£13,680,000.00

James

woah!  tragedy is he'll probably be able to pay that off without any help & still live comfortably for the rest of his life even if he stopped playing tomorrow

mental

Erm no he won't.

After tax he'll be very fortunate to take him £2million a year and he's pushing 30.

Doubt he's rolling around in sponsorship money either.

Guest Mantis

He appealed the original £9.6m order.  Wouldn't want to be his lawyers if his advice has just cost him another £4m plus the lawyers fees.  Poor Mutu mackems.gif

Was always a massive Mutu fan back in his Parma days so was please when Chelsea bought him just so I could have had more opportunity to watch him. Shame that it never worked out for him though, although he's proved his class again at Fiorentina.

woah!  tragedy is he'll probably be able to pay that off without any help & still live comfortably for the rest of his life even if he stopped playing tomorrow

mental

Erm no he won't.

After tax he'll be very fortunate to take him £2million a year and he's pushing 30.

not worth arguing to death but he was in italy for a good few seasons before chelski, when italian clubs were big payers, he'll have been on a fortune at chelski and will not have been getting paid peanuts at juve then fiorentina since...think signing on fees + wages

oh and he's about romanias best player so he'll no doubt be rolling in sponsorships

depends what he did with his money early on, these days players tend to invest well under advice, if he spent it all on coke then of course he'd not be able to pay it...i find that unlikely

one thing occurs: as it's  FIFA ruling would it be possible for mutu to simply walk away from the game and keep his 13m?

presumably the only thing FIFA could do to him if he didn't pay would be to withdraw his registration for future games (?), not sure where this ruling would stand legally...if it was an option i know what i'd be doing if i was mutu!

Seems a bit harsh this like, he already got sacked... just because he then found work elsewhere doesn't mean he wasn't punished in the first instance.

Like you say the legal position would be interesting, I suppose even if Mutu quit football Chelsea could get him in the normal courts for breach of contract - another set of lawyers fees as well.

mental

Erm no he won't.

not worth arguing to death but he was in italy for a good few seasons before chelski, when italian clubs were big payers, he'll have been on a fortune at chelski and will not have been getting paid peanuts at juve then fiorentina since...think signing on fees + wages

oh and he's about romanias best player so he'll no doubt be rolling in sponsorships

depends what he did with his money early on, these days players tend to invest well under advice, if he spent it all on coke then of course he'd not be able to pay it...i find that unlikely

He was a star player for only one season before he moved to Chelsea. Failed to make a great impression at Inter, seemed to dissappear for awhile before going to Parma.... doubt he was earning major money, you act as if he was a gigantic star.

He did not earn millions upon millions earlier on in his career.

Sponsorship wise he's only attractive to firms in Romania. The coke thing damaged his reputation worldwide and I doubt Nike or Adidas are paying him big money.

I'd guess it would take him a few number of years to pay 9million back himself.

This is a bit of a joke to be fair. How the fucks he meant to afford that? What authority do FIFA have in trying to get him to stump up the cash? Im assuming all they can do if he doesnt pay is ban him from football.

Loads of players and managers will breach their contract so what happens to them? If Newcastle had sacked Barton would he have owed Newcastle £6million. What if a club gets sick of one of their expensive signings and uses a petty excuse or a minor offence as breach of contract? Say it was Andrei Shevchenko, would Chelsea all of a sudden demand £30million? What a load of shite this is!

This is a bit of a joke to be fair. How the fucks he meant to afford that? What authority do FIFA have in trying to get him to stump up the cash? Im assuming all they can do if he doesnt pay is ban him from football.

Loads of players and managers will breach their contract so what happens to them? If Newcastle had sacked Barton would he have owed Newcastle £6million. What if a club gets sick of one of their expensive signings and uses a petty excuse or a minor offence as breach of contract? Say it was Andrei Shevchenko, would Chelsea all of a sudden demand £30million? What a load of shite this is!

Snorting coke isn't really a minor offence now is it, especially for a professional footballer FFS.  :lol:

Totally justified - anybody who touches class A drugs should be punished appropriately. As he earns massive wages, this is what should happen to him. Stupid t***.

Even for a professional athlete a fine that is several more times you're annual salary is something too high.

If you took a class A drug then got fined £200k you'd think you where harshly treated.

It should be the club who picked up his contract that foots the bill imo.

For his former coke habit? ;)

That's probaqbly what happened, they said to him we'll pay off your coke debts and you deal with any outstandings at Chelsea. A seriously chatty Mutu agreed and hugged it out telling Fiorentina President he's a sound geezer and a friend for life.

Could we sue Matty Pattison and argue that he could have been the next Peter Beardsley if if wasn't for his drinking problem?

Depends on who pays Beardsley after he sues for libel.

Massive overreaction by Fifa tbh. He was punished at the time, he was sacked. Fining him this much later, and such a massive amount of money is completely ridiculous. Chelsea are scum for even pursuing it tbh, the amount of cash they're rolling in...

Guest MagFinnPie

Quote from: Shearergol on Yesterday at 08:17:58 PM

How does that work? Chelsea got money for him anyway.

how did they get money for him...? please explain

Totally justified - anybody who touches class A drugs should be punished appropriately. As he earns massive wages, this is what should happen to him. Stupid t***.

Even for a professional athlete a fine that is several more times you're annual salary is something too high.

If you took a class A drug then got fined £200k you'd think you where harshly treated.

I wouldn't do class A drugs because I value myself.