KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

I've had enough of him. He should not be starting for us. Simple as.

I thought he was very busy but offered nothing much, he wasn't our worst player today.

He works hard as always but for a wide man or an attacking player you want some quality. Something which he hasn't got.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I've had enough of him. He should not be starting for us. Simple as.

I thought he was very busy but offered nothing much, he wasn't our worst player today.

He works hard as always but for a wide man or an attacking player you want some quality. Something which he hasn't got.

Watch an Alan SMith compilation video it'll make you feel better about Milner.

I think him and N'Zogbia suffered from the same thing today, they both beat a player then made the wrong decision or put in a shit pass, at least N'Zogbia picked up later in the second half, Milner missed a great chance in the second half when he seemed to be playing up front with Owen and to make matters worse Owen was next in line if Milner hadn't had a go.

I think him and N'Zogbia suffered from the same thing today, they both beat a player then made the wrong decision or put in a shit pass, at least N'Zogbia picked up later in the second half, Milner missed a great chance in the second half when he seemed to be playing up front with Owen and to make matters worse Owen was next in line if Milner hadn't had a go.

At least Charlie has the ability to make things happen. Milner just doesn't.

IMO, we should sell Milner for 8-10m (whatever they are offering) and go for Jakub Blaszczykowski from Dortmund.

In my opinion the best Polish player today  (although that isn't saying much)  along with Boruc. Fast and gifted technically who can also play as right-back, scored a very good goal against Bayern Munchen today too. Only problem being that I don't think we would come too cheap, think I remember reading some interview from Dortmund's chairman saying he wouldn't go for less than 10m euros.

Admittedly I don't see much of the Bundesliga, but he has been class in the international games and I'm sure he would have become one of Euro's 08 stars if he hadn't got injured just before the tournament.

Guest Heneage

Agree with Pullman watching Milner he never tries to beat the man, if they hug the touchline and show him in he's buggered.

Solano was never a great athlete, but his football brain was so switched on he could do more damage with one touch than Milner could with all his running. End product. Solano had it, Milner never will.

One thing which annoys me about both Milner and Duff - apart from the fact they can't shoot or cross - is that they both slow down with the ball at their feet.

Last week Duff got the ball on the counter attack against Man U and instead of running at their over-stretched defence he started mincing around flicking the ball between his feet. Something Milner does as well insted of going at them while they're stretched.

Milners s***, yet worth 8-10m. I love you guys :D

aye so was Boumsong

Hey you get me wrong I like Milner think he's a good talent. Unpolished but learning and will learn off jonas just great.

What I think is funny is people on here who think he's crap, worst player in the world then say, we should flog him for 8-10m, it's just funny. He's that shite he's worth that to someone.

To use Boumsong has an example is very funny though when you look at who signed him and how much that manager spent during his time here :)

aye so was Boumsong

Hey you get me wrong I like Milner think he's a good talent. Unpolished but learning and will learn off jonas just great.

What I think is funny is people on here who think he's crap, worst player in the world then say, we should flog him for 8-10m, it's just funny. He's that s**** he's worth that to someone.

To use Boumsong has an example is very funny though when you look at who signed him and how much that manager spent during his time here :)

could you do me a favour and be very funny yourself?

tell me what makes Milner a good talent. Because I see nothing to suggest he's worth the shirt

aye so was Boumsong

What I think is funny is people on here who think he's crap, worst player in the world then say, we should flog him for 8-10m, it's just funny. He's that s**** he's worth that to someone.

could you do me a favour and be very funny yourself?

tell me what makes Milner a good talent. Because I see nothing to suggest he's worth the shirt

He's an attacking option that can scare defenders because he CAN run at them. I'm not saying he does all the time cause he does have the fault of pushing inside to much. His vision is pretty spot on and he does spot many good passes. I agree his final ball is at the minute poor. More of his crosses should be reaching there man in the box but the fact is he's seeing them and getting into the position to put the cross in. And it's hardly ever a straight cross it's usually a diagonal cross which defenders hate. He has good positional sense which gets him in the positions for the shots he gets.

He needs to massivly improve on his crossing and shooting especially dead ball situations but these are all things KK will get out of him i'm sure. He's only 22 or something and he's only going to get better. Rather he's doing it for us than playing against us.

