So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay was I dreaming when KK himself said that 2 signings were already well down the line?!

So why are people still saying we won't sign anyone?

How weird are you guys? Why are you trying to convince yourselves that youhave any idea what you are talking about?

If you don't have anything to say then shut up. Stop talking just for the sake of it.

Atouba would have been one of them considering he was coming for a medical. Thats of the list

Okay was I dreaming when KK himself said that 2 signings were already well down the line?!

How weird are you guys? Why are you trying to convince yourselves that youhave any idea what you are talking about?

If you don't have anything to say then shut up. Stop talking just for the sake of it.

Atouba would have been one of them considering he was coming for a medical. Thats of the list

:lol:

i expect us to have signed someone by tonight tbh, even this lot arent bad enough to do the majority of their transfer work on the very last day (a special extension to the window at that!)

what we need -

A first choice striker to play along Owen or Martins or both. preferably someone with good movement who can lead the line & play with their back to goal to link with other strikers, wingers, midfield.

Two creative players. We've gradually eroded the creative impetus of our side in recent years, losing Dyer, Solano, Milner, Emre, seeing N'Zogbia stall and regress as a player, and with some others like Duff being finished. I'd like to see us buy a winger and an attacking midfielder. one of them should be a big signing for the first-team, in one of those positions depending on which formation we play, and the other an impact player who increases our options and depth.

Replacement for Butt. He looks past it as a defensive midfielder. even when he played with Geremi last season, it was the cameroonian who did the majority of the defensive duties. His passing is also increasingly erratic and i don't think he complements Guthrie very well, they are both quite slight and neither have the greatest movement or energy. Let's break the bank for someone we can build our midfield around for a few years.

Centre-half. Faye was our best defender before Coloccini came in and i don't think Taylor is up to much, while I don't see Cacapa being the right partner for Coloccini. Selling Faye and not bringing in a replacement seems like madness to me, as he's just the sort of partner Coloccini needs as he is aggresive & strong in the air. oh well.

Cover for full-backs. not so much a pressing concern though it seems like Keegan simply doesn't rate Enrique so you can expect this position to be another first-teamer.

so with a day and a half left, it's not too much to ask is it?  ??? :angry:

You've got your head in the clouds if you thought the club would bring in 7 players to walk straight into the first team in one Summer.

To be fair that's what was needed

yes, yes it was

also unbelievables point about letting players who weren't shit go while keeping turds like smith, duff and sholagoals at the club is a very good one

think afar said it earlier in the summer - we should have aggressively sought to move those players on and play bairns in their spot if necessary

{i'm one who thinks we'll sign a couple at least tomorrow btw}

i expect us to have signed someone by tonight tbh, even this lot arent bad enough to do the majority of their transfer work on the very last day (a special extension to the window at that!)

what we need -

A first choice striker to play along Owen or Martins or both. preferably someone with good movement who can lead the line & play with their back to goal to link with other strikers, wingers, midfield.

Two creative players. We've gradually eroded the creative impetus of our side in recent years, losing Dyer, Solano, Milner, Emre, seeing N'Zogbia stall and regress as a player, and with some others like Duff being finished. I'd like to see us buy a winger and an attacking midfielder. one of them should be a big signing for the first-team, in one of those positions depending on which formation we play, and the other an impact player who increases our options and depth.

Replacement for Butt. He looks past it as a defensive midfielder. even when he played with Geremi last season, it was the cameroonian who did the majority of the defensive duties. His passing is also increasingly erratic and i don't think he complements Guthrie very well, they are both quite slight and neither have the greatest movement or energy. Let's break the bank for someone we can build our midfield around for a few years.

Centre-half. Faye was our best defender before Coloccini came in and i don't think Taylor is up to much, while I don't see Cacapa being the right partner for Coloccini. Selling Faye and not bringing in a replacement seems like madness to me, as he's just the sort of partner Coloccini needs as he is aggresive & strong in the air. oh well.

Cover for full-backs. not so much a pressing concern though it seems like Keegan simply doesn't rate Enrique so you can expect this position to be another first-teamer.

