Ipswich confirm interest in Ameobi loan deal

Baggio

I think we can afford to let both Ameobi & Smith go, provided we get a fourth striker in.  That would leave us with Owen, Martins, Viduka & the new player (hopefully Derdiyok).  Then we also have Milner, Duff, Carroll, Zamblera and Lua Lua if things get desperate.   Comfortable I think. 

Why "hopefully Derdiyok"? I'd personally prefer someone who would start instead of Viduka, rather than sitting on the bench.

I think we can afford to let both Ameobi & Smith go, provided we get a fourth striker in.  That would leave us with Owen, Martins, Viduka & the new player (hopefully Derdiyok).  Then we also have Milner, Duff, Carroll, Zamblera and Lua Lua if things get desperate.   Comfortable I think. 

Why "hopefully Derdiyok"? I'd personally prefer someone who would start instead of Viduka, rather than sitting on the bench.

He'll be ahead of Viduka, the fat twats finished.

Played very well towards the end of last season. Will be interesting to see how he recovers from his injury though.

Played very well towards the end of last season. Will be interesting to see how he recovers from his injury though.

He played well for 20mins here and there.

I thought he was a very important player in the formation, linked the attack together very nicely. I don't think the formation we were playing at the end of last season will work at all unless we get in a player capable of replicating his role.

Guest rebel_yell12

Can't answer for chicago_shearer, but for me, someone like Derdiyok would be a good signing.  He's the type of striker that Viduka is, he'd be affordable being both foreign and young, and he's young enough he could be (like Martins) a real long-term signing for Newcastle United.  Someone to keep for a good long while.  I think he'd be learning from Viduka & Owen, who are some very good "masters" of the trade after all, and being an "understudy" for Viduka for half a season or maybe a full would allow him to ease into the Premiership without unreasonable expectations and demands.  Then next season, with Viduka in his mid-30s, Derdiyok takes over as the starter.  Does that make sense?  If Newcastle signs someone expected to make immediate XI, if he needs time to adjust he'll be nailed for not being amazing straight off.  Plus, that someone would probably be mid-20s or older, and likely to be more expensive in transfer and wages.

I thought he was a very important player in the formation, linked the attack together very nicely. I don't think the formation we were playing at the end of last season will work at all unless we get in a player capable of replicating his role.

Neither do I, but i think he's fuked and can only manage 20 good minutes per match, if we could have him fit for 75% of the season, and effective in 75% of 90mins then he would be invaluable, as it stands he was knackered before his injury, he's getting older, and this season i simply cannot see him being effective for 10mins per match when fit, if ever.

Rumoured to be in talks with the mackems on SMB

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Chops and Shola up front? The Mackems could have watched them play together at Kingston Park a few years ago for a couple of quid!

Guest guinness_fiend

...in a perfect world, being allowed to leave for a reasonable price would happen. But in football you never know, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and working hard... If regular football doesn't happen, I'll have to go somewhere else."

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/sconti1369/Funny_Pictures_Animated_Dancing_Cat.gif