Complete waste of space today.

Geremi looked a better option when he came on.

was proven throughout all last season that Geremi is a better player. but we're in trouble if Geremi is our best option for the right flank, we need to get rid of Milner while we have the chance to get decent money for him and bring in the creative player we're crying out for.

One question.

Why must we always sell our player and replace him with someone else when we already have a too small squad? It will not be bigger if we sell players all the time and Milner is not that bad either.

No. Keep him and by someone else too.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ox3RnunHKr0o-M:http://www.madeirawineguide.com/pics/non-invasive-flashed-cork-pic.jpg

James Milner

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KbsPoaR0A9qAtM:http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00452/milner_280x390_452062a.jpg

Bottleneck.

Doesnt really work, but irrespective of that, I think im turning into Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when it comes to Milner. On the one hand, Milner's a half decent right winger who can create the odd chance and can trouble a decent fullback when on form. And he's young, and works hard for the team. On the other, Milner's a hard working but head-down, poor quality, repetitive solo player who I would lump in with Duff, Smith and Ameobi (and when hes having a stinker, Butt) as players who contribute to the team as a whole playing less effectively when on the pitch than a bog standard average player would if he were playing in their position.

As an example, I bet you if Geremi starts instead of Milner, we'll be seeing -

1) Slightly more, slighty better quality possession

2) More chances created

3) Better performances all round by those connected to the position in question, e.g. Beye.

4) Slightly quicker team moves

Much like we did at the end of last season. And as we all know, Geremi is s*** in terms of a first teamer for where we want to be. He's a player who's legs have effectively gone, and the rest of his game is pretty average. Noone would pay 6-8 million for Geremi, but they'll do so for Milner because he's youngish, English, works hard, and looks good on highlights (where they dont show the 20 shit crosses he'll put in). For this side of Milner, I say cash in irrespective of having a direct replacement or not (Zog can be moved up).

One question.

Why must we always sell our player and replace him with someone else when we already have a too small squad? It will not be bigger if we sell players all the time and Milner is not that bad either.

No. Keep him and by someone else too.

Because we're not short of numbers in wide areas.

Guest musika

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ox3RnunHKr0o-M:http://www.madeirawineguide.com/pics/non-invasive-flashed-cork-pic.jpg

James Milner

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KbsPoaR0A9qAtM:http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00452/milner_280x390_452062a.jpg

Bottleneck.

Doesnt really work, but irrespective of that, I think im turning into Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when it comes to Milner. On the one hand, Milner's a half decent right winger who can create the odd chance and can trouble a decent fullback when on form. And he's young, and works hard for the team. On the other, Milner's a hard working but head-down, poor quality, repetitive solo player who I would lump in with Duff, Smith and Ameobi (and when hes having a stinker, Butt) as players who contribute to the team as a whole playing less effectively when on the pitch than a bog standard average player would if he were playing in their position.

As an example, I bet you if Geremi starts instead of Milner, we'll be seeing -

1) Slightly more, slighty better quality possession

2) More chances created

3) Better performances all round by those connected to the position in question, e.g. Beye.

4) Slightly quicker team moves

Much like we did at the end of last season. And as we all know, Geremi is s*** in terms of a first teamer for where we want to be. He's a player who's legs have effectively gone, and the rest of his game is pretty average. Noone would pay 6-8 million for Geremi, but they'll do so for Milner because he's youngish, English, works hard, and looks good on highlights (where they dont show the 20 s*** crosses he'll put in). For this side of Milner, I say cash in irrespective of having a direct replacement or not (Zog can be moved up).

See the problem with that comparison is that Geremi is 29 and Mliner is 22. You might have a point for this season, but that reason alone isn't enough to justify offloading Milner.

In my opinion - long term - Milner is a fantastic attacking midfield prospect. I think he's been found out a bit as a winger as his pace hasn't developed as much as many had originally hoped, and his crossing ability isn't particularly fantastic, but his ball control and footballing mind is, in my opinion, very underrated.

Let's not fall into the trap of rating foreigners higher than English players just because of their exotic mysteriousness. Sometimes it feels like X<X+Not English.