Saviola on loan?

Dokko

We don't need him, never rated him that highly anyway. Didn't want Aimar either and this is the same situation, just don't think he'll cut it. Plus he'd be on huge wages, no thanks.

yep, we could do much better  :rolleyes:

Not the type of player we should be in for.

He says no offer so it doesn't sound like he's turned us down.  My guess would be that we are dealing with the club (a la Tiago) and may put an offer to him when an agreement is made with them. Utter conjecture mind.

Saviola - No Newcastle offer

Argentine happy to stay put

Javier Saviola has insisted his future remains with Real Madrid, despite interest from Newcastle.

The Argentine striker is believed to be very high on Newcastle's wanted list and they had opened talks with a view to landing the 26-year-old.

Vice-president Tony Jimenez and executive director Dennis Wise were reported to be heading a Newcastle delegation that travelled to Spain this week.

However, Saviola has now said that he has not received any offers to leave Madrid - who he joined 12 months ago on a free transfer from Barcelona.

"Right now I'm a Real Madrid player and my future is here," he told Marca online.

"I haven't received any offer."

Newcastle would like to make Saviola their third Argentine capture of the summer after already sealing the captures of his fellow countrymen Jonas Gutierrez and Fabrizio Coloccini.

link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4019886,00.html

people are daft. There a few players in the world capable of destroying defences like Saviola is, but of course 'we have fucking Owen and he's an argie and he's too lightweight' makes me sick.

Same people who last summer suggested Torres was too lightweight

Guest Heneage

Ronaldo you over-rate Saviola so much. He hasn't played on that standard since the u20 world cup. Hes a good player yes, but "Defence Destroying"? Come on he got hungry for money. The only clubs who came infor him weren't willing to match his Barcawage what does that tell you? Hes gotten lazy hes gonna have to show me alot more than a tap in for Madrid.t

Guest ObaStar

We don't need him, never rated him that highly anyway. Didn't want Aimar either and this is the same situation, just don't think he'll cut it. Plus he'd be on huge wages, no thanks.

is he better than smith? or Butt? or Viduka? of course. He would be one of our top 3 or 5 players if he signed. If he is good enough for barca and real madrid then he is obviously good enough for us. and as he would be a loan and we wudnt have to pay a fee its a no brainer.

Ronaldo you over-rate Saviola so much. He hasn't played on that standard since the u20 world cup. Hes a good player yes, but "Defence Destroying"? Come on he got hungry for money. The only clubs who came infor him weren't willing to match his Barcawage what does that tell you? Hes gotten lazy hes gonna have to show me alot more than a tap in for Madrid.t

I dont give a s*** if runs over badgers in his tractor for fun, he's got genuine ability as an attacker and if we could get him for under £10M it would be fantastic business. Especially when the likes of Gareth fkin Bally's 'value'

is he better than smith? or Butt? or Viduka? of course. He would be one of our top 3 or 5 players if he signed. If he is good enough for barca and real madrid then he is obviously good enough for us. and as he would be a loan and we wudnt have to pay a fee its a no brainer.

You've got to have balance in the side, no good just saying "is he better than Smith", well yes, fucking obviously, bad example. There's no point in getting in Saviola unless we sell either Owen or Martins because he's no better than either of those imho. We need a fit striker in the Viduka mould. Another case of bum raping a player because he doesn't play in the premiership.

I dont give a s*** if runs over badgers in his tractor for fun, he's got genuine ability as an attacker and if we could get him for under £10M it would be fantastic business. Especially when the likes of Gareth fkin Bally's 'value'

Do you not want him on loan for a season first like to see if he can crack the Premier League ?

Do you not want him on loan for a season first like to see if he can crack the Premier League ?

when did I suggest I didn't want him on loan first?

why do we need a striker in the Viduka mould? really

Go to sleep man

I'd like a Drogbaesque player, but not many exist. We dont NEED a Viduka replacement, we need creative players with experience and ability at the top level

For balance in the side, too tired to go into it but more than anything it helps everyone in the team to be able to hit a ball up to someone with a genuine chance that they'll hold onto it and keep posession. Plus we're not good enough in midfield to create for two small strikers. Also variety, it keeps the other team guessing as to whether a winger will cross or cut inside and give it to feet, stuff like that is invaluable. And also because we need more physical presence in the side, especially in the final third.

For balance in the side, too tired to go into it but more than anything it helps everyone in the team to be able to hit a ball up to someone with a genuine chance that they'll hold onto it and keep posession. Plus we're not good enough in midfield to create for two small strikers. Also variety, it keeps the other team guessing as to whether a winger will cross or cut inside and give it to feet, stuff like that. And also because we need more physical presence in the side, especially in the final third.

i'm not saying i wouldn't like one, but we have other priorities right now, Viduka looks slim and hopefully he can give us 25 plus games this season, and tbh against certain teams I wouldn't start him anyway

To be fair I agree I'd be more than happy with Viduka if he stayed fit. I've never really seen Saviola as a creative type? Always as a sort of second forward who floats a little like Martins.

Played 3 World Cup games their apparently and was excellent in 2 of them.

To be fair I agree I'd be more than happy with Viduka if he stayed fit. I've never really seen Saviola as a creative type? Always as a sort of second forward who floats a little like Martins.

Played 3 World Cup games their apparently and was excellent in 2 of them.

he's played in the hole a lot more that to be honest and looks very good comfortable there