KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

Milner is ineffective as a winger so if he is going to re-invent himself, it has to be as a central midfielder, maybe playing in the Owen role. In his favour, he's got good movement and the ability to go past people. Whether he's got the vision, intelligence or goals is another matter. There's no point in selling if we haven't got a replacement lined upwith those qualities though.

If they'd offered £9m a month ago then I'd have taken it. If we sell now though, it's not leaving too much time to replace him.

If they've got something lined up then £9m is too good to turn down.

9 million for a winger who can't cross

take their hands off

I would take the £9m figure with a pinch of salt. It's more likely to be £6-7m, so I would decide on that figure whether we should take their hands off.

Guest neesy111

9 million for a winger who can't cross

take their hands off

I would take the £9m figure with a pinch of salt. It's more likely to be £6-7m, so I would decide on that figure whether we should take their hands off.

he's been here 4 seasons, has he improved? not really so anything we above what we paid 4.5 million we should take

£9m? Its a great fee for the lad, but i just feel we need to give him a season in the middle, a full crack at it. If he's no good then right, monve him on, but imo, even if he's half decent in the middle it will only add to his value for next year anyway.

He has got talent, just lacks a couple of key abilities to be an effective winger.

Guest shearer_united

I think if he want to improve our squad, we better get rid of Milner. We need someone in his place that's got a hell-of-a-lot more talent in his position and better at set-pieces. But until we get a decent replacement, he should stay for now.

We shouldn't be selling any players, full stop (apart from maybe Smith and Ameobi if replacements are in place).

Whats the point in selling a good player then having to find a better one for his position in what is already a difficult transfer window?

Completely agree

We shouldn't be selling any players, full stop (apart from maybe Smith and Ameobi if replacements are in place).

Whats the point in selling a good player then having to find a better one for his position in what is already a difficult transfer window?

With an attitude like that we'll be stuck with an average squad forever.

He's not worth anywhere near £9 million and if Keegan can't attract a better player then we have got problems.

I wonder why good managers like MON and benitez would like to acquire Milner and yet people on here are are keen to get rid of him? Seems strange.

I wonder why good managers like MON and benitez would like to acquire Milner and yet people on here are are keen to get rid of him? Seems strange.

O'Neill and Moyes are supposed to be interested in Alan Smith too, perhaps we should keep him if they want him?

We'd have been happy with any of those managers. More likely that they know how to get the best out of him which admittedly involves playing with better players than the shite we have in midfield.