Defender, midfielder, striker

Dave

Strange comments on Coloccini been cover for left back.

I don't see what's so strange about it. Clearly just making the point he feels the player is good enough to play anywhere if needs must.

We all know he's a quality player, I wouldn't expect Man U to ship Ferdinand to left back though would you.

If they had enough injury problems, why not? Making a mountain out of a molehill tbh.

Not really, it's best we have two players for each position, though he obviously sees Charlie as a left back, I'm saying that if our first choice left back got injured then it wouldn't be ideal for this to mean Coloccini has to go left back and then weaken our central defence.

Well I assume his comments on a new defender refer to a full back anyway. ;)

I don't think KK's daft enough not to realise that his biggest signing should be playing in his correct position whenever possible. I think he's simply pointing out that the player is good enough to play across the back four. Sounds like praise to me, but never mind.

Fuck it, there's naff all else happening today. ;)

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1372860,00.html

We Still Want Three New Faces Says Gaffer

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United boss Kevin Keegan says that he still wants to bring three new faces to St.James' Park before the transfer window closes in ten days time.

The Magpie chief has already added Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, Sebastien Bassong and Fabricio Coloccini to his black-and-white ranks this summer, but is determined to add to that number in the coming days.

"We are looking for three more players before the deadline but they have to be the right players," KK told reporters at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's clash with Bolton Wanderers.

"We need one more defender, one midfielder and possibly a forward.

"We will keep looking right until the window closes on Monday night.

"We must get two or three more in, we know that and we will do it."

:D

Someone tell them its midday!?

Big words, lets hope its true.

Warnock, Saviola (fingers crossed) and a mystery midfielder (?)

Mouthinho  O0

Arda would cap a perfect end to a miserable summer   O0

Are you referring to the weather?

Take a look outside and there's your answer.

We will keep looking right until the window closes on Monday night.

Sounds like they're almost in the bag. Thank goodness the days of LMPBs are long gone with the new recruitment team.  :undecided:

Sounds like they're almost in the bag. Thank goodness the days of LMPBs are long gone with the new recruitment team.  :undecided:

Beye & Faye. :thup:

Sibierski, Rossi & Bernard. :thdn:

;)

;)

All Allardyce's work. I was specifically talking about the much praised new recruitment setup and was referring to the many claims of how the days of last minute panic buys were behind us because of it. How those LMPBs turn out is irrelevant.

Also, Sibierski was at least as successful a signing as Faye.

;)

All Allardyce's work. I was specifically talking about the much praised new recruitment setup and was referring to the many claims of how the days of last minute panic buys were behind us because of it. How those LMPBs turn out is irrelevant.

Also, Sibierski was at least as successful a signing as Faye.

I think we all hoped we'd get our business done early. It's not completely turned out that way, and I guess the new lot have received unwarranted praise in the end.

Let's not turn this thread into yet another comparison argument, eh?

Just because buys come at the end of a window doesn't make them panic buys. The way Keegan says "we will get them" would lead me to believe that they are confident of getting the players they want. How that constitutes panic buying I don't know.

I know that. However a lot of people only seem to realise that or want to admit it when they need to defend the new order and portray it as so much better than before. Owen was a LMPB to sell season tickets you know.

However I've no wish to get into another debate about it ATM, so that's the last I'll mention it ITT.

We need imo: (the type of player not THE player (and off the top of my head))

Left/centre back (Lescott)

Attacking mid Right/centre (Joe Cole)

Target man striker (Zigic)