So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe Bassong has changed his mind about needing a defender ;)

First real look I've had of Bassong tonight (I think) and although it was against inferior opposition ties like this are never easy for defenders and he passed the test with flying colours for me. Early days like but it's good to have players like this who can come in and slot in so easily. Definitely pleased with the players we have brought in this summer.

Looks a clever player aswell as having good attributes, a few times he was just in the right place at the right time making it all look very easy. £1.5m isn't a massive gamble either.

Yup. Very cool and composed at times as well which is always a good attribute to have as a central defender.

A tad smitten are we. I know how you feel Toojikins.

:smitten:

Maybe Bassong has changed his mind about needing a defender ;)

First real look I've had of Bassong tonight (I think) and although it was against inferior opposition ties like this are never easy for defenders and he passed the test with flying colours for me. Early days like but it's good to have players like this who can come in and slot in so easily. Definitely pleased with the players we have brought in this summer.

Looks a clever player aswell as having good attributes, a few times he was just in the right place at the right time making it all look very easy. £1.5m isn't a massive gamble either.

Yup. Very cool and composed at times as well which is always a good attribute to have as a central defender.

A tad smitten are we. I know how you feel Toojikins.

:smitten:

Behave yourself man. :lol:

Guest elbee909

what's Nacho Novo up to these days? don't rate him personally, but i have a sneaky feeling that.....

He's Homer Simpson's favourite player?  Nacho, nacho, maaaaan...

Guest MrSundlofer

Newcastle and Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Standard Liege midfielder Marouane Felliani, although they could be put off by the Belgian club's £10m price tag. (Daily Mail)

Heneage, is he any good?

"Known for his heading ability and stamina which makes him one of the best box to box midfielders in the Jupiler League."

Played vs Liverpool and created a lot of problems for them. Good in the air. Always makes his opposition be quiet:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04sD8qwdN76pM/610x.jpg

At least so far in this window we can be encouraged under the new regime we've gone for quality rather than quantity.

Yep all 4 signings have been of the highest order.  I can't remember being so pleased about all of the players we'd signed in any given window except maybe when KK brought in Ginola, Sir Les and Centre Partin.

At least so far in this window we can be encouraged under the new regime we've gone for quality rather than quantity.

last window was this "regime" tooj!  ;)

oh you mean the manager...!

you're right like, sign nowt rather than shite as witnessed by alan smith - still we'll get something in personally mind

last window was this "regime" tooj!  ;)

oh you mean the manager...!

you're right like, sign nowt rather than shite as witnessed by alan smith - still we'll get something in personally mind

I meant more so under our new network with Wise and co.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

And last week the former England manager revealed plans to pursue another defensive target and a midfielder – rumoured to be Tottenham's Michael Dawson and Chelsea's Florent Malouda. All Keegan needs now is the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2630070/Kevin-Keegan-and-Mike-Ashley-to-hold-Newcastle-peace-talks---Football.html

And last week the former England manager revealed plans to pursue another defensive target and a midfielder rumoured to be Tottenham's Michael Dawson and Chelsea's Florent Malouda. All Keegan needs now is the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/2630070/Kevin-Keegan-and-Mike-Ashley-to-hold-Newcastle-peace-talks---Football.html

Screw Dawson, centrehalf isn't that pressing in my eyes and we definately don't need a left winger.

Well if Keegans coming out with a statement like that then I hardly think there is any deals already tied up that we're just awaiting to announce.

Ok we've got quality players in but we're still 4 short imo to challenge for Europe.

I agree they have to be the right type of player but we've had since last Jan to identify who we want and to have backup plans if we fail to get our first choice players in.

So Keegans saying we hopefully would get 4 in a few days ago and now he's saying only a couple but he doesn't seem confident at even getting that.

I hope Mike and Co can pull out all the stops for him

Guest sicko2ndbest

I am hoping that it is the case that we have bids on the table, loan or straight buying bids, and the selling clubs are just holding onto them in case they are not bettered or they are waiting to see who they can buy first

If noone else comes in then they will accept our offer.

For instance we might have a bid in for Baptista Saviola for a year long loan, but Madrid is waiting to see what business they can do first before letting him go/keeping him (all hypothetical btw).

I would have thought all the deals are currently in place and we just need the catalyst (someone moving on)