Sunday Gossip

Thespence

One of the interviews I've seen with Keegan implied that he needed other clubs to get deals done before we could move.

Any thoughts?

Smith and Faye out before we move in for replacements?

I think you could be right about Faye being on his way.

Is that just a hunch?  ???

Yeah. We have signed two chaps to play CB, given Taylor a new deal & we have Cacapa & Edgar to cover them 3. I also cant see Keegan putting him midfield. I like Faye I just think he is maybe one of them that will move on as there is nowhere for him to go & he will want to be a starter. He is also a player other clubs will bid for.

Rozehnal, Ramage and Diatta have all gone though. 

One of the interviews I've seen with Keegan implied that he needed other clubs to get deals done before we could move.

Any thoughts?

Yeah. We have signed two chaps to play CB, given Taylor a new deal & we have Cacapa & Edgar to cover them 3. I also cant see Keegan putting him midfield. I like Faye I just think he is maybe one of them that will move on as there is nowhere for him to go & he will want to be a starter. He is also a player other clubs will bid for.

None of them were that much part of the team during KK's return to club. Like I said I cant see where he is going to go & he is player who others maybe want. I like the fella & I would play him before Butt or Taylor but I don't think KK is going to.

Guest Hellhammer

If we are selling our best central defender (except of Coloccini) Faye, then there is seriously something wrong.

Any thoughts?

None of them were that much part of the team during KK's return to club. Like I said I cant see where he is going to go & he is player who others maybe want. I like the fella & I would play him before Butt or Taylor but I don't think KK is going to.

That's fair comment but they were on the books and could have been used if the need had arisen. Not suggesting Bassong will play a major part this year but he'll be available if need be. There's also the young kids - Tozer and Kadar who might get a few appearances on the bench this year too.

Just can't see Faye going unless a big bid comes in for him. We'll see though. :)

If we are selling our best central defender (except of Coloccini) Faye, then there is seriously something wrong.

I keyed Faye into google & found out that & I quote "one of the World's premier defenders" has there own website.

What is supposed to be wrong with Faye anyway? He's not on the physioroom list.

From the Chron 02/08/08

For Abdoulaye Faye, who missed the trip to Majorca e, will be back in training again with the rest of the first-team squad on Tuesday after recovering from a calf injury.

There has been talk coming out of the North West that both Everton and Blackburn were ready to test United’s resolve to keep their Senegal defender.

But Keegan says that, like his skipper Michael Owen, Faye was left on Tyneside to work on his fitness.

The United boss said today: “We took the view, the same as we did with Michael, that some players would benefit from coming with us, and others would benefit from being at home and doing the programmes which have been set there.

“They’re in facilities that we own, and that we can dictate.

“Out here, you’re always trying to find gyms and stuff like that, and services which probably aren’t as good as what we’ve got back home.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/02/faye-recovers-from-calf-injury-72703-21453649/

Guest Wally_McFool

This thread is called Sunday Gossip so heres some gossip for yer taken from a post by a Newcastle fan from the Skunkers board who lives in Switzerland.

The Swiss media are reporting that Newcastle and Basel have agreed a fee for Erin Derdiyok.

(Dont shoot the messenger!  :laugh2:)

This thread is called Sunday Gossip so heres some gossip for yer taken from a post by a Newcastle fan from the Skunkers board who lives in Switzerland.

The Swiss media are reporting that Newcastle and Basel have agreed a fee for Erin Derdiyok.

(Dont shoot the messenger!  :laugh2:)

Any links to articles..? Would be good news!

RE the Derdiyok thing, I've read a few ITKs go on about the deal being agreed, but will only go through if Smith goes.

Pinch of salt and all that. Truth be told I have no idea about this lad. Whats so good about him?

Search "Eren Derdiyok Attaccante della Nazionale Svizzera e Basilea" for the best video of him on youtube, the only one I've seen that has more than his goal against England on.

Not bad considering he's only just turned 20, plenty of potential anyway.

Any thoughts?

Why would any of that mean he's not going to be a starter?  The fact that Taylor's been given a new contract doesn't mean for a second that he's guaranteed to be a starter..

Search "Eren Derdiyok Attaccante della Nazionale Svizzera e Basilea" for the best video of him on youtube, the only one I've seen that has more than his goal against England on.

Not bad considering he's only just turned 20, plenty of potential anyway.

Good tune :lol:

we'll sign xavi

Yeah?.. f***ing GET IN!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH OOOOH BABY!!

This is sunday gossip section ... we only make gossip here, fella...

my next gossip is... KAKA will be our goalkeeper next season

Link? Although I'd play him outfield tbh

I see todays gossip has this in it...

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is ready with a £5m bid for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor. (The Sun)

Why the hell would we want another keeper?!?!?

I'm guessing this is more bullshit media rubbish.  If we did end up signing a keeper I would be confused as Given and Harper are fine for 1st team, we don't need to fix something which isn't broken.