You've got your head in the clouds if you thought the club would bring in 7 players to walk straight into the first team in one Summer.

don't see why it's not possible, especially with a dedicated super team for transfers and the amount of money we should have. of course we only need 7 as we've let others go. there'd be no need for another centre-half had we kept Faye. and anyway in that post i'm asking for 4 - one striker, two midfielders, one defender. add to the two first-teamers we already have in Jonas and Coloccini and that's 6, with a few fringe players for the future alongside them in guthrie, bassong and another. if you assume we'd kept Faye that would be only 5 new first-teamers - seems perfectly reasonable to me and as others have said, it's what we need.

what we need -

I guess that's fair enough Baggio, as getting 7 quality players in and have them play well together is a gigantic challenge, but could you please explain why we've let first team players such as Emre, Faye and Milner go when they were all still under contract? Weren't we trying to move forward this summer? For me, we should have only signed first team players to challenge those already there and let go of the dead wood. Instead we have let some first team players go, and some of the dead wood remains, notably in the striking department.

It's pretty obvious the club have been looking to sell Shola, what can you do if nobody want to buy him?

Keegan said at the beginning of the season he wanted 3 or 4 quality players to go straight into the first team, we've signed 2 in Coloccini and Jonas and I'll be disappointed if we don't get in another one or two of their quality, the players we've lost I don't think have been particularly good and as much as I liked Emre I think Guthrie will be more influential as he's not injured for the majority of the time.

We will sign players. I expect at least two, but they will be what MA said, "young players 22-24".

They won't be the galacticos some have been expecting and not even in the "straight into the first team" class that we desperately need.

As stated previously, the likes of Guthrie, notwithstanding his good start to the season, are currently first team material because we have no one else.

We will sign players. I expect at least two, but they will be what MA said, "young players 22-24".

They won't be the galacticos some have been expecting and not even in the "straight into the first team" class that we desperately need.

As stated previously, the likes of Guthrie, notwithstanding his good start to the season, are currently first team material because we have no one else.

Arda Turan is 21. Does that rule him out?

Arda Turan is 21. Does that rule him out?

Yes.

what we need -

I guess that's fair enough Baggio, as getting 7 quality players in and have them play well together is a gigantic challenge, but could you please explain why we've let first team players such as Emre, Faye and Milner go when they were all still under contract? Weren't we trying to move forward this summer? For me, we should have only signed first team players to challenge those already there and let go of the dead wood. Instead we have let some first team players go, and some of the dead wood remains, notably in the striking department.

It's pretty obvious the club have been looking to sell Shola, what can you do if nobody want to buy him?

Keegan said at the beginning of the season he wanted 3 or 4 quality players to go straight into the first team, we've signed 2 in Coloccini and Jonas and I'll be disappointed if we don't get in another one or two of their quality, the players we've lost I don't think have been particularly good and as much as I liked Emre I think Guthrie will be more influential as he's not injured for the majority of the time.

There have been clubs in for Ameobi thought.. The fact he's still here is at least partly to do with our valuation of him. If we really wanted rid, we would have got rid.

There have been clubs in for Ameobi thought.. The fact he's still here is at least partly to do with our valuation of him. If we really wanted rid, we would have got rid.

agreed.  i'd imagine the same goes for smith & duff as well...every right minded person knows they all should have been touted around on frees to simply get them out of the club as they have inherent value either on or off the pitch

suppose they're the equivalent of negative equity really

what we need -

More than one club has agreed to our terms, its Ameobi not wanting to move/injury issues that have stopped him going.

Guest neesy111

Are people gullible enough to listen to NE5 over Kevin Keegan? Serious question?

Fixed.

where are these 4 signings ?

it's sunday ffs, when do u get signings announced on a sunday? never

Are people gullible enough to listen to NE5 over Kevin Keegan? Serious question?

Fixed.

where are these 4 signings ?

it's sunday ffs, when do u get signings announced on a sunday? never

When its 24 hours before a major transfer window deadline?

Jesus, will someone wake me up on Tuesday morning. I can't take this ridiculous optimism / pessimism divide. It seems that if you're not taking some sadistic pleasure in watching us fail to make key signings, you're deluding yourself into thinking we'll make a massive trophy signing at midnight tommorow.

:jesuswept:

I'm still not worried, and won't be, once again we're in a transitional season but this is different, we have King Kev!

It's obvious that we can't get all the players we need straight away. 2 quality players this summer, maybe 1 in Jan and then another few next summer. Next season is the season imo.