Coventry 2 - 3 Newcastle (CC) - 26/08/08 - post match reaction from page 36

James

Got to say, I don't particularly rate the lad but the Milner bashing on here is getting really fucking tiresome.

This. Every forward wastes some chances in the span of a game, and to be fair Milners' have had good direction. If he keeps trying, he'll score, simple as.

Well said, both of you :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think this is the best I've seen of Geremi in a Newcastle shirt. N'Zogbia and Milner are also great, Bassong impressed with his calmness on a couple of occasions. Shame to let in that goal, but get Owen in and we'll hammer them.

Despite that absolute cracker from Morrison, and the fact it's only Coventry, I don't think I've enjoyed a half as much as I did that in a long time.

We're just walking all over them, the passing is sweet, Milner and Zoggy's running in particular is beautiful to watch, and we've scored two goals without any strikers.

Keep it up lads :thup:

We have defended really well, Taylor should not be an immediate starter when he's back, Bassong done mint, Enrique looking more solid and Zoggy is miles better higher up the pitch.

45mins against a poor Championship side which has been hammered and stuck in its own half for 40 of that.

Very good first half, shame about the goal though.

Really like the look of Guthrie, he's got fantastic vision and can usually deliver as well. His pass for Coloccini when he tried to shoot early on was pure quality.