Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Being an Arsenal fan I'm sure he'd love his first Premier League goal to be at White Heart Lane  :bluestar:

Can't see him being on the bench this Sunday with Viduka, Ameobi, Carroll, Owen, Smith & Lovenkrands fit. Also Martins isn't 100% ruled out yet.  Would like to see him on there though. Brraaaaaaaaaap!

Hello lads and lasses,

I've tried my best to have a look through this thread (which I really, really like) to find the answer to my question.  But to no avail.

So (gulp),

What the hell does 'STR8888888888 LIKE A BANANA' mean and where did it come from?

Cheers in advance.

Haha cheers Dave, much obliged. 

My little brother was also intrigued about the banana thing.  He works part-time on the check-outs at Sainsburys and apparently he served Nile this evening.  I told him he should join NO and tell people about it on this thread or 'players in public' and a few people might go completely nuts.

BTW I asked how he knew it was him and he said "because he had NR on his training top".

This Sainsburys must be near the training ground and my brother's also served Chris Hughton and Steven Taylor in training gear as well.  According to my brother "he acted like a proper G like I was expecting".  God knows how he did that in a training top!

Shearer was interviewed on NUFC TV today and in regards to Ranger and his new contract signing and prospects Shearer said; 'From what i've seen of him he's an exciting talent, a bit raw at times, but i think if we can coach him and point him in the right direction and give him one or two pointers then I think he's got a big future.'

It's what you expect from all young players to be a bit inexperienced and make some mistakes, never heard the use of 'raw' though.  ???

Shearer was interviewed on NUFC TV today and in regards to Ranger and his new contract signing and prospects Shearer said; 'From what i've seen of him he's an exciting talent, a bit raw at times, but i think if we can coach him and point him in the right direction and give him one or two pointers then I think he's got a big future.'

It's what you expect from all young players to be a bit inexperienced and make some mistakes, never heard the use of 'raw' though.  ???

Really? I thought it was pretty common. I always thought it just meant showing signs of inexperience, really...