James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really don't see why the club released the statement. It does nothing to help the situation, especially if he ends up having to stay.

I can't imagine the club releasing the statement a week after the request unless he was practically out the door.

Exactly. Saves the, "why the f*cking hell have we sold him?!" threads, etc. At least now, we know he wants to leave, and most likely know a deal is agreed somewhere.

Pretty annoyed by todays events in general.

Why shouldn't Milner be on an equal pay to Taylor/N'Zogbia?

The answer is in your next question

Why sign a contract 12 months after agreeing it?

Will put serious money on Milner not delaying the new contract. Almost certain the situation went (not verbatim)

11.50pm August 31st 2006

NUFC: Milner we've decided not to sell you to Villa afterall, sorry for the confusion

Milner: Er...but they've offered me a XXX signing fee and to double my current wages

NUFC: Oh, don't worry we'll match what they've offered you as our way of saying sorry for messing you about

December 2006

Milner: Boss, any chance of that new contract we agreed about in August?

Roeder: Don't worry, I'm looking at it very carefully, I've already made three or four revisions. I'll sit down with you when I'm confident we've identified the right contract for the situation

Milner: Oh, ok...

March 2007:

Milner: Boss, I've still not heard about that contract

Roeder: Don't worry, I'm still looking carefully at the options, in fact I've also got Lee Clark looking at them too, he's got a lot of experience with these things

Milner: Oh, ok...

July 2007:

NUFC: Here you go James, this is the contract we promised for you, sorry about the delay but we've had a lot going on, hope it's not been too much hassle

Milner: Thanks very much

March 2008:

Taylor: Jimmy, I'm getting a new contract, I'm sick of those overpaid clouts Smith and Geremi getting paid four times as much as me, I'm four times as popular with the fans AND I'm local and I play four times as well [in my head]

Milner: Aye, fancy a game of darts?

Taylor: Nah, me and me dad have got a photoshoot with the Chronicle, they're gunna put me on the back page again! [head swells once more before wandering off...]

Milner: But you've not even been playing that well...?

July 2008:

Keegan: Jimmy, you're definitely in my plans for the season

Milner: Boss, is there any chance I can get a new deal to match Stevie Taylors? I know he's a good player but I feel I'm a little bit ahead of him in terms of development [more England U21 caps, etc] and I've given my all to the club for the past few years, do you think it'd be possible?

Keegan: Of course Jimmy, I definitely want you to stay and be happy, I'm sure the chairman won't have a problem with rewarding you for your performances, I'll talk to him at the next meeting

[/James]

Brummie, do you post on Villatalk? :lol:

No. It is the home of whining teenagers. Embarassing.

I've just been reading the forum, I don't think I'll go back.

Even I don't bother reading it.

Heroes and Villains is a decent read, but Villatalk is beyond awful.

Guest toonchina

I don't think Milner personally wants to leave.It might have been Wise's negative attitute towards him that forced him to submit a transfer request--on the day when Keegan,Wise and Ashley meet to talk about transfers.Anyway,for this over-rated boy,8 or 10M would be a fantastic deal.

I'm sorry but WTF are you talking about ???

I'm making some sence by telling you Milner is being forced out of this club.WTF are you talking about?

You make little sense.

What are you ranting on about with Wise and his negative attitude towards Milner. Have they 'been at loggerheads'?

Just read today's(for you it's tomorrow) Times to see if I make sense here.

Oh yeah,I suspect you would say all papers are rubbish.

I thought he was one of our better players last season and given the treatment he had re that Villa stuff, his attitude was admirable and has always been spot on.  He isn't the best player in the prem but he certainly isn't as bad as some are making out.  We don't know what the contractual situation was/is but he certainly deserves to be on a par to some of the cr*p we currently are paying and folk like Smith, Ameobi and even Duff should be out the door before him.

I don't know what brought him to put in a transfer request but I doubt its a knee jerk or a malicious intent, nothing in his demenour, interviews or attitude on the pitch has ever struck me as a selfish, money orientated mercenary, unlike some we have paid ridiculous amounts to.

As I say if this is a deliberate strategy to get rid of players we deem below our standards then there should be a queue ahead of Milner.

