Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Wouldn't normally read so much into something fairly trivial in the grand scheme of things but there is something really depressing about us pulling this knacker back into the picture.

Desperate to get some money for him..... can't take a loss. Its not the Ashley Way.

He could be the Sperm of the Devil and he'll still get a game if it means turning a profit.

As a striker he's an absolute nothing at this level.

My memory of him was a player who often changed games with his presence. He was 19 and couldn't score, but the potential was obvious.

I thought the same TBH, if he wasn't such a cock off the pitch then I think most people would be agreeing.

If they come out and say he has improved his timekeeping and general attitude would people be willing to give him another chance?

If he had his shit together and took his chance if given one then I doubt anyone would be grumbling. It is easy to swing the fans around if you show you give a shit. Plus most people love a good redemption story... even though they know it will eventually just end in tears again.

Players like Joey Barton have went from being hated, to being loved and back again. It is always possible for players to redeem themselves with the fans. The difference here is that Barton always gave 100% and he cared about the club and the fans, even though he had problems off the pitch. Ranger on the other hand is lazy and acts like he couldn't care less, seemed quite happy to collect his wages in the reserves, rather than be pushing to break in to the first team.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly, the fact that Pardew went back on his principles on this bothers me almost as much as the match result.

:thup:

Why can't he go back on his word and stick Ba on the left of a front 3 ffs!?

Honestly, the fact that Pardew went back on his principles on this bothers me almost as much as the match result.

He's too scared to upset Ba. Weak management.

I'd imagine Ranger will be starting against Bordeaux a week on Thursday. There's no way we'll be risking Cisse or Ba in that game.

If i was Pardew i'd be staying at home and sending Willie Donachie over to france with the U21 squad.

Fuck off with that shite. Resting players has not helped us one fucking bit this year.

He's too scared to upset Ba. Weak management.

I can only think Ba made legitemate threats during the summer.

I'd imagine Ranger will be starting against Bordeaux a week on Thursday. There's no way we'll be risking Cisse or Ba in that game.

If i was Pardew i'd be staying at home and sending Willie Donachie over to france with the U21 squad.

Fuck off with that shite. Resting players has not helped us one fucking bit this year.

We've still played a mix of first team and reserves, i'm saying fuck that and just play ALL reserves and leave both the first team squad and coaching staff at home.

f*** off with that s****. Resting players has not helped us one f***ing bit this year.

We've still played a mix of first team and reserves, i'm saying f*** that and just play ALL reserves and leave both the first team squad and coaching staff at home.

NUFC won't be risking any first team players against Bordeaux. Elliot or Harper, Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Abeid and players from the U21 squad will play that game.

f*** off with that s****. Resting players has not helped us one f***ing bit this year.

We've still played a mix of first team and reserves, i'm saying f*** that and just play ALL reserves and leave both the first team squad and coaching staff at home.

NUFC won't be risking any first team players against Bordeaux. Elliot or Harper, Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Abeid and players from the U21 squad will play that game.

That's what i'm saying but i'd go even further and leave all of the first team coaching staff including pardew at home and treat it as an U21 game with Willie Donachie taking the team over.

I'm not bothered about Ranger being involved if he was set a target and has achieved it.  If he's the same as he was and just brought back to make the numbers up then it's a joke.

he looked a lot more up for it than Sammy tonight who i thought bottled a couple of challenges and looked terrified of getting stuck in.