Corporate Meeting with Ashley (rumours)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Top stuff, enjoy

View From: Corporate Meeting at NUFC

By Grim_Reaper_1974 - 12/08/2008 10:45

Another new member to the forum and a very good first post on Talkofthetyne.com, but do you believe it??, Tell us what you think...

Hi all. I've been reading these pages for a while so I thought I'd finally register as I heard some interesting news this morning.

There has been a massive reduction in sales of corporate box renewals so last night NUFC had a meeting with 20 corporate clients last night to try to get them to renew. Ashley, Wise and Lambidas where all there to give their vision for Newcastle. My mates, fathers friend was one of the people invited. It was supposed to be an hour long meeting but it went on for 3 and Ashely didn't duck any questions.

On Newcastle - He was asked why he bought the Toon. He said wanted a football club but originally he was not interested in Newcastle simply because he never thought he could get it. His advisors rang him on the Friday and asked him if he was interested in the Toon, he said yes and they said he'd have to wire £150m there and then. By the following week he has also spent another 100m of his money to pay off the debts. He doesn't expect to make money as most premier league clubs haemorrhage it. Everton last season finished about 7th, spent nothing in transfers and still only made £2m, their chairman is getting sick and looking to sell. Apparently Liverpool are "in the sh!t" with no money. Benitiez has spent all his money on Keane and has no more for Barry. He also said under Shepherd's regime NUFC could have quite easily gone under.

On the papers - Don't believe anything you read in them, for example apparently the Sun had rang him a couple of weeks ago to ask about the takeover story that they where going to print . Ashley said it was rubbish but they still printed it anyway. The only press they do is the Sky Sports commitments. The only paper that they do talk to is the chronicle, however he said only believe them if the story is an "exclusive" and they are directly quoted.

On Investors - He is looking to sell 25%, preferably to Newcastle based investors. He would also be willing to loan another 100m of his own cash for transfers, this would need to be paid back. He doesn't want any Asian investors because he doesn't trust them (look at Man city) but would be willing to look at an African deal as no-one is doing that at the moment (offer them exclusive rights to market NUFC in their country) but there isn't much taking off on this so far.

On Keegan and Wise - Keegan makes all decisions on players coming and going. All wise is charged with is bringing in 6 under 17 players a season

On players - Ashley wanted to sack Barton, Keegan said no as he said he was good at Man City and expects him to be a good player here.

Smith - Ashley wants to sell him to Everton, Keegan said no as he said he is the best trainer, very popular in the dressing room and thinks if he scores he will get his confidence back, become better on the fans will like him ala Nicky Butt.

Guitterrez - There was about 7 clubs in the Premier League after him, including the top 4 but he wanted to come here. Keegan is delighted with him as he thinks he is class.

Coloccini - said it's a done deal. Keegan is thinking of playing him in midfield as a playmaker as apparently he is very good at it.

On Transfers - There is lots of money available but the trouble is attracting players because we are not in Europe. Keegan lists the players he wants and puts a valuation of them. They obviously try and get them for less but if the selling club wants more money it's Keegan decision to say if they are worth more or not. There is no wage limit, if they think someone is worth 120k a week they would get it, but at the same time they won't be held to ransom and offer more than that.

He still has to pay £3m a year for the next few years to Deportivo for Luque

Modric had agreed on terms and was willing to sign but as he was waiting at the Malmaison for the paperwork to be raised, Tottenham offered him a deal and he flew down to London, apparently Ashley is furious with spurs and Modric as once a deal has been agreed that should be sealed.

Aimar and his agent had agreed on 70k a week and they were delighted but his wife said no as she wouldn't move here. Apparently they had a blazing argument in front of Ashley. He moved to Benfica for half the wages we offered him.

He said we should get 3 big transfers in before the end of the season and one of them is going to be such a nig name that no-one will believe it. He expects it to happen nearer the end of the transfer deadline.

Overall the opinion was that he was very convincing and positive, so much so that this guy has decided to renew his box. It sounds good that he is backing Keegan. I'm not sure about Smith and Barton, personally I didn't want either of them when we bought them.

I guess the proof in the pudding regarding the transfers will be if we get these big names in. I hope we do because at the moment I think we will have another poor season as our squad is terrible and we are desperate for new players.

On players - Ashley wanted to sack Barton, Keegan said no as he said he was good at Man City and expects him to be a good player here.

Smith - Ashley wants to sell him to Everton, Keegan said no as he said he is the best trainer, very popular in the dressing room and thinks if he scores he will get his confidence back, become better on the fans will like him ala Nicky Butt.

That would make the papers right then.

I fear for KK's sanity if he believes Smith can turn it around.

That would make the papers right then.

I fear for KK's sanity if he believes Smith can turn it around.

Well if he can, at least he'd be moving towards the goal instead of away like he usually does

Credit to Ashley for letting Keegan have his way regarding Barton and Smith - although I think hes(Keegan that is) mental for not allowing Smith to move.

Also, Coloccini as a playmaker? :lol:

Could have been mis-read as a midfielder i.e DM.

The key to how much truth there is in this will be when Colo steps out onto the pitch. If he starts in midfield i may be tempted to believe it.

Obviously we all like the sound of that "big named" player, i'll believe that when i see it too.

Could have been mis-read as a midfielder i.e DM.

The key to how much truth there is in this will be when Colo steps out onto the pitch. If he starts in midfield i may be tempted to believe it.

Obviously we all like the sound of that "big named" player, i'll believe that when i see it.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

O0

My mates, fathers friend...

Can you get a more tenuous link?  At least he didn't add "cleaner" on the end.

Total bollocks IMO anyway.  Why on earth would Ashley etc. tell a bunch of corporate nobody's stuff like internal conflict over Barton and Smith.  They don't talk to the press and yet they openly tell them all of this knowing fine well it will get into the public domain anyway.  Credit them with some common sense FFS.

I hope everyone realises that a playmaker can be the defensive midfielder, just look at Milan (Pirlo is usually the playmaker tere). They dictate the play and they controll the plays. Im not talking about every team but this might be the case with Coloccini.

I hope everyone realises that a playmaker can be the defensive midfielder, just look at Milan (Pirlo is usually the playmaker tere). They dictate the play and they controll the plays. Im not talking about every team but this might be the case with Coloccini.

I hope everyone realises that this thread needs locking.

I personally thought Coccolini would end up playing in the holding role in CM, perhaps even dictating tempo which could be someone considered a 'playmaker.'

Probably bollocks though, but hey-ho, we're all having fun speculating.  :pow: