Saviola on loan?

Dokko

he'll never make it in england he is too lightweight and small altough he is a great footballer

I`m sure the likes of Chelsea, Boro and ourselves regretted signing the likes of Zola, Juninho and Beardsley who were abject failures too

aye, Bergkamp anol who for all his height was about as physical as Julian Cleary

Guest Heneage

I imagine Julian Clarey was quite physical with other men Ronaldo, you do know he was gay right?

Im always abject to getting players whove been about money before.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5imlO7KKuZheQ5LssvVY-yom2sopw

Real Madrid coach wants more reinforcements - report

24 minutes ago

MADRID (AFP) — Real Madrid's German coach Bernd Schuster has asked the Spanish champions' sporting director Pedja Mijatovic to recruit more new talent, sports daily Marca reported Tuesday.

"Pedja, I think we should make an effort when it comes to transfers," he told Mijatovic before Real Madrid lost 3-2 against Valencia in the first leg of the Spanish Supercup on Sunday, the newspaper said.

Schuster is especially keen to sign new strikers at a time when Spanish media report the club's Argentine forward Javier Saviola could be on his way to English Premiership side Newcastle, it added.

Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, who signed with Real for five years, has been the club's only new signing for the upcoming season.

Real signed Argentine defender Ezequiel Garay from Racing Santander at the end of the season but under the terms of the deal the player will only join the club in the 2009-10 season.

In addition, midfielders Javi Garcia and Ruben de la Red, who helped Spain win the Euro 2008 title in June, have rejoined Real after a season with Osasuna and Getafe respectively.

Real president Ramon Calderon, who failed in his bid to sign Manchester United's Portuguese playmaker Cristiano Ronaldo, has indicated that there will not be any more signings, saying the squad in "complete and very balanced".

Guest sicko2ndbest

I personally dont think we need him. We need a target man with legs (Gomis).

In Martins and Owen you have very similar players, and when all fit wont be able to accomodate all 3.

3 signings are needed

Left Back - Warnock/ Taiwo

Playmaker - Tiago

Target man - Gomis

Don't get why we are in for him, if indeed we are, we need players in every position more, except goalkeeper, than a nippy forward.

We don't need another striker? I think we do, and the type of striker is irrelevant in my eyes.

If we can sign someone of Saviolas quality on loan for the season, in order to bolster the ranks and send Smith further down the pecking order, then i don't see the problem. The fact that it may be on loan tells us that it probably isn't long term.

Guest sicko2ndbest

From the mail;

"Newcastle directors Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez are preparing to meet Real Madrid forward Javier Saviola this week in a bid to pull off a loan deal."

Awesome.

I really hope we get him.

Is that quoted because someone said it?

Saviola has been heavily linked with a loan move to Newcastle United, with Kevin Keegan thought to be a keen admirer. After only making 9 first team appearances for Madrid in his first year, it's thought he is eager to leave, with Newcastle being the ideal location as they look to re-establish themselves as one of Europes finest teams.

Got to love Wikipedia!

Don't get why we are in for him, if indeed we are, we need players in every position more, except goalkeeper, than a nippy forward.

We don't need another striker? I think we do, and the type of striker is irrelevant in my eyes.

If we can sign someone of Saviolas quality on loan for the season, in order to bolster the ranks and send Smith further down the pecking order, then i don't see the problem. The fact that it may be on loan tells us that it probably isn't long term.

I didn't say we didn't need a striker I just don't believe we need another short,quick player. We have Martins, Owen, Duff for that role whereas as a focal point we only have Viduka, Smith, Carroll of which the first is not reliable to be fit and the second two are not upto standard therefore the priority would be to bring in a target man esque striker IMO. Plus this is a guy who hasn't had a regular run of starts for 2 seasons.

I'd probably mess my pants if we signed Saviola, but I still just can't see it happening. But then it's hard to be a natural optimist when you've spent most of your life watching Newcastle. :D

I think if we played him as a deep lying player just behind the front 2 then he could wreak havoc. Owen, Viduka and Saviola with Martins to come in as well would be awesome. It could rival Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley and Asprilla for me.

With the injury record of Owen and Viduka I dont think we have to worry about not having a place for Saviola in the side. Remove Duff from the side we put out at Old Trafford and enter Saviola + Warnock and you would have a side that could go out and do a job against any team in the world in my opinion.

With the injury record of Owen and Viduka I dont think we have to worry about not having a place for Saviola in the side. Remove Duff from the side we put out at Old Trafford and enter Saviola + Warnock and you would have a side that could go out and do a job against any team in the world in my opinion.

Nowt like going overboard. ;D

From the mail;

"Newcastle directors Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez are preparing to meet Real Madrid forward Javier Saviola this week in a bid to pull off a loan deal."

Awesome.

I really hope we get him.

Is that quoted because someone said it?

Na i'm just crap at using the quote thingy.

It seems like a normal post then BAM, you read the last bit :lol:

Guest dr_football

guys, wasnt there an online petition done to sign Saviola for the toon couple of seasons ago?

i am sure i have signed, and i still hold my opinion.. he is a wonderful gifted player, and the right skills to excel in every area of the pitch wherever played. he does well coming from right or left and just penetrates from the middle.

Saviola for the toon would be a dream for us!

I have watched him since his junior days in the WC.. he always had this little stature and managed with his quickness(mind and body) to handle big defenders.

we need a CB, LB and CM as priorities. Saviola could be excellent in a playmaking role

I cant understand why people think Owen and Martins are similar players, they're nothing alike whatsoever

right now a centre forward and two central midfielders are the prority

It seems like a normal post then BAM, you read the last bit :lol:

To be fair "do a job against" doesn't necessarily mean beat, just means we'd have a team capable of giving anyone a game, not far wrong IMO.

I don't understand how some of you think Saviola can play as an att mid? from what I have seen of him, he doesn't seem to be that creative, he's quick as hell and is an expert at running on thrue balls...

has he ever played as a midfielder?