More like:

Given

Beye        Taylor      Coloccini      Warnock

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                          Jonas

Saviola

Martins

I remember when Real Madrid introduced Saviola as a new signing last season there was this guy who said that he's a mix between Raul and Owen. Cannot remember who i was.

Imo from what i have seen from Saviola he's a better player with the ball at his feet. Dribbles and turns pretty well because of his balance and quick turns. NOt as good as Owen when it comes to heading the ball though.

I think Saviola could be a great signing. I dont think he's had any manager in a long time who really believed in him and gave him a real chance to find some stability and a great run of games. I think every player needs to feel that they have some belief in him and that they have a very important role. Knowing that your manager believes i you helps alot to play with confidence. And with confidence players with a touch of class play well..

Him on loan wouldn't be bad move. But i still want a striker who can play the Viduka role. But i guess that depends on how your team play.

I remember when Real Madrid introduced Saviola as a new signing last season there was this guy who said that he's a mix between Raul and Owen. Cannot remember who i was.

Imo from what i have seen from Saviola he's a better player with the ball at his feet. Dribbles and turns pretty well because of his balance and quick turns. NOt as good as Owen when it comes to heading the ball though.

I think Saviola could be a great signing. I dont think he's had any manager in a long time who really believed in him and gave him a real chance to find some stability and a great run of games. I think every player needs to feel that they have some belief in him and that they have a very important role. Knowing that your manager believes i you helps alot to play with confidence. And with confidence players with a touch of class play well..

Him on loan wouldn't be bad move. But i still want a striker who can play the Viduka role. But i guess that depends on how your team play.

Was it too much alcohol?

Maybe Keegan can make something truly great out of Saviola?

Was it too much alcohol?

i meant "IT" ;)

he's a mix between Raul and Owen

Spot on comparison!!

He's a subtle striker with pace, when he played for Barca he was used in quite a few positions and is very versatile, he has a calm head on him around the box and can play as a lone striker but I think he is best playing just behind the main striker (vids or Martins).

Maybe Keegan can make something truly great out of Saviola?

Yeah i think so. KK has that effect on many players. And i think Saviola would love to play under him and knowing that he has a very important role...

he's a mix between Raul and Owen

Spot on comparison!!

He's a subtle striker with pace, when he played for Barca he was used in quite a few positions and is very versatile, he has a calm head on him around the box and can play as a lone striker but I think he is best playing just behind the main striker (vids or Martins).

Attacking Midfielder i'd play him as just slotted behind the front two.

Of all the players mentioned, the player that would truly 'wow' me is Juan Román Riquelme. Despite his age, I think he is still a class above Saviola and Ashavin. However, potential value may dictate otherwise.

Somehow, I feel that signing a supposedly star striker such as Javier Saviola may have some negative impact on our current strikers (Owen, Viduka, Martins). The signing may signal an intent to replace one of them. All three of them (in my opinion) would think that they merit first-team football and deserves to play regularly (when they are fit). As such, in order to appease them, signing a younger striker, or one who is willing to be a backup striker (4th choice) would appear a better and wiser bet, especially where Javier Saviola has yet to prove himself consistently as a goal-poacher, much less a goal-poacher in the English Premier League.

I'm not really holding my breath for a multi-million pound superstar to be honest. Although I'd love someone truly world class to come in, I'd be just as happy with another couple of signings along the lines of Colo/Jonas/Guthrie.

It seems the club is putting much greater 'quality control' on signings this time around, and no one will brought in that they aren't 100% sure about. So no punts on anyone with the slightest hint of being unfit/too old/past it/too lightweight for the premiership.

For the first time in a while I've got confidence that are signings will be good ones. Whether that's down to Wise, Jimenez, Ashley or KK - something is working.

Guest marky555

Nicky Butt doesnt need replacing if he keeps on racking up those Man of the Match performances. ;-)

Sky DEFINITELY got that one wrong like

Don't want to stir up trouble but if you look at Keegan's interview after the game yesterday (bbc website) he didn't actually recommend or give the go-ahead for the Gutierrez signing. He says that "Wise and Jimenez called me and told me they'd got this bloke called spiderman in...so i looked him up"

Curious...

Guest Heneage

Given

Beye               Taylor                    Colo             Enrique

Guthrie

Jonas                                                           N'Zogbia

Saviola

Owen                    Martins

:cheesy: :celb: :smitten: :snod: :thup:

Don't want to stir up trouble but if you look at Keegan's interview after the game yesterday (bbc website) he didn't actually recommend or give the go-ahead for the Gutierrez signing. He says that "Wise and Jimenez called me and told me they'd got this bloke called spiderman in...so i looked him up"

Curious...

Assuming same interview I saw you can't work that bolded bit out from what was said.

Curious...

I know, seems we'll have to get used to the fact that recruitment is more of a team effort these days in football. I imagine it's the same at many clubs, we need to think of Wise/Jimenez as kind of executive scouts, with the power to not only find players but to actually recruit them.

Just hope they are working very closely with KK to identify what the team needs and get the right men in. So far there's no reason to think otherwise... so I'm sticking behind the system.

Also, there's no way Ashley would finance spending on players that would cause a rift in the dressing room, so I imagine the teamwork must be tight and KK's input must be significant.

I was impressed with Guthrie yesterday too - neat, tidy and made some good passes.

I was very impressed with Guthrie as most fans. Really calm and confident in his own ability. Looked really mature in his play considering his age. I can see him being one of the bargains of the season when looking at quality and price...

always enjoyed riquelme....but its too late! 30 years and not getting younger! hes a luxury player (dont think he works hard enough). would prefer saviola or someone else for the position behind the striker. saviolas age is better, hes fast,works harder and scores goals.

riquelme always been a favorite though....he could be a real threat from set pieces!

go buy aguero or raul garcia from atl madrid :laugh2:

NUFC pushing to land midfield ace Saviola

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/18/nufc-pushing-to-land-midfield-ace-saviola-72703-21552972/

Anal then goes on to say NEWCASTLE United will step up their bid to take Real Madrid striker Javier Saviola on loan this week.

I hadn't heard this before: -

he still hopes to add another couple of players to his squad before the transfer window which has been extended to lunch-time on Monday, September 1, slams shut once again.

Curious...

Keegan being the team coach and Wise and Jimenez in charge of getting players in, dont see the problem. I am sure that Kevin tells them what he thinks the team needs and they try to get that.

NUFC pushing to land midfield ace Saviola

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/18/nufc-pushing-to-land-midfield-ace-saviola-72703-21552972/

Anal then goes on to say NEWCASTLE United will step up their bid to take Real Madrid striker Javier Saviola on loan this week.

I hadn't heard this before: -

he still hopes to add another couple of players to his squad before the transfer window which has been extended to lunch-time on Monday, September 1, slams shut once again.

I would imagine that is because the relevant staff at the FA don't work on Sundays.