James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think Milner personally wants to leave.It might have been Wise's negative attitute towards him that forced him to submit a transfer request--on the day when Keegan,Wise and Ashley meet to talk about transfers.Anyway,for this over-rated boy,8 or 10M would be a fantastic deal.

I'm sorry but WTF are you talking about ???

I'm making some sence by telling you Milner is being forced out of this club.WTF are you talking about?

You make little sense.

What are you ranting on about with Wise and his negative attitude towards Milner. Have they 'been at loggerheads'?

Just read today's(for you it's tomorrow) Times to see if I make sense here.

Oh yeah,I suspect you would say all papers are rubbish.

So China gets the Times 24 hours in advance of the UK? :lol:

You cynical fool here.A time difference of 7 hours is long enough to make it today for me and tomorrow for you.

:lol: :lol:

:bluestar:

Guest Anth.Nufc

Don't know if this has been posted, reports before he handed in his transfer request said we would turn down a 9m bid from villa.  He has now handed in a request so how much would we accept more than 9m? :undecided:

sell milner and buy arshavin or berbatov. 

it seems creativity comes with a price!    dump the plodder and buy volatile.

risky, but could work in the short term.....but likely to be a problem 18months down the road, unless we are in the champ league.

With 10 million in the bank I think we should be able to get a replacement as good as or better than Milner...

He is a good hard worker and has some skills, would get into many first teams but for me he lacks the vital ingredient which is getting a decent pinpoint cross in, it is so hit and miss with James...

Saying that, the people who want lennon in will get the same quality, he has the pace but his final ball is average!

This whole affair is depressing like. While I understand that some people are pissed off at Milner I really don’t share their view at all. He’s a good player, versatile, young, and hard working. I’m assuming he’s getting paid less than Taylor now, less than that shit heel Barton, less than Smith, deffo less than Viduka who manages about 15 games a season or something stupid like that.

How come it’s ok for Taylor to whine about pay but not Milner? I would bet a million quid there wouldn’t be this outcry if the lad was a Geordie and had risen through the ranks here. This sort of bias really pisses me off as I don’t really rate Taylor as anything special at all.

The lad’s been a consistently good performer for us despite being fucked around with the whole Aston Villa transfer thing and I can’t remember him ever saying a bad thing about the club unlike some players who have had far less to complain about. So whether you rate him as a player you cant slag him off for how he’s conducted himself of the pitch and if he does play against Arsenal (which I doubt) it’ll be a fucking joke if he’s booed onto the pitch.

:frantic: :rant: :frantic:

This whole affair is depressing like. While I understand that some people are pissed off at Milner I really dont share their view at all. Hes a good player, versatile, young, and hard working. Im assuming hes getting paid less than Taylor now, less than that shit heel Barton, less than Smith, deffo less than Viduka who manages about 15 games a season or something stupid like that.

How come its ok for Taylor to whine about pay but not Milner? I would bet a million quid there wouldnt be this outcry if the lad was a Geordie and had risen through the ranks here. This sort of bias really pisses me off as I dont really rate Taylor as anything special at all.

The lads been a consistently good performer for us despite being fucked around with the whole Aston Villa transfer thing and I cant remember him ever saying a bad thing about the club unlike some players who have had far less to complain about. So whether you rate him as a player you cant slag him off for how hes conducted himself of the pitch and if he does play against Arsenal (which I doubt) itll be a fucking joke if hes booed onto the pitch.

agree with everything not in bold

This whole affair is depressing like. While I understand that some people are pissed off at Milner I really don’t share their view at all. He’s a good player, versatile, young, and hard working. I’m assuming he’s getting paid less than Taylor now, less than that s*** heel Barton, less than Smith, deffo less than Viduka who manages about 15 games a season or something stupid like that.

How come it’s ok for Taylor to whine about pay but not Milner? I would bet a million quid there wouldn’t be this outcry if the lad was a Geordie and had risen through the ranks here. This sort of bias really pisses me off as I don’t really rate Taylor as anything special at all.

