Coventry 2 - 3 Newcastle (CC) - 26/08/08 - post match reaction from page 36

James

What a fucking joke that was, they weren't even attacking yet they forced us  to extra time.

By far one of the most frustrating games i've seen in ages, the ref was a cunt, Coventry were just awfull, really really bad yet they somehow scored 2, wish we could just kill a fucking game for once..should've been over since we scored this 2nd goal.

Geremi was shit, Beye's mistake is the reason we had to play 120 min..other than that i think the rest all played well, special mentions to Zoggy, Milner and Enrique for giving it all throughout the game.

Guest Toon1981

Early days and all that but Collocini really does look great at the back, very reassuring indeed.  I've missed seeing us do any decent work at CB since Woodgate left.

Guest Toon1981

What a f***ing joke that was, they weren't even attacking yet they forced us  to extra time.

By far one of the most frustrating games i've seen in ages, the ref was a c***, Coventry were just awfull, really really bad yet they somehow scored 2, wish we could just kill a f***ing game for once..should've been over since we scored this 2nd goal.

Geremi was s***, Beye's mistake is the reason we had to play 120 min..other than that i think the rest all played well, special mentions to Zoggy, Milner and Enrique for giving it all throughout the game.

Eh?  Personally I really enjoyed watching us play some great passing football, they were fluky as hell, we won in the end.  That'll do me fine! Wolves a couple of seasons back was the most frustrating game in ages.

What a fucking joke that was, they weren't even attacking yet they forced us  to extra time.

By far one of the most frustrating games i've seen in ages, the ref was a cunt, Coventry were just awfull, really really bad yet they somehow scored 2, wish we could just kill a fucking game for once..should've been over since we scored this 2nd goal.

Geremi was shit, Beye's mistake is the reason we had to play 120 min..other than that i think the rest all played well, special mentions to Zoggy, Milner and Enrique for giving it all throughout the game.

Rubbish

Guest musika

Given - 7 Solid and made some crucial saves. Not as neat and tidy as he usually is though.

Beye - 6 - Tempted to give a 5 but that'd be harsh with the win. At fault for the first goal but seemed to ease into the game towards the latter stages.

Bassong - 7 Can't fault him. Did  miss a header or two but in the end a decent debut for the youngster.

Coloccini - 7 Best performance you can have having conceded 2 goals.

Enrique - 8 - Surprised me. Came into his own in this game, made an assist for the winner after killing a Coventry counter-attack.

Geremi - 6 - Probably the weakest link in the side today. Fairly anonymous.

Butt - 6 - Nothing special, but in a 2nd round league cup match the holding midfielders aren't going to get alot of love anyway.

Guthrie - 7 - Poor first half, but gave us composure when we needed it most.

N'Zogbia - 7- One of the reasons Enrique is a definite starter from now on is because N'Zogbia was immense as a left winger today.

Gutierrez - 6 - Nothing special. Made some good challenges but seemed a bit overwhelmed by the "english cup-ness" of the fixture. Pace of the game took him out of it a bit.

Milner - 9 - An assist, a goal, and was generally involved in all of our positive play. Seeing him clean up at right back in extra-time says it all about this lad.

Owen - 8 - One shot, one goal. That's Michael Owen.

What a f***ing joke that was, they weren't even attacking yet they forced us  to extra time.

By far one of the most frustrating games i've seen in ages, the ref was a c***, Coventry were just awfull, really really bad yet they somehow scored 2, wish we could just kill a f***ing game for once..should've been over since we scored this 2nd goal.

Geremi was s***, Beye's mistake is the reason we had to play 120 min..other than that i think the rest all played well, special mentions to Zoggy, Milner and Enrique for giving it all throughout the game.

Rubbish

Care to explain?

Piss boiling becasue they were shite and scored out of the blue and with a long throw. We should be defending them, obviously - hell we did it quite well at the weekend - I think we lost focus with the all complaining about time. That and it was a fucking massive throw. Alan Parry bleating on about how well Coventry had played. Load of shite, even at the start he was sayign what a good start to the game they'd made. At 2-0 down they looked out of it and ready to go home, never seen us make a side look so shite.

what are you talking about man.. it was a great game, we played some really nice football and Coventry had a bit of luck..

I'm delighted with what I saw

Rubbish

Care to explain?

So 2 players were shit, the rest were good, but it was a fucking joke?

Rubbish

Care to explain?

Coventry played very well and Geremi played well  looked pretty fit

Guest Toon1981

Rubbish

Care to explain?

This guy sounds really angry and unreasonable.

Guest ruel fox

wow, can't believe people are genuinely unhappy about that!

we won, played some good football, showed heart when the breaks went against us, battled, dug in despite having a bunch of players with little to no pre-season together and a good few missing...

seems a few people have forgot how dire things were not long ago (or, more likely, are never happy unless they have something to twist about)

Given - 7; Not many saves to make but responded well when it mattered.

Beye - 7; Consistent and quality in the tackle.

Coloccini - 8; Class on the deck and only missed one header all night.

Bassong - 7; Very composed and clean performance from the lad, look forward to seeing more from him.

Enrique - 8.5; My MotM. Best I've seen him play, contributed to the attack well and was faultless in defence. Looks to have a good partnership going with Zog down the flank. Brilliant assist to top it off.

Geremi - 6; Sluggish and sloppy at times but linked well with Milner and Beye and delivery looked a notch above the usual.

Guthrie - 8; Played some killer passes and displayed excellent work rate and vision. Looking like a really shrewd piece of business.

Butt - 7; Nothing remarkable, good distribution and strong in the tackle and yet had a few little shitters here and there where the ball was lost far too easily.

Zog - 8; Our most threatening player today, showed plenty of buzz and industry as well as real quality in one on one's. Surely deserves a spot on the left after that.

Milner - 8.5; Played very well tonight albeit against a lower league side. Brilliant play for his goal and assist and passed well. Kept it going for the whole game also, great performance.

Jonas - 7; A bit quiet I thought but won't hold that against him playing in an unfamiliar role. Looked a constant threat in possession and combined well with the rest of the midfield.

Owen - 7; Took his goal well and worked well coming in deep. Hoping he starts against Arsenal.

Very impressed with the performance despite two moments of complacency, we were a joy to watch at times tonight and played Coventry off the park imo. Hope Keegan fields a similar side against Arsenal with Milner behind Owen and Enrique and Zog going on the left with Jose on the right.

Some defenders are just blessed with a natural poise. You just know that when they are on the scene mor egood than bad is going to happen for your team. Coloccini has that kind of presence and it is invaluable.

Another one of our young defenders is showing that sort of trait also, and it sure as hell ain't Taylor I will tell you that.

what are you talking about man.. it was a great game, we played some really nice football and Coventry had a bit of luck..

I'm delighted with what I saw

Nice to see the majority not jumping on the negative wagon as usual. Great cup tie, happy with the performance

Rubbish

Care to explain?

So 2 players were s***, the rest were good, but it was a f***ing joke?

It was a joke in terms of how shit they were yet they still manged to score and force us to play 30 extra mins

robm, you honestly think they played well?

Geremi's passing was awfull, the amount of times he gave the ball away was silly, by far our worst player on the pitch