So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club can't lose. The likes of Dave and Baggio will lick their arse for every single thing they do, it's as simple as that.

I'd like you to point out where I've criticised the club other than disagreeing with selling Milner now, over their slipshod communication with supporters, their sluggishness to address the squad depth before the season started (which we've got away with up to now), and their lack of investment (with club generated money) in the squad should the situation not significantly change from what it is now.

I hardly see that as criticising everything they do. I certainly haven't criticised their signings (although personally I wouldn't have spent £10m on a defender from another league, I think that's a big risk), but I'm also not going to proclaim them as some of the best signings the club has ever made based on a couple of games as it seems a lot of others have.

I guess you missed me slagging them off to fuck when we sacked Allardyce then. :lol:

To be fair you're a lot more balanced than someone else I mentioned, but it'd be nice to see you praising anything they do rather than just popping up in all the bad news threads as seems the case. Take for example how you say we've 'got away with' it so far; we've not played well then? ;)

The club can't lose. The likes of Dave and Baggio will lick their arse for every single thing they do, it's as simple as that.

I'd like you to point out where I've criticised the club other than disagreeing with selling Milner now, over their slipshod communication with supporters, their sluggishness to address the squad depth before the season started (which we've got away with up to now), and their lack of investment (with club generated money) in the squad should the situation not significantly change from what it is now.

I hardly see that as criticising everything they do. I certainly haven't criticised their signings (although personally I wouldn't have spent £10m on a defender from another league, I think that's a big risk), but I'm also not going to proclaim them as some of the best signings the club has ever made based on a couple of games as it seems a lot of others have.

How exactly do I lick their arse? If they do something i don't agree with I'll say so, like loaning this bloke from Valencia for example.

Compare that to yourself who defended everything the old board did, appointing Roeder, taking loads out in dividends, running up huge debts that we couldn't shift etc.

Your problem UV is that you don't like it when I point out you're grinding your axe, even though it's obvious that you troll the board looking for something to have a whinge about, basically because you're a sad cunt with a chip on his shoulder.

i'd agree three years is a good period, that shouldn't stop me or anyone else from having an opinion about whether they're anywhere near getting where we want to go after one year does it?  or two when we get there

if the window closes with the squad as it is now then the next window becomes more critical and consequently more difficult, and reaching our goal will be harder as we eat into the 3 years

you can see that right?

i brought up the 3 year thing to point out that NE5, and yourself if you were so inclined, has every right to be unhappy if his cash isn't being invested in players on the pitch...i don't know how many people have put in for 3 years but lets imagine it's a lot; if the club keep hold of the majority of that money for the 3 years it would be pretty fucken poor, don't you agree?

I've always said we need those 3+ quality players we still need. If they don't appear then serious questions need to be asked, especially given the short-term loan ST holders such as myself and NE5 have supplied, yes.

i'd agree three years is a good period, that shouldn't stop me or anyone else from having an opinion about whether they're anywhere near getting where we want to go after one year does it?  or two when we get there

if the window closes with the squad as it is now then the next window becomes more critical and consequently more difficult, and reaching our goal will be harder as we eat into the 3 years

you can see that right?

i brought up the 3 year thing to point out that NE5, and yourself if you were so inclined, has every right to be unhappy if his cash isn't being invested in players on the pitch...i don't know how many people have put in for 3 years but lets imagine it's a lot; if the club keep hold of the majority of that money for the 3 years it would be pretty fucken poor, don't you agree?

I've always said we need those 3+ quality players we still need. If they don't appear then serious questions need to be asked, especially given the short-term loan ST holders such as myself and NE5 have supplied, yes.

i'm off but my prediction is 2 players the likes of atouba & this uruguayan who's cropped up plus 2 "big" signings, i.e. 10 or 15m signings

that'd do me for year one of an imaginary 3 year plan i guess

I guess you missed me slagging them off to fuck when we sacked Allardyce then. :lol:

To be fair you're a lot more balanced than someone else I mentioned, but it'd be nice to see you praising anything they do rather than just popping up in all the bad news threads as seems the case. Take for example how you say we've 'got away with' it so far; we've not played well then? ;)

I guess you mean me.

To also be fair, some people are more balanced than you too Dave, and some are numpties just not worth replying to.

I have praised Keegans appointment, as you know, and said the 2 Argies particularly are great signings. But that doesn't disguise the fact that we need more players, the club has taken the money, and don't kid yourself about Keegan, he knows what he wants alright and wants it now despite what he says in public.

BTW, in 3 years time, the money we [ie me and you] have paid up front will be finished, and so will Keegans contract.

you can see that right?

i'm off but my prediction is 2 players the likes of atouba & this uruguayan who's cropped up plus 2 "big" signings, i.e. 10 or 15m signings

I'd be delighted with that, especially given the promise shown by the signings so far.

you can see that right?

I'd be delighted with that.

given how good jonas & colo have looked so would i actually...if it happens then you could actually see tangible signs that point to the direction we're headed

if they don't then the signs are equally as clear to me

Guy on Footy Focus says very gravely that although we may make some signings, it might not just be players coming in, he understands we might be hit with losing Alan Smith before the transfer window closes on top of losing Milner.  Oh, and he hopes they throw the book at Barton.  Yeah, thanks for your opinion on that, not that anyone asked for it.

Guy on Footy Focus says very gravely that although we may make some signings, it might not just be players coming in, he understands we might be hit with losing Alan Smith before the transfer window closes on top of losing Milner.  Oh, and he hopes they throw the book at Barton.  Yeah, thanks for your opinion on that, not that anyone asked for it.

Who was it?

Who was it?

Mike Ashley.

Who was it?

Mike Ashley.

;D

Smith and Barton out, with 5 new players coming in would be great business.

I still think Shola will go.

It's more likely that Shola and Smith will go than Barton, so you're probably right.

:lol: These guys are supposed to know their stuff, must be true. But completely out of touch.

It's more likely that Shola and Smith will go than Barton, so you're probably right.

I think for now we can't really afford to lose Barton, even just for the sake of the squad. Fully aware of what's coming up as well btw.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Getting rid of too many players even if they are considered 'not value for money' could be changing things too much like a certain north London club

Whoever that guy is, he really had a good old rant about Barton. You'd think Barton had personally done him wrong the way he went on. It wasn't very professional.