The lad’s been a consistently good performer for us despite being f***ed around with the whole Aston Villa transfer thing and I can’t remember him ever saying a bad thing about the club unlike some players who have had far less to complain about. So whether you rate him as a player you cant slag him off for how he’s conducted himself of the pitch and if he does play against Arsenal (which I doubt) it’ll be a f***ing joke if he’s booed onto the pitch.

agree with everything not in bold

I said good not great  :razz:

This whole affair is depressing like. While I understand that some people are pissed off at Milner I really don’t share their view at all. He’s a good player, versatile, young, and hard working. I’m assuming he’s getting paid less than Taylor now, less than that shit heel Barton, less than Smith, deffo less than Viduka who manages about 15 games a season or something stupid like that.

The lad’s been a consistently good performer for us despite being fucked around with the whole Aston Villa transfer thing and I can’t remember him ever saying a bad thing about the club unlike some players who have had far less to complain about. So whether you rate him as a player you cant slag him off for how he’s conducted himself of the pitch and if he does play against Arsenal (which I doubt) it’ll be a fucking joke if he’s booed onto the pitch.

You're mental if you think Taylor gets an easy ride on this forum. :lol:

Maybe at SJP, but not on here.

heres what I think

Milner wanted to leave to go to villa as he was well aware iof the interest they have in him.

Villa whacked in a bid and were told to get stuffed as we rate Milner much more than what they value him at.

KK then came out in the press and said that nobody else would be leaving, and that Milner is too valuable a player as he features heavily in KK's plans.

Milner then got the idea that if he's so important why is he not on bigger wages, so tried to re-negotiate his contract(or O'neil has tapped him up and suggested he hand in a transfer request cause that way we cant stop it)

He was told by the club that as he has just signed a new deal another would not be on the cards for a while, so he handed in a transfer request to try and shake things up a bit.

O'neil was at the Coventry game and was fully aware of the transdfer request Milner had handed in, so Milner played himself daft to try and impress.

O'neil then opened up preliminary talks with the club with regards to taking Milner to villa.

Should milner then leave, after KK said he was not. fans and press alike would jump on the fact that the deal was done behind KK's back without him knowing about it, and if he did know about it then he would be branded a liar.

So in the interest of maintaing KK's image the club announced the transfer request.

heres what I think

Milner wanted to leave to go to villa as he was well aware iof the interest they have in him.

Villa whacked in a bid and were told to get stuffed as we rate Milner much more than what they value him at.

KK then came out in the press and said that nobody else would be leaving, and that Milner is too valuable a player as he features heavily in KK's plans.

Milner then got the idea that if he's so important why is he not on bigger wages, so tried to re-negotiate his contract(or O'neil has tapped him up and suggested he hand in a transfer request cause that way we cant stop it)

He was told by the club that as he has just signed a new deal another would not be on the cards for a while, so he handed in a transfer request to try and shake things up a bit.

O'neil was at the Coventry game and was fully aware of the transdfer request Milner had handed in, so Milner played himself daft to try and impress.

O'neil then opened up preliminary talks with the club with regards to taking Milner to villa.

Should milner then leave, after KK said he was not. fans and press alike would jump on the fact that the deal was done behind KK's back without him knowing about it, and if he did know about it then he would be branded a liar.

So in the interest of maintaing KK's image the club announced the transfer request.

Sorry but I dont think Milner played well to impress O'neil, O'neil already wants him he's got nothing to prove. The reason Milner looked better that game was because of the opposition imho. He tries 100% everygame it just went well for him against Coventry and you've got to agree that cross/shot goal was flukey. Despite all that still reckon he was the second best player on the pitch  :shifty:

Alot of people are making the negative assumption that the club is the one in the wrong. Hold the fuck on, Milner handed in a transfer request because we refused to give him a wage rise and WE are in the wrong? I'm not being fooled by this "young proffesional" bullshit, he wanted a wage rise that he did not deserve.

