KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

There were pro's and con's to selling him tbh.

We'd have got more than I think he's worth but little time to replace him so I'm happy for KK to keep him. 

No cons whatsoever to selling him and we have plenty of time to replace him tbh

Lua Lua and some youngsters we have would put in a more effective performance

The con was scouting and signing a suitable replacement in a little over 2 weeks. ;)

We'd have got more than I think he's worth but little time to replace him so I'm happy for KK to keep him. 

The con was scouting and signing a suitable replacement in a little over 2 weeks. ;)

Anything is more suitable, but I don't think we'd miss him if we don't replace

He's not a striker or midfielder so there's no point to having him and the last two weeks usually speed up deals anyway.

I know what you meant, I'm just still in shock he's here and Faye's not 

He's not a striker or midfielder so there's no point to having him and the last two weeks usually speed up deals anyway.

:nope:

He's nowhere near that bad tbh. If we had sold him, we'd have had to buy a canny player to replace him - and I'm in no way his biggest fan.

He's nowhere near that bad tbh. If we had sold him, we'd have had to buy a canny player to replace him - and I'm in no way his biggest fan.

Well come January if the numpty's still here and has done fuck all to improve himself he needs to be out the door.

Well come January if the numpty's still here and has done fuck all to improve himself he needs to be out the door.

:lol:

Rightio.  :thup:

Can't really afford to get rid of such a decent/verstile player at this stage in the window. Not a world beater in our squad but he definately adds some depth in an important area.

If KK wants to keep him that's fine by me. Like Taylor though, his performances have to back up that judgement this season.

That is a very fair assessment. Taylor and Milner are subject to both vitriolic ridicule and slavish adoration here. They are both of a certain standard, say average-good Premiership players with the potential to develop into England internationals, or stagnate.

Conversely, both have been at the club some time, and need to repay the faith the club has shown them with consistently improved performances...

hopefully they`ll come back with a bid too good to resist (even though I think 9m was too good to resist in the 1st place)

-------------------------

Martin O'Neill won't take no for an answer in quest to sign Newcastle United's James Milner

Aug 17 2008 Exclusive By Mat Kendrick

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-fc-news/2008/08/17/martin-o-neill-won-t-take-no-for-an-answer-in-quest-to-sign-newcastle-united-s-james-milner-66331-21549254/

Let's hope he does his finger out as he's been absolutely atrocious so far today.

His shooting was embarassing today. What's the point in having a powerful shot if you are going to panic and blast it high into the stands as soon as the opportunity presents itself?

Supposedly going to get an improved contract offered after Wednesday's board meeting. If his writing's as accurate as his shooting he'll probably sign the wrong piece of paper. Or boot it 40 ft into the air.