Saviola on loan?

Dokko

So Kadlec (don't know much about him), Malouda/Valencia and Saviola according to Farrington's Fables? For once I hope they have got something right.

Pretty much.

Saviola has stated he in quotes he would be willing to come on loan. Kadlec is new left back target. Malouda/Valencia.

We need a right winger more than a left one.

Yeh exactly, i thought it was a priority position to be honest,

LW - Zog, Jonas, Duff, Milner,

RW - Milner, Geremi.

The gulf in quality is actually pretty eye opening, wonder why it doesnt seem to be being addressed.

Here it is:

JAVIER SAVIOLA has dropped a hint that he will move to Newcastle – if Real Madrid don’t want to keep him, but Newcastle are considering making a big-money move for Chelsea star Florent Malouda.

Saviola last night hinted he would be willing to join United on loan, but the Sunday Sun understands the Magpies have approached Chelsea regarding a possible £10 million deal for 28-year-old Malouda.

In response, Chelsea will only consider parting with former Lyon winger Malouda once they have confirmed the signing of Saviola’s Real Madrid team-mate Robinho.

Newcastle’s need for more new signings is ever more apparent after injuries to Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff in yesterday’s 1-0 victory over Bolton.

Florent Malouda of Chelsea

United are also eyeing Wigan’s Antonio Valencia as an alternative to Malouda, along with Sparta Prague left-back Michal Kadlec.

Meanwhile, United boss Kevin Keegan is ready to stake his reputation - and defy angry fans - by making a personal show of support for Joey Barton at the disgraced midfielder’s FA disciplinary hearing on September 5 . . .

Amid fears that Barton, following his imprisonment for assault and affray, could be suspended from football until next year.

“I will appear personally at the hearing if required. Definitely,” said Keegan.

“As long as he (Barton) doesn’t let me or this club down again he has 100 per cent support from me.”

Keegan added: “I know a lot of people don’t agree with me. I have had lots of letters. But if you support someone you support them. I don’t think it is brave. It is what I think is right.”

Perhaps people see Jonas as a right winger?

Fair enough, but if thats the case then surely with the strength and depth we already have on the left, youd think that if thats the plan he'd start there in the first place...

I'd say the left probably suits Jonas better. He likes to come infield and get involved as much as he can, so coming from the left suits him as he has the ball on his right foot.

Though I reckon on the right he'd be a lot better than Milner has in the first two games, so if we can get a proper LB in then ideally I'd want N'Zogbia on the left and Jonas on the right for a few games, think that could be a very good pairing.

I would prefer Valencia over Malouda. 5 years younger, can play on the right which is where we're weaker IMO.

Maybe Saviola is being looked at as a replacement for Owen? After all, I don't think Mickey is going to sign a new contract (Would love to be proven wrong though) so we're going to lose him sooner or later.

Who see's Jonas as a LW? Hes clearly right footed.

The guy who played the right footed Ginola LW for Newcastle.

Ginola doesn't really count, he was genuinely 2-footed. I've seen him take corner kicks with both feet before, not many players are good enough with their weaker foot to do that.

Ginola doesn't really count, he was genuinely 2-footed. I've seen him take corner kicks with both feet before, not many players are good enough with their weaker foot to do that.

Pires, Overmars & Nasri then.

Don't forget Allan Johnston.

That portuguese lad at man utd's pretty good on the left as well, in fact both of them are, Babels not bad on the left either....

Don't forget Allan Johnston.

Good ol Magic

I've never seen Malouda have a good game. I really can't see us signing yet another winger anyway.

Me neither although tbf I haven't seen all that much of him. Did think he looked nothing like his hype suggest on the few occasions I saw him before he went to Chelsea. Was probably playing for France.