on with a mate, he's broadcasting it to the entire world.  Considering the Premier League is having so much trouble battling institutional homophobia I'm amazed he got off with a fine.

If you ran a twitter account followed by thousands of your employers customers and started using homophobic or racial slurs on it, do you think your employer might have a problem with it?

Andy Aaron Mogwo ‏ @ANDYAMOGWO

Fifa ranking of tday.. #PatrickNzuzi , me @ANDYAMOGWO @NilePowerRanger & #SamAdjei

Nile ranger @NilePowerRanger

@ANDYAMOGWO no I'm top.. Faggot

That to me just reads as him cracking on with his mate about a game of FIFA.

Would he have got a £6K fine if he'd called his mate a Tosser or a Doyle???

It's a nonsense.

It sounds a lot worse than it looks when you see the actual tweets. Nobody should be using the word faggot/gay/homo or whatever to insult someone, but it doesn't seem like much reading those.

Obviously twitter is a global broadcast medium though, not a private messaging service for friends.

No, of course not, that's the whole point :lol:

He's calling someone a homosexual slur as an insult.  The Premier League are currently trying to rid themselves of the environment which means not a single one of the homosexual professional footballers in the country can be open about their sexuality.  And you have absolutely no idea why they might object to top flight players calling people 'faggots' or 'silly little gays' in messages broadcasts to fans all over the country?  None at all?

No, of course not, that's the whole point :lol:

He's calling someone a homosexual slur as an insult.  The Premier League are currently trying to rid themselves of the environment which means not a single one of the homosexual professional footballers in the country can be open about their sexuality.  And you have absolutely no idea why they might object to top flight players calling people 'faggots' or 'silly little gays' in messages broadcasts to fans all over the country?  None at all?

I think he's been very badly done to here. £6K for busting his mates balls?? Absolute nonsense.