KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

We'd have been happy with any of those managers. More likely that they know how to get the best out of him which admittedly involves playing with better players than the s**** we have in midfield.

Or maybe they have a special machine that turns ordinary people into world class footballers.  You can only train people to improve things slightly.  If you can't cross by the age of 22 or whatever he is then you'll never be able to.  If you have absolutely no footballing ability by the age of 26 then you never will.

Villa after Milner seems a strange one, as part of what made them so effective last year was the sheer pace and directness of player like Young and Agbonlahor out wide, teams couldn't deal with it.

Not even Jon will argue that Milner is suited to that sort of style so the only thing I can think of is that they'll look to play him centrally and take advantage of his engine and Villa's relatively direct style.

Rafa is an easy one to figure out. He hasn't got it in him to bring in a proper flair player that'll really make a difference for them in wide areas so Milner is another Rafa type of player. Hard-working, versatile and able to produce the odd moment here or there that'll justify bringing him in.

9 million for a player that can't beat players, can't pass, cant cross, hardly scores and has s*** movement and no pace who plays as a winger has to be deal of the century

But I have to say he is one of very few in the team who give 200%...Sadly even 1000% is not good enough from Milner as he lacks skill, pace, trickery for an important position as a winger

Guest Guinness

9 million is far too good for him. Take it and get Larsson in for a fraction of the price.

Birmingham won't let him go on the cheap, weren't we supposed to of had a £4.5m bid for him turned down already this summer?

I can undrstand the arguement of we cannot afford to sell him as it leaves minimal time to find a replacement, however I honestly believe it is too good an offer to turn down simply due to time constraints!

This is a distinctly average player who has not/may never really star for us, and I feel the 9 mil could be an excellent piece of business.

There are better right sided midfielders out there who may be struggling for a game this season (the obvious being SWP and Lennon) and could lead to them be very attainable!

I honestly do not see Milner making our starting 11 this season if we are at full strength, so there is no way we can afford to tunr down the money!

Getting rid of average players and replacing them with good ones, the sign of a team thats on the up!

Villa after Milner seems a strange one, as part of what made them so effective last year was the sheer pace and directness of player like Young and Agbonlahor out wide, teams couldn't deal with it.

That's actually not true.

Agbonlahor is useless out wide and didn't play there last season. He did the season before, but last season he played up front with Carew.

One thing worth mentioning is that our coach is John Robertson, one of the best crossers of the ball ever.

He did a pretty good job helping Ashley Young improve his crossing, I would imagine the plan is for him to do the same with Milner.

Either way, I'd say part of what makes Villa work is that they have a lot pace in the attacking third to feed off Carew.

How do you see Milner fitting in then?

There's only so much that good coaching can do as far as I'm concerned, and I'll be very, very surprised if Milner is ever considered a good crosser of the ball, though a bit of improvement to make his crossing more consistent will doubtless be a big help to his game, given the amount of truly abysmal crosses he does put in.

We'd have been happy with any of those managers. More likely that they know how to get the best out of him which admittedly involves playing with better players than the shite we have in midfield.

Actually, you're not wrong there. Our midfield last season was probably the worst in the league.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Actually, you're not wrong there. Our midfield last season was probably the worst in the league.

Agree 100%

The flaw in selling Milner is the ability of our management team to get a better replacement.  Given their track record so far, I doubt we would have anyone in before the end of August, thus leaving our squad even thinner.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1367311,00.html

KEVIN Keegan has rubbished talk of James Milner leaving St.James' Park and has instead insisted: "He is the last player that Newcastle United want to sell".

The 22-year-old has been the subject of a rumoured approach from Aston Villa in recent days having spent a season on loan with the Midlands club two years ago.

But, with Milner having been one of the Magpies' star performers during the pre-season build-up, Toon boss KK says that his young winger is going nowhere.

"He is the last player that Newcastle United want to sell, and I'm talking about the owner and myself," insisted the United chief.

"James Milner won't be leaving here, I'm sure of that."

How on earth Smith is still here i've no idea!

I'm gobsmacked he's going to remain and get 60'000 a week for what he's shown us uptil now.

On the Milner front though if he can find another position that suits him best then fine but he's no fucking winger and never will be.

There were pro's and con's to selling him tbh.

We'd have got more than I think he's worth but little time to replace him so I'm happy for KK to keep him. 

No cons whatsoever to selling him and we have plenty of time to replace him tbh

Lua Lua and some youngsters we have would put in a more effective performance