As for his request. The club is the one that has been shat on here, not Milner. If they want to release this information, they can do it when and how they like. Milner can't simply be a greedy tosspot and expect the club to stay quiet about the matter. If he had been sold and the fans had gone mad, the club would be seen wrong for selling him but the fans would have had no clue about him handing in a transfer request.

As for why we have released it now and not 8 days ago, my guess is that at this meeting the club decided we were not going to review his contract and therefore accepted his transfer request, therefore making it public.

Guest neesy111

Milner has shown his true colours, he's only motivated by money, therefore any reaction by the crowd should be a negative one, as he can't just feel he should get a new contract when he feels like it, does he think he run's the club or something?

Milner has shown his true colours, he's only motivated by money, therefore any reaction by the crowd should be a negative one, as he can't just feel he should get a new contract when he feels like it, does he think he run's the club or something?

Do you not seek to get a payrise each year in your job?

I really don't see what anyone has done wrong.

Milner asked for a review of his contract which he is entitled to.

The club said you are staying on what we agreed last year. Fine

Milner has decided that he will ask for a transfer as he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere. Fine

It may well be that he will stay, if so I have no doubt that he will continue to give 100% and continue to provide a split opinion amongst the fans as to his ability.

He may well yet end up signing a new contract next summer.

i don't think Milner's done anything wrong in trying to get more money, and I don't think we've done anything wrong in deciding we'd rather have £10m to buy someone better.

Guest neesy111

Do you not seek to get a payrise each year in your job?

I really don't see what anyone has done wrong.

Milner asked for a review of his contract which he is entitled to.

The club said you are staying on what we agreed last year. Fine

Milner has decided that he will ask for a transfer as he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere. Fine

It may well be that he will stay, if so I have no doubt that he will continue to give 100% and continue to provide a split opinion amongst the fans as to his ability.

He may well yet end up signing a new contract next summer.

he signs a 5 year contract, but then after a year says, i want another 1, shows a lot of greed

players don't need payrises ffs, your talking crap there

That is total rubbish.

His attitude has been spot on and admirable given the way the club treated him over that Villa fiasco.

Why shouldn't he be paid as much as some of the gash that he plays with - Taylor being a prime example - total double standards.

You have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes but if the Taylor rumour is true then I think that's fair enough, I would do the same in my job if I thought a colleague who was on the same level/inferior to me was being paid more.

His attitude throughout on that pitch has been to give a 100% everytime and idiots giving him jip on the pitch will not help anyone.

Guest neesy111

i don't think Milner's done anything wrong in trying to get more money, and I don't think we've done anything wrong in deciding we'd rather have £10m to buy someone better.

well, he's spat his dummy out hasn't he, for someone saying he's loyal, then he's the least committed player in the squad for saying he wants to leave over a payrise

i haven't seen michael owen hand in a transfer request over his contract

Sensible post

Sensible post

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think he is being greedy.

When all players are fit is he guaranteed a starting place? NO

Is he a full international? NO

Does he contribute massively in any area for the team (eg, assists, goals scored)? NO

Does he work hard? YES - but see Smith

I think £10 million for a squad player is very good business, and i would definately sell

For 10 million we could 2 players that are way better

Guest neesy111

That is total rubbish.

His attitude has been spot on and admirable given the way the club treated him over that Villa fiasco.

Why shouldn't he be paid as much as some of the gash that he plays with - Taylor being a prime example - total double standards.

You have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes but if the Taylor rumour is true then I think that's fair enough, I would do the same in my job if I thought a colleague who was on the same level/inferior to me was being paid more.

His attitude throughout on that pitch has been to give a 100% everytime and idiots giving him jip on the pitch will not help anyone.

he doesn't decide the wages at the club and trying to exercise player power

he will use this 100% committment thing, to get the fans to be on his side, and it's all bollocks

smith gives 100%, does he deserve a payrise then?