KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

True though.

Nop. I just give an honest assessment of a player I don't feel is good enough to merit a place in our starting XI. If someone has a good game I will more than acknowledge that, but Milner out wide offers nothing to the team but a honest shift. Well I want more than an honest shift from someone who is in one of the most attacking positions on the pitch. By all means keep him as a squad player unless we receive a stupid offer, but he should not be starting for us by any means, especially out wide.

As I have said several times to people, if you can tell me why you rate him so highly then fair enough, although I don't believe he has any stand out factors, he's just average at everything really.

You have admitted yourself on a number of occasions you make out he is worse than he is to try and wind me up :lol:

If you can show me where I have rated him so highly then fair enough, although I think you will find most of my posts on him to be fairly balanced, admitting I would prefer him to be a squad player and that he has a lot of improving to do.

You have admitted yourself on a number of occasions you make out he is worse than he is to try and wind me up :lol:

If you can show me where I have rated him so highly then fair enough, although I think you will find most of my posts on him to be fairly balanced, admitting I would prefer him to be a squad player and that he has a lot of improving to do.

Yet as soon as someone mentions Milner you jump on the post immediately and post something like "ZOMG YEAH HE'S THE WORST PLAYER EVAAAAAA." You know when I'm joking about him and when I'm not. It's war now, I'm certainly not joking.

Thats exactly what I have done :lol:

I stick up for players when they get unfair stick, I have done it for numerous players. Milner has been the target of a few for quite a while now hence I am "jumping" on peoples posts.

Btw Ronaldo has claimed Milner is probably the worst winger he has seen for Newcastle today ;)

Thats exactly what I have done :lol:

I stick up for players when they get unfair stick, I have done it for numerous players. Milner has been the target of a few for quite a while now hence I am "jumping" on peoples posts.

Btw Ronaldo has claimed Milner is probably the worst winger he has seen for Newcastle today ;)

I don't think the stick is unfair though, which is my point. I've give up hope of him being a quality winger. He hasn't improved in four years now.

Then that's good for Ronaldo, he's by no means the worst winger I've seen for us but believe me he is definitely in the lower area of the pile rather than the top tear.

Some of it is unfair imo and some people have made up there mind on a players performance before the game has even kicked off.

Its easy to go into the game with the mindset that so and so is shit then any little mistake they make, poor play etc.. is magnified where as if it was one of the current popular players it would be shrugged off.

I know I have done it myself, certainly with Carr but then I think I am fair and admit when someone I don't rate has a good game. Not saying you do this but some people seem to really struggle to admit anything good from someone they don't rate and even when they do they have to add the "but he still did this....".

Some of it is unfair imo and some people have made up there mind on a players performance before the game has even kicked off.

Its easy to go into the game with the mindset that so and so is shit then any little mistake they make, poor play etc.. is magnified where as if it was one of the current popular players it would be shrugged off.

I know I have done it myself, certainly with Carr but then I think I am fair and admit when someone I don't rate has a good game. Not saying you do this but some people seem to really struggle to admit anything good from someone they don't rate and even when they do they have to add the "but he still did this....".

I give a fair an honest assessment as a I believe I possibly can on every player in the squad. Much like I've said since the back end of last season Taylor has played well for us.

Milner is a quality player imo great game v man u, boundless energy. Young two footed, not as slow as some on here think, can shoot, great engine and attitude, crosses aren't always 100% its true but overall a very good player.

I would look at improving on Smith, Duff, Viduka, Cacapa and Butt way way before Milner.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm quickly losing patience with the lad myself, although I'd like to see what he could do in a floating/free role just behind the strikers or the tip of midfield, can we afford to trail someone so lacking in top quality though? I'd rather he played there than Duff though.

My problem with Milner is similiar to that with Duff. I said after Duff sparkled pre-season, that as soon as the first competitive match came round he would disappear up his own arse. Two matches in and what has he done?

Milner can be seen the same way. Yes "he's only 22" but he had a cracking strike on him when he was 18. Why doesn't he score goals in the Premier? What makes someone who can hit the ball so well blaze it 40 ft over the bar when he gets anywhere near the penalty area?

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048864/Villa-boss-ONeill-ready-Milner-chase.html?ITO=1490

Aston Villa will abandon a £9million bid for James Milner unless the Newcastle midfielder’s future is resolved by Monday night.

Milner is set to demand a move if he is not offered a new deal on Tyneside, but Villa boss Martin O’Neill is refusing to wait any longer with just a week of the transfer window remaining.

O’Neill is still hopeful of signing Milner, who came within hours of a £5m move to Villa Park two years ago having spent the previous season there on loan.

No quotes as usual.

My problem with Milner is similiar to that with Duff. I said after Duff sparkled pre-season, that as soon as the first competitive match came round he would disappear up his own arse. Two matches in and what has he done?

Milner can be seen the same way. Yes "he's only 22" but he had a cracking strike on him when he was 18. Why doesn't he score goals in the Premier? What makes someone who can hit the ball so well blaze it 40 ft over the bar when he gets anywhere near the penalty area?

thats exactly how i see n'zogbia

If you can't see any differences between the two then what's there to discuss?

the only difference for me is that n'zogbia has greater potential (which i'm not sure will come through)

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048864/Villa-boss-ONeill-ready-Milner-chase.html?ITO=1490

Aston Villa will abandon a £9million bid for James Milner unless the Newcastle midfielder’s future is resolved by Monday night.

Milner is set to demand a move if he is not offered a new deal on Tyneside, but Villa boss Martin O’Neill is refusing to wait any longer with just a week of the transfer window remaining.

O’Neill is still hopeful of signing Milner, who came within hours of a £5m move to Villa Park two years ago having spent the previous season there on loan.

No quotes as usual.

Fingers crossed Keegan's seen the light after yesterday.

the only difference for me is that n'zogbia has greater potential (which i'm not sure will come through)

Well I would say, Zog is quicker, can shoot with more venom and accuracy and can get past players at pace allowing him to deliver far more dangerous crosses. Against that, milner is more disciplined, plays safer, and works hard for the team and is generally a good lad. I don't see too many similarities to be fair.