I thought he was one of our better players last season and given the treatment he had re that Villa stuff, his attitude was admirable and has always been spot on.  He isn't the best player in the prem but he certainly isn't as bad as some are making out.  We don't know what the contractual situation was/is but he certainly deserves to be on a par to some of the cr*p we currently are paying and folk like Smith, Ameobi and even Duff should be out the door before him.

I don't know what brought him to put in a transfer request but I doubt its a knee jerk or a malicious intent, nothing in his demenour, interviews or attitude on the pitch has ever struck me as a selfish, money orientated mercenary, unlike some we have paid ridiculous amounts to.

As I say if this is a deliberate strategy to get rid of players we deem below our standards then there should be a queue ahead of Milner.

Whilst I agree we should be looking to offload others before Milner, how would we go about getting them to put in transfer requests?

He's clearly our best player, he's the difference between us playing champs league football next season or championship football

I don't think Milner personally wants to leave.It might have been Wise's negative attitute towards him that forced him to submit a transfer request--on the day when Keegan,Wise and Ashley meet to talk about transfers.Anyway,for this over-rated boy,8 or 10M would be a fantastic deal.

I'm sorry but WTF are you talking about ???

I'm making some sence by telling you Milner is being forced out of this club.WTF are you talking about?

You make little sense.

What are you ranting on about with Wise and his negative attitude towards Milner. Have they 'been at loggerheads'?

Just read today's(for you it's tomorrow) Times to see if I make sense here.

Oh yeah,I suspect you would say all papers are rubbish.

So China gets the Times 24 hours in advance of the UK? :lol:

Maybe we have got his replacement lined up and want him off the books first?

He hands in the request, we don't really want rid but will respect his decision, get the replacement sorted first then let the interested parties know he is now available.

Nah, that sounds like the actions of a professional football outfit.  Won't get anywhere near the 9M that's been quoted by the scum sucking media either - once it's known that they want away then any powerbase is gone (Batty / Jenas).

If Milner does go then I'd like to thank him for his efforts both on and off the pitch, the lad is a model pro who has always tried his best.  I can't think of any player who has been treated so badly by the club yet he's taken it all on the chin.

We almost flogged him to Villa only to change our minds at the last minute and we've had the manager publicly stating that we'd win nothing with a team full of James Milner’s.

I wish him luck as a player and a person, some of the comments in here are pathetic, Milner has always worked his bollocks off for us and if life was fair he’d be a top player, which he isn’t.  I can’t think of any player who has worked as hard as Milner over the last few years and he’s done that for us, the club and himself.

If Milner does go then I'd like to thank him for his efforts both on and off the pitch, the lad is a model pro who has always tried his best.  I can't think of any player who has been treated so badly by the club yet he's taken it all on the chin.

We almost flogged him to Villa only to change our minds at the last minute and we've had the manager publicly stating that we'd win nothing with a team full of James Milner’s.

I wish him luck as a player and a person, some of the comments in here are pathetic, Milner has always worked his bollocks off for us and if life was fair he’d be a top player, which he isn’t.  I can’t think of any player who has worked as hard as Milner over the last few years and he’s done that for us, the club and himself.

:clap:

We almost flogged him to Villa only to change our minds at the last minute and we've had the manager publicly stating that we'd win nothing with a team full of James Milners.

I wish him luck as a player and a person, some of the comments in here are pathetic, Milner has always worked his bollocks off for us and if life was fair hed be a top player, which he isnt.  I cant think of any player who has worked as hard as Milner over the last few years and hes done that for us, the club and himself.

Completely agree, kind of shocked he has handed in the transfer request now given some of the shit he has had in the past and just kept his head done but no-one can say the lad was lazy/just here for the money/a flop.

He isn't half as bad as some made out, was worth the money we paid and will leave making us a profit on his original transfer fee. Best of luck to him and I am sure he will do well wherever he ends up.

Put it this way, Milner's not got the talent we require ultimately, but if some of his peers had his dedication to the cause we'd be in a much better state right than we are right now.

We almost flogged him to Villa only to change our minds at the last minute and we've had the manager publicly stating that we'd win nothing with a team full of James Milners.

I wish him luck as a player and a person, some of the comments in here are pathetic, Milner has always worked his bollocks off for us and if life was fair hed be a top player, which he isnt.  I cant think of any player who has worked as hard as Milner over the last few years and hes done that for us, the club and himself.

Agreed, but he's seriously fucked up with the transfer request & the PFA have in turn made his position untenable with